No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Oral Roberts Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo Bamba’s Shek Wes, besides the bad language, and loud sound, makes some of us want to reach into our skull and pull our brains to that head splitting trash. I feel sorry for the parents of kids who are exposed to that NC 17 music.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Played at Intrust too. Hip-hop music is mainstream top 40 now. You either get that or Taylor Swift. Your choice. I wouldn't mind a little Five Finger Death Punch but that makes more sense at a hockey game.

T

...:cool:

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      https://media.giphy.com/media/GkeqBcRuZ012M/giphy.gif

• I was thinking this might be more appropriate for the fanbase, but they use the word "damn" - the horror!

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• i dont mind the mo bamba - just wish they didnt censor the lyrics. the beat is light years better than the intro we’ve been beating to death over the last few weeks.

funny thing is that the grown folks (70+) next to me couldnt understand the lyrics.. a little trip to google and his/his wife faces were priceless.. almost as good as the little white girls in front of me with the strip club “let it rain” hand gesture as the track played.

“Mo Bamba” is a track named after Orlando Magic and former Texas Longhorn center Mohamed Bamba. He grew up playing basketball with Sheck and in this song, Sheck compares his

Comment

• Comment

• Didn't the Shockers recruit Mo Bamba?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Didn't the Shockers recruit Mo Bamba?
          No, that was Flo Rida I think.

Comment

• nm
            Last edited by WuDrWu; December 20, 2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
              i dont mind the mo bamba - just wish they didnt censor the lyrics. the beat is light years better than the intro we’ve been beating to death over the last few weeks.

funny thing is that the grown folks (70+) next to me couldnt understand the lyrics.. a little trip to google and his/his wife faces were priceless.. almost as good as the little white girls in front of me with the strip club “let it rain” hand gesture as the track played.

https://genius.com/Sheck-wes-mo-bamba-lyrics
              Such a proud culture have evolved into.

#MeToo and equal rights for women, right? (Excluding hip-hop culture, of course... somehow... for no logically or morally defensible rationale.)

Comment

• Let's look at AM's 120 seconds he got last night (not counting the gratuitous final minute).

ORU sets up a double screen, Ricky loses his man for a wide open 3. Good.
                Ricky drives the middle for a pull up 10 footer. Good. AM has sealed off his defensive man for perfect rebounding position.
                ORU misses a shot. AM and Rod are in position to get the rebound. It goes to Rod and he immediately fires a pass out of bounds.
                Malone has the ball on top, AM goes to hedge but Malone drives to the left. Ricky an AM get tangled. Rod comes to Malone as well. He passes to AM's man fo an easy basket.
                Samajae with a quick 3. Miss.
                AM's man pops out for a 15 footer (good). He should have closed harder.
                AM seals his guy on the offensive end but Ricky's pass leads him too far under the basket. He makes a move to the baseline and flips it to Rod standing in front of the basket. Rod fumbles the ball and then gets his shot blocked.
                The blocked shot goes to Malone at the free throw line. Jamarius, Samajae and Ricky are all between Malone and the basket. Malone dribbles 3/4 of the floor for a layup without being challenged.
                Gregg calls time out.
                Who gets lit up like a Christmas Tree and relegated to the bench?
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• wusphlash
                  wusphlash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your comment that he has bad hands speaks volumes about your predisposition towards Asbjorn. He will likely be gone because it's obvious that's what Gregg wants. So much for a program that develops players.

• Shockm
                  Shockm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You missed what made GM mad at AM. He is 270 lbs. and pushed around by a 220 lb. player. He’s just soft.

• ArtVandalay
                  ArtVandalay commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can't develop agility, vertical jumping ability, aggressiveness, court awareness, BBIQ and post moves in the next two seasons.

AM is an impressive human being and by all accounts a great person to be around, but he's 21 already (2 weeks younger than McDuffie) and is the perfect example of a chance you take on a guy as a MVC team (which we were when we recruited him).

• I have defended AM from the get go. It just seems to me that GM lets others play through their mistakes
                a lot more than he does AM. He has played a total of 36 minutes going 3-7 from the field with six rebounds.
                He has played pretty solid defense. I've seen him open several times in good position and ignored. He has
                not hurt this team in any way yet seems to be the target for some posters. As we go into AAC play I think
                we are going to need his size, length, defense and rebounding. I am afraid someday we are going to look back
                and say sure wish we would have given him more PT.

