X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State VS OU pre game thread

Didn't see a thread yet.

Of course he is

I just want two things: the Larry Bird looking white guy to not be left wide open for a million pick and pop threes, and a Shocker win.

Comment

66 to 65 WSU
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Hate to say it....
        Wayman Tisdale 75
        Antoine Carr 70

Hope it's not!

Comment

Can't see a match-up anywhere on the court (or bench) we can exploit. The equalizer, as always, shall (must) be the glass.

Comment

OU had 19 assist and 12 turnovers vs a decent ND team last night. They, like the Shocks are improving as the season progresses. Going to be a 1-2 point game and its a coin flip to me. IF Shocks can get to 19 assist, they blow OU out, especially with the improving D. Need to share the ball.

Comment

OU 70
              WSU 72

Comment

Anyone seen a line on this game?

Comment

Not odds but I always find it interesting to look at fan votes in the yahoo sports app. Nationwide after about 150 votes the Shox are picked by 54%. That’s nice respect. A little surprising actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                    Anyone seen a line on this game?
                    No, although if I had to guess, OU will be favored by 7 or so based on KenPom/Sagarin ratings. KenPom has its prediction as 78-72 OU.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• atlwsu
                      atlwsu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Massey has it 81 -74 OU with a 26% chance of winning.

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                    OU had 19 assist and 12 turnovers vs a decent ND team last night. They, like the Shocks are improving as the season progresses. Going to be a 1-2 point game and its a coin flip to me. IF Shocks can get to 19 assist, they blow OU out, especially with the improving D. Need to share the ball.
                    Agreed. Hero ball will get us nowhere. Sharing the basketball absolutely enhances our chances for success.

I have my doubts though because the assist makers will be getting less minutes than the points guys.

I think it's gonna be an uphill battle but at least it'll be in a neutral to pro-WSU atmosphere. OU is pretty good though. I think they win this one by 7-10.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      Not odds but I always find it interesting to look at fan votes in the yahoo sports app. Nationwide after about 150 votes the Shox are picked by 54%. That’s nice respect. A little surprising actually.
                      Cache.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Even without Tre Young, this is a better Oklahoma team than last year. Bigger and better. They are very underrated in my opinion. Healthy I think they're a top 3 Big12 team, maybe better. Their coach ranks 31 all time in D1 wins. This will be a tremendous challenge for our program.

Afterthought: Gregg has moved up to #77 all time D1 wins and is rapidly approaching 500. Upwards of 1100 wins combined in Saturday's game.
                        Last edited by WuDrWu; December 5, 2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Austin Reaves & Brady Manek show next year

Comment

• Stickboy46
                            Stickboy46 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's ok, we will have the Erik Stevenson (a stronger Austin Reaves), Dexter Dennis, and Teddy Allen show. Teddy dropped 20 on them in Morgantown last year.

• FadedCrown
                            FadedCrown commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Stronger physically and mentally

1. Tight man to man, don't give them open threes and don't foul three point shooters
                          2. Agree with others that ball movement / sharing very important
                          3. WE will have to hold our own with them in three point shooting percentage and boards
                          4. We know that SHJ and MM are going to get the majority of shots - they will BOTH have to shoot well
                          5. A couple others will need to have good games also. DD and ES
                          6. Centers need to hold their own, as well
                          7. A lot to ask and it probably won't happen...........79-72 OU
                          8. I enjoy some tasty crow every now and then

Comment

Working...
                          X