No announcement yet.

We've lost our edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players AND coach had worked up a nice sweat by the first media timeout. I like the efforrrrrr... DESPERATION I'm seeing. People actually look like they care out there on the floor. Marshall's workin' for his paycheck and the kids are workin' for their scholarships.

And I know ya'll heard Mark Adams comments: Looks like the old Shockers again... the old Play Angry...

T

...:cool:

Comment

• In conference play Jamarius Burton is averaging 7.6 ppg, 3.2 apg, and 3.1 rpg. He’s shooting 49/50/90 on FG/3/FT.

That’s solid stuff
      I fixed it too
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• SRW_Strops_Razor-300x225.jpg

Comment

• You want to know what Play Angry looks like? Watch a gassed AM, having just made a spectacular defensive play, extend his neck like an Aldabra tortoise in heat while sprinting back on offense to put an exclamation point on his shift...

Forget the block, forget the dunk; I could pleasure myself all afternoon long watching that boy dig down deep for something Xtra. He wasn't satisfied with merely inflicting a wound, he wanted the kill. **** ya!

(Video should be cued, but if not go to 1:50)

T

Comment

• At the beginning of the season I was thinking Midtgaard was unlikely to be productive or be back for a third year. Issues of lack of elevation and foot speed looked to be difficult to overcome.

AM still can't jump and he will never have great foot speed or clever foot work, but he's managed to work hard enough to overcome the weaker areas of his game. AM looks likely to be the best player Marshall has had who's over 6'8".

Comment

• shocks02
              shocks02 commented
              Editing a comment
              Love Mitty, but Garrett Stutz?

• Aargh
              Aargh commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you remember Stutz as a Soph? I do. It wasn't pretty.

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              You want to know what Play Angry looks like? Watch a gassed AM, having just made a spectacular defensive play, extend his neck like an Aldabra tortoise in heat while sprinting back on offense to put an exclamation point on his shift...

Forget the block, forget the dunk; I could pleasure myself all afternoon long watching that boy dig down deep for something Xtra. He wasn't satisfied with merely inflicting a wound, he wanted the kill. **** ya!

(Video should be cued, but if not go to 1:50)

T

Last year was a complete waste of a year... we had a log jam at the five spot. AM will be a monster by the time this is all said and done.

Comment

• So how we feeling now about our edge?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                  So how we feeling now about our edge?
                  We are looking far less soft than we did at the same point last year. We are regaining our edge but I'm not gonna be doing any cartwheels beating NIT teams. We won the NIT championship with Garrett Stutz for Pete's sakes.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

We are looking far less soft than we did at the same point last year. We are regaining our edge but I'm not gonna be doing any cartwheels beating NIT teams. We won the NIT championship with Garrett Stutz for Pete's sakes.

T

NIT's aren't goals but considering we had 10 newcomers on a team with SHJ and MM, making the NIT Final Four is pretty bigly. We were wondering whether we were even gonna finish above .500 this year a couple months ago.

FYI our last NIT team was with a bunch of juniors and upperclassmen with lots of experience that was expected to go to the NCAA's but didn't.

Perspective buddy.

RIP thread.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I believe in an earlier post you had a hard on for play angry and made the point that it isn’t even about wins or losses; so it shouldn’t matter to you who we are beating. What matters, based on the premise of this thread, is how hard we are playing. And we are playing freaking hard. Even in our losses we have been fighting. Admit it, your thesis was premature and flat out wrong. Most tried to tell you that we stunk earlier in the year cause of the youth and that we would get better but you wouldn’t listen. But now here we are in March and we are clearly better.

Comment

• This team is playing good enough to go ahead and win it. New goals. Let’s do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1989 View Post
                          I believe in an earlier post you had a hard on for play angry and made the point that it isn’t even about wins or losses; so it shouldn’t matter to you who we are beating. What matters, based on the premise of this thread, is how hard we are playing. And we are playing freaking hard. Even in our losses we have been fighting. Admit it, your thesis was premature and flat out wrong. Most tried to tell you that we stunk earlier in the year cause of the youth and that we would get better but you wouldn’t listen. But now here we are in March and we are clearly better.
                          I "had a hard on for Play Angry"??? Yeah... all of Shocker Nation better have a hard on for Play Angry because it's what Gregg Marshall basketball is about and his teams' suck without it. It was absent at times last year and completely absent for the first 1/3 of this year. Play Angry is something taught in 8 weeks over the summer. Shooting/offense comes later. Marshall was talking about our poor conditioning halfway through the season (WTF??). I will never understand why we slipped so badly in the mental toughness department for about 18 months, but will be very thankful if it never returns because if it does, so will the L's.

T

Comment

1989 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It was absent at the beginning of the season because you were always wrong about “play angry” being something that can be taught in a couple of months to most young men new to D1 basketball. This team is currently “ playing angry” because it finally clicked for them in Feb/March. I done told your stubborn ass that it didn’t click with the group that went to the final 4 until February. Do you deny we are playing angry right now? And by now I don’t just mean the NIT. Now as in February and March.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

NIT's aren't goals but considering we had 10 newcomers on a team with SHJ and MM, making the NIT Final Four is pretty bigly. We were wondering whether we were even gonna finish above .500 this year a couple months ago.

FYI our last NIT team was with a bunch of juniors and upperclassmen with lots of experience that was expected to go to the NCAA's but didn't.

Perspective buddy.

RIP thread.
                          It's the NIT Broseph. Stutz's NIT championship team wasn't that good. Perspective!!! ;)

We have 3 big men that are more talented than Stutz was at the same point in their respective careers. If we'd had a little guy with enough brains this year, we'd have made it to the NCAA's on the back of Dexter and Jaime alone. But alas... there are others who must get theirs!!11111

T

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                            IndianaShocker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I like Jaime, but most games he's good for 18-22 minutes due to fouls. Doesn't matter the horse if they peter out halfway through the race. ..

• God grant me the serenity to accept the loud mouth idiots I cannot change...

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Why change anything? Stop being such a control freak.. you'll live longer. Differing opinions are what make America great. Besides, you don't see me asking for you to change your myopic rah-rah banter do you?

T

Working...
                        X