No announcement yet.

The new hook-and-hold flagrant 1 rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the Samajae/Seacat thing repeatedly, and it just looks to me like Samajae got elbowed in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      I watched the Samajae/Seacat thing repeatedly, and it just looks to me like Samajae got elbowed in the head.
      Yeah, that wasn't a hook and hold. It was more of a clusterfludgeabobulation.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Almost exactly what came to my mind when I saw it. I was thinking clusterfludgediscombobulationisky.

At last I've figured out exactly how this new rule works. There was a perfect example in the Davidson (mid-major) vs. Purdue (P5) game.

A player from Purdue was falling down. He clearly locked elbows with a player from Davidson and pulled the Davidson player down with him. In fact, the Purdue player gave quite a heave and pretty much threw the Davidson player to the floor.

The Davidson player was called for the foul because he made contact with the Purdue player when he was pulled down on top of the Purdue player.

The Purdue player didn't "hook and hold". He executed a "hook and throw to floor" instead, so that's not a flagrant 1.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
        Shocker Mama commented
        Editing a comment
        Important nuance.
    Working...
    X