Shockers in the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Whoever runs that team is not smart. Playing him only 11 minutes per game?
    (Disclaimer: I don't know what the exact rules are for this league or team so my comments may or may not apply to Ron here) The various international rules regarding the play of foreign born players vary all over the map. Many leagues allow for only limited minutes in specific quarters and have little to do with game situations. It's crazy to think a player could go off for a 15 point quarter in the 3rd and not be allowed to play in the 4th.

But I agree, in general, playing Ron such a limited amount of minutes doesn't seem likely to make that team better.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

(Disclaimer: I don't know what the exact rules are for this league or team so my comments may or may not apply to Ron here) The various international rules regarding the play of foreign born players vary all over the map. Many leagues allow for only limited minutes in specific quarters and have little to do with game situations. It's crazy to think a player could go off for a 15 point quarter in the 3rd and not be allowed to play in the 4th.

But I agree, in general, playing Ron such a limited amount of minutes doesn't seem likely to make that team better.
      So What? Ron Baker was a class act at WSU. His jersey will be hanging from the rafters one day. BUT? I don't understand all this crying for Ron. He still got paid a nice sum of money. And if he did not know about the rules for playing foreign players a limited number of minutes he should fire his agent. Nobody made Ron Baker play ball in Russia. Please stop all the crying.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

So What? Ron Baker was a class act at WSU. His jersey will be hanging from the rafters one day. BUT? I don't understand all this crying for Ron. He still got paid a nice sum of money. And if he did not know about the rules for playing foreign players a limited number of minutes he should fire his agent. Nobody made Ron Baker play ball in Russia. Please stop all the crying.
        “Crying?”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

bitter.jpg

Comment

Comment

• Saw this tweet from a Knick fan. Lol! Pretty funny...

Capture.JPG
              Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; August 4, 2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Saw this tweet from a Knick fan. Lol! Pretty funny...

Capture.JPG
                Hey, Chris. I'm just glad you didn't get a chance to go 0 for 3, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Saw this tweet from a Knick fan. Lol! Pretty funny...

Capture.JPG
                  "Guess which two careers we screwed up"

Fixed that for him.

Though Cle kinda screwed his own up

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Guess which two careers we screwed up"

Fixed that for him.

Though Cle kinda screwed his own up
                    You beat me to it, but agreed. Cle and Ron could've done much much better ANYWHERE other than the Knicks.

Comment

• Cle was good enough to at least get a 2nd contract, Be careful what you wish for, as they say.

Comment

Oh poor baby. No No Ron doesn't take any responsibility at all for choosing to play in Russia. It is somebody else fault. But hey he can always depend on you and other to come on this board and suck up to him. Ron made a ton of money. But I can not feel bad for him with so many people out of work in this country. Sorry that hurts your feeling little girl. You betcha !

Comment

Oh poor baby. No No Ron doesn't take any responsibility at all for choosing to play in Russia. It is somebody else fault. But hey he can always depend on you and other to come on this board and suck up to him. Ron made a ton of money. But I can not feel bad for him with so many people out of work in this country. Sorry that hurts your feeling little girl. You betcha !
                          Wow
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

It sounds like someone isn’t a Ron Baker backer. In fact your statements go farther than to merely point out mistakes Ron may have made. They are emotionally charged, and appear to have some sort of malice and perhaps anger toward him and a little odd coming from a Shocker fan. If I’m wrong, please explain your negativity toward him in a more thoughtful manner. If I’m right, you have told us a lot about you.

I never saw Ron represent Wichita State in any way that wasn’t positive. He was a great college player, a great ambassador for Wichita, and I’m glad he came here, and made a lot of money. I just wish he would have enjoyed more professional success because his national publicity could have furthered our basketball program just as Fred is doing. I don’t think I’m sucking up to him. I’m just stating facts.

By the way, as you can see by what others have said, they don’t understand where you’re coming from either.
                              Last edited by Shockm; August 4, 2020, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X