Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    Did I really hear “Superman that Hoe” on the system tonight?

when you ejaculate on a girls back then put a blanket on her so when she stands up the blanket sticks therefore making her look like she has a cape.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
      Shocker Mama commented
      Editing a comment
      Good grief. Surely we can do better.

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Oh GD! That's Shocker basketball right there son; knees bruised, coach fired up, Jaime raising the roof!

T

...:cool:
    So great to hear Gregg Marshall mention this play as his play of the year. "That's Shocker Basketball; that's Play Angry basketball!"

You're GD right it is coach! We start doing that more often and the sky's the limit. It's not the name on the jersey that's important, it's the purpose with which the player plays. Wessel had barely an ounce of basketball talent but you better believe he knew Play Angry from top to bottom son and that kid was valuable! We've got 5-7 kids on this current roster that if they buy in fully to the Marshall Way will lead us to a very bright place. It's time for these guys to take a blood oath and promise each other there will never be another regression. It's time to take the mantle that was handed to them and make Shocker Nation proud. Let's. Go. Shockers!

T

Comment

• Okay, easiest part of the schedule is behind us. Going to get MUCH tougher going forward. Last
    night's win was nothing more than a good scrimmage to me. VCU will be a much better indicator
    of how far the team has come but conference play is the real test. We could have a very rude
    awakening come January.

Comment

• Everything appears better when we shoot the ball well...………..I just don't see it happening for AM or Rod B...……..good to see Ricky shoot well, his shot is pretty...……..those officials really made the game hard to watch...…...Coach prolly oughta stay in the box.....

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        We shot really well last year but I still saw massive chinks in the armor. Our offensive efficiency can drop a little from last year while our defensive efficiency increases by 25% and we will be on the right track to national prominence again.

T

• Can anybody envision Austin Reaves swan diving headfirst into a big scary muscular dude holding the ball on the floor, ripping the ball away from him like it was the NCAA championship trophy, and then expertly dishing it out to Echinique for the crowd raising stretched out lay-dunk-up? Me neither. One step back, two steps forward.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        gotta protect those shoulders

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, Austin's game is definitely a shooting game.

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        No doubt. He might have dived onto the floor but if he had he's leavin' without one or both of his arms.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/sTm3F...6e6c4851877973

T

• game11.pnggame11-1.pnggame11-2.png
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        If I am reading this chart correctly it says AM was -1 for the game? That is not correct if that is what it says.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Echenique with a final +/- of +34
      ES with a +23 when scoring only 2 points himself.

AM with a -8 in a 21 point win, while playing less than 2 minutes.
      Had a similar outing against Southern MIss. both of which resulted in blowing big leads. Makes me wonder why he ever plays and why anyone would want him to.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        AM's 3-7 shooting should have been 5-7 or better. The 4 misses were point blank shots. Of course, he isn't the only one that has missed 1 foot shots.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        It 's not just shooting boys. That is the beauty of the +/-.

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Top - +/- are problematic... especially so on an incredibly small sample size.

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
      I can't believe hip-hop music, full volume ++, foul language and almost no pep band. I've never heard most of the s***. Had to Sound Hound it to find out what it even was. Solja Boy, Mo Bomba, what?
      Even Dancing Don Hall was complaining about the music ("whatever that was") and volume this morning on his radio show. Said he was still trying to get his hearing back. Said he must be getting old.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      McDuffie passes Jamie Arnold on scoring lost. Woefully behind in hot dogs.
      I'll never forget Jaimie Arnold's premeditated bricklayer free throw. Did MM also pass Ernie Moore and T. Cotton in scoring? Those 2 players were awesome Shocks and MM set out some games last Season and has many games left to go. So glad he stayed on for his Senior Season.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I'm guessing the volume differences around the arena must be pretty extreme, because from where I sit, the Solja Boy tune (which I don't care for, BTW) was the first time this season that the volume in my spot has seemed to be loud enough to understand. Or maybe I am going deaf, the wife sure thinks so...
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Can anybody envision Austin Reaves swan diving headfirst into a big scary muscular dude holding the ball on the floor, ripping the ball away from him like it was the NCAA championship trophy, and then expertly dishing it out to Echinique for the crowd raising stretched out lay-dunk-up? Me neither. One step back, two steps forward.
          This would be Todd Fagan standing over him afterwards if that scenario had ever played out.

Image result for arm ripped off cartoon

Comment

• Well. Reaves dove on the floor for balls, absolutely..........and I believe it was Poo Bear who threw the ball to Etch.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Well. Reaves dove on the floor for balls, absolutely..........and I believe it was Poo Bear who threw the ball to Etch.
              Yes, I don't recall Austin being one to shy away from contact. Yes, it was Poor Bear who passed the ball to Jaime but Erik did the dirty work digging it out, but Poor Bear would not have been in position to make the pass if he had not got down and dirty as well.

Comment

• Hi friend, is Joerg. Happy on this perform! These kids are better but slow better. But slow better is ok over notbetter. Tonigt is last work before brake of Christmas and then stayhome days. So happy to have mad wife screaming kids and Joerg to make fix kitchen. All joy for holiday!

merry Christ mas friends. And open many presents of Shocker victory! Happy days of 2019. Thanks Joerg

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                  Shocktoberfest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love me some Joerg.

• SHOXAAC love s him Joerg and many statement is funny. Post best of much Shocker fan that luv Dave that house built. Many more times of fun with Joerg and is wisedome of words make land of Shockers joy during cake party for son of main man of bible.

Comment

Working...
                X