No announcement yet.

Wichita State VS OU pre game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie Morris Poor Bear need to come out and establish rebounding dominance. Miitgaard can help too if he's able.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      And make their bunnies!

Hope otherwise, but winning on the road against a team certainly at least our equal at this point in time, most likely will result in a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      Hope otherwise, but winning on the road against a team certainly at least our equal at this point in time, most likely will result in a loss.
      I think I know what you meant, but what I read was winning will result in a loss.

Comment

• 60Shock
        60Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for clearing that up, 72 - I certainly did get it discombobulated.

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the Club! It's a rather large one.

More concerned with Alabama - 70
      More concerned with Oklahoma - 75

Go Shockers!!!

:wsu_posters::good::wsu_posters:

Comment

Notre Dame’s defense was not good. The Sooners kept running the same basic 2-3 plays and they absolutely could not stop them. But I agree with Doc, OU is way better than they were last year (at least at the end of last year)

Comment

• 60Shock
        60Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope # 44 does not play BB as well.

We win 73-69
      "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

If we win, I'm going to start really getting overly optimistic for the season. The constant over optimism and ensuing heartbreak of the 90's still lives deep within me.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          What he said.

Excited to spend the weekend in OKC. So glad this series exists.

Hopefully the Shockers make Saturday day drinking even more enjoyable with a win. Regardless, with an 11 o’clock start I predict I’ll need a nap at some point.

Comment

If we don't leave Brady Manek open for every 3 then we win. Trae Young is gone so we stand a chance even though their core is better than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
            If we don't leave Brady Manek open for every 3 then we win. Trae Young is gone so we stand a chance even though their core is better than last year.
            That depends which Manek shows up. I've seen Manek not make hardly any 3 point shots and of course, at IBA last year, he hit everything he shot.

Comment

nm
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

That depends which Manek shows up. I've seen Manek not make hardly any 3 point shots and of course, at IBA last year, he hit everything he shot.
              This year the Shockers have a big who can guard him on the perimeter. That would be McDuffie. That's just one example of our only shot of winning this game; Defensive match-ups. It's doabable, but will be a challenge that'll get us ready for AAC play.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                  Our 3pt defense is much improved this year so hopefully we will keep Manek in check. With Kruger downgrading the big kid our odds just improved. But I’ll be honest, I want to see this team compete against full strength Big 12 teams. We’re going to get better as we play against the toughest opponents and 3G has tape to show his young team. I’m optimistic our bigs are up for the challenge. Coach Marshall always has a plan against opposing bigs (see Poeltl, Jakob IBA).

Comment

I’m not as optimistic about our chances in this game and hope I’m wrong. First team to 65 wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X