Comment

• Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That article read like a sweat novel to me. I can't fully disclose where my hands were while reading it. Let me just say this, if I were a smoker, I'd be taking some deeeeep drags right about now. Ahhhhhhhhh.

My attitude towards the Shockers has made a complete 180 from just a few days ago.

Do you have any idea how important it is that Jaime caught the ball from the free-throw line and laid it in (nearly jamming it) without taking a single dribble? I've been waiting 25 ****ing years for us to get a big man that could (would) do that...

This guy is Lunkish... without the stars. What's he gonna look like next year? Holy Smokes!

T

...:cool:

• I've wished and hoped for the best for Midtgaard, but I'm starting to think that Midtgaard is unlikely to be a contributor on a top-50 program.

He has a limited vertical. I'm not upset by his hands. I think he catches and passes fairly well for a big guy. He's is not quick. I think his problem is reaction time.

The play that probably got him pulled was defending on a high screen where the ball handler went to the basket. Midtgaard hedged and then tried to switch back to his man. When he did that, he set a perfect screen on the defender following the ball handler. The guy driving to the bnasket used Midtgaard for a screen and was unguarded at the basket. With better reactions he would have either stepped aside and let his teammate contest the ball handler, or dropped back to the basket and blocked the shot.

Slow reaction time can make a player look like he's a bad passer - doesn't get it to the right spot on time. Slow reactions also limit rebounding, and Midtgaard doesn't dominate the boards like you'd think a 7', 270 lb. guy could. Scholarship players who play with the walkons have a high transfer rate.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Let's look at AM's 120 seconds he got last night (not counting the gratuitous final minute).

ORU sets up a double screen, Ricky loses his man for a wide open 3. Good.
                    Ricky drives the middle for a pull up 10 footer. Good. AM has sealed off his defensive man for perfect rebounding position.
                    ORU misses a shot. AM and Rod are in position to get the rebound. It goes to Rod and he immediately fires a pass out of bounds.
                    Malone has the ball on top, AM goes to hedge but Malone drives to the left. Ricky an AM get tangled. Rod comes to Malone as well. He passes to AM's man fo an easy basket.
                    Samajae with a quick 3. Miss.
                    AM's man pops out for a 15 footer (good). He should have closed harder.
                    AM seals his guy on the offensive end but Ricky's pass leads him too far under the basket. He makes a move to the baseline and flips it to Rod standing in front of the basket. Rod fumbles the ball and then gets his shot blocked.
                    The blocked shot goes to Malone at the free throw line. Jamarius, Samajae and Ricky are all between Malone and the basket. Malone dribbles 3/4 of the floor for a layup without being challenged.
                    Gregg calls time out.
                    Who gets lit up like a Christmas Tree and relegated to the bench?
                    If this is what you took from watching AM's 120 seconds then all I can say is you basketball IQ is perhaps the lowest I have ever came across. You are embarrassing yourself.

Comment

• WstateU
                      WstateU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      https://i.imgflip.com/19lcao.jpg

• wusphlash
                      wusphlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And yet you called him out for his play in the So Miss game when his play consisted of the final free throw.

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Midtgaard may or may not be here next year. He may or may not be a terrible player. In the few minutes he’s played during his career I’ve seen flashes of talent and also moments where he looked lost.

I don’t understand why some people have to be so continually negative and critical towards him and attack others who might dare voice a different opinion. We get it, you don’t think he’s good. That’s fine. Doesn’t mean you’re right or that others can’t have a different opinion.

• I'd like to remind everyone of that slam dunk he made after running the length of the court at good
                    speed and catching a nice pass on the run and jamming it. That showed me he is capable of MUCH
                    more given the opportunities.

Comment

• We need a JV team.

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, let's add 5 scholarships and go back to having Fr teams. That would solve the problem of the one-and-done players.

I don't mean this to be snarky - I just find it interesting to let the one-and-dones play in college, but they aren't eligible to compete for league titles or post-season tournaments. That might evern dry up the shoe money.
                    Working...
                    X