No announcement yet.

Chance Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some of his school changes were by necessity (graduating high school, going the prep route), but once he chooses his next landing spot, that will be five schools in four years. That is usually a tell-tale sign of where the problem lies.

Comment

• OregonShocker
      OregonShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      When my sister got her first divorce, my Dad said, "That guy was a jerk!" When she got her second, he said, "Well, it just didn't work out." When she got her THIRD, he said, "Who, exactly, has the problem?" Think this may apply here...

Bottom line, you got to have the right attitude and be willing to learn and work hard, playing here is a grind mentally and physically, having a bad attitude and showing a lack of effort in practice won’t get you very far. It takes a certain type of player to thrive in the Marshall system, and if you don’t have what it takes you run the risk of not getting playing time, we seen this with players before, just look at Shaq, some players bear with it and rise to the opportunity and others don’t. Good luck to him though
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
      Went from GOAT to that G is OUT...✌️
      Had potential.. but cringe

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol I tried and failed

The moment I heard he needed his year at Sunrise because he had maturity issues, a red flag went up. Players with "maturity issues" don't do well with Marshall as their coach.

The same thing was said about Chandler.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems that Chandler struggled to graduate. He was still taking classes to get into WSU when everyone else was on campus taking summer school.

Comment

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a lighthearted comment about CM being concerned with his PT and his public image.

Wow, someone needs to buy SN a few rounds. With the negativity in the game threads and the coach bashing in the coach's show thread, the Debbie Downers are making it kinda dreary around here.

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd like to see facial expressions to note if HCGM was sarcastic or jabbing; yeah, if CM was concerned with PT he didn't need to look at the paper to figure out how much he DIDN'T play.

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think there is any question it was just a lighthearted poke at Taylor/The Press by 3G.

And also . . .

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a ringing endorsement at all. A kid that wants to play a lot from day one, but doesn't want to work on things coaches say he needs to improve?

He'll find a home, but a lot of coaches will scratch him off their lists for that.

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a great way to end up in the SWAC or D-II.

3G's comments validate what we were all thinking. Playing time was going to be an issue for somebody with this many guys and in the age of instant gratification, there was a good possibility for it playing out like this.

This probably is what's best for everyone involved though. Maybe he'll end up in Dayton with Donnie Jones.

Comment

This is too bad. The young man had a terrific opportunity and squandered it away. Sometimes the young mind just can't see the forest from the trees. I'd be so embarrassed if it were me. Well at least someday he can tell his kids he was given a scholarship to play basketball at Wichita St. once upon a time.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Lots of us have quit jobs for any number of reasons. Doesn't necessarily mean we are bums or that our employers were bums. Sometimes in hindsight you regret quitting other times you regret not quitting sooner. Who's to say what opportunities Chance will have?
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Lots of us have quit jobs for any number of reasons. Doesn't necessarily mean we are bums or that our employers were bums. Sometimes in hindsight you regret quitting other times you regret not quitting sooner. Who's to say what opportunities Chance will have?
              Well, agree to a certain extent (scary, I know).

Recruiting is about finding not only the talented, but those who fit in with your system. Chance (and the guy who recruited him) did not fit in with HCGM's way of running a program.
              His work ethic didn't mesh.
              His attitude didn't mesh.
              His inability to buy into what the coaches expected, on and off the court, didn't mesh.

There are other reasons and all equate to a plane ride back home.

Actually, I'm surprised he was there this long. The writing has been on the wall, billboards, satellites you name it, for months.

He is talented and there will be plenty of suitors willing to roll the dice with him.
              Who knows, once he matures a bit more, may end up being a successful student athlete. Here's hoping he does.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                OregonShocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Guess I didn't see the same writing you did; unless you're referring to "minutes played". :-) Was there some other clue that he wasn't working out in the system? I seriously don't recall any comments in that regard.

I think he'llk turn out to be a decent player somewhere. He'd be a great fit in the "Colt Ryan" role in a Marty Simmons program, but Marty seems to be out of coaching by now. He might work out in the type of game McDermott runs at Creighton. He needs to be in a system where the theory is to win games 94-86.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

“Minutes played in the paper”. Someone tell Gregg if there are stats in that paper, they appear several days after a game is played.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                  “Minutes played in the paper”. Someone tell Gregg if there are stats in that paper, they appear several days after a game is played.
                  Huh? Do you read the paper to find out what’s going to happen tomorrow or next week? The stats per game show that he didn’t play much.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Being old school I always feel a little uncomfortable with these situations even though they're relatively commonplace anymore. Fluid player movement, football players skipping bowl games, more than 3 channels, they all give me the willies. Obviously Chance sees, or hopes for, greener grass elsewhere. I wish him well.

One other thing that makes me scratch my head. People that wish for these kids to come to WSU, celebrate when they sign, demand that they produce immediatly and hope for their early departure when they don't so we can go after the next hot thing. Wash, rinse, repeat. Some fans have no more stick-to-itiveness than these bounce around players.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Fans? That seems to be how GM and many other coaches build a program.
                  Working...
                  X