2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Let be clear, the question was not asked because Kennedy didn't ask the question. If the fans were capable of asking the question it would have gotten asked, probably the first question. The coaches show has now become a "safe space" for Coach Marshall. He informs Kennedy what the safe topics are, and where not to go.

You sound surprised that Moore left. I wasn’t surprised except I’m surprised that anyone is surprised. He hadn’t played very much and unless he takes weight training seriously, he won’t excel anywhere. I’m sure he had some skills but he was thin and weak.

Comment

To be fair, Kennedy did ask a lot of questions about player expectations, how they are adapting to D1 ball, etc. You can read between the lines. Chance was not adapting and his high school ball didn’t work here. He didn’t have the fortitude to dig deep when the going got tough.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Probably an accurate description, but it's hard to believe WSU is different from anyone else in that respect.
        Well I can't say I listen to many other coaches show, but I did once catch a Roy Williams show. He was taking calls from live fans. In fact a fan called up and started giving Roy FT practice tips. Roy stopped him and asked him where he worked, and then asked him if he would mind if he came to his place of work and critiqe his work.

That's why coaches' shows have question screeners, either on radio or at the live venue. The only "chance," so to speak, to ask about something like the absence of Chance Moore is for someone to show up and shout the question out loud before being ushered out -- and even then, Kennedy has his bleep button to delay the broadcast long enough to keep it off the air.
        If they were taking live calls, they would have just addressed it straight up before the calls came in if they didn't want to talk about it. That what they have done in the past on sensitive items that they didn't want to talk about or couldn't talk about (like recruit who had verballed, but the LOI hadn't arrived).

They disrespected the fans tonight by not even addressing at all. It was Marshall giving the middle finger to the fans by ignoring the subject.

Comment

• pie n eye
          pie n eye commented
          Editing a comment
          Seriously? That seems like a slight overreaction.

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd say more than slight, pie. But SB has never been known for his restraint.

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You sound surprised that Moore left. I wasn’t surprised except I’m surprised that anyone is surprised. He hadn’t played very much and unless he takes weight training seriously, he won’t excel anywhere. I’m sure he had some skills but he was thin and weak.
        Nope not surprised at all, though I figured he would be leaving after the season, just because of it probably easier to find a new home after the season.

I also won't be surprised with more leaving. If you are not getting any significant playing time now, it not likely to get better in the future (at least I hope).

Comment

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          If at least two more don't leave, I will be surprised.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Well I can't say I listen to many other coaches show, but I did once catch a Roy Williams show. He was taking calls from live fans. In fact a fan called up and started giving Roy FT practice tips. Roy stopped him and asked him where he worked, and then asked him if he would mind if he came to his place of work and critiqe his work.

If they were taking live calls, they would have just addressed it straight up before the calls came in if they didn't want to talk about it. That what they have done in the past on sensitive items that they didn't want to talk about or couldn't talk about (like recruit who had verballed, but the LOI hadn't arrived).

They disrespected the fans tonight by not even addressing at all. It was Marshall giving the middle finger to the fans by ignoring the subject.

You are overreacting and forgetting past coaches show criticism of callers questions from Aron, etc. that most on here considered a waste of listeners time and asking for Mike to be asking the questions. It’s tough to have it both ways.

Weren’t you one of our coaches critics even when we were winning? Now that we are having a tough year critics may find a couple of additional critical voices. Personally, I’m fine with the coaches show.

Comment

Maybe Coach didn't mention it because Chance was out of his mind, Gregg probably knew he was transferring a week before us, so it probably didn't even cross his mind.

But what do I know, I am just a Walmart T-shirt keyboard coach.

Comment

Most coach's shows are the same version of essentially a pep rally trying to pump up the fan base. I've stopped listening to any as you get no real information aside from the usual "we have things to work on" and "guys need to step up".

Comment

Well, it should have been addressed, even if it was just. "playing time", "wish him the best wherever" kinda coachspeak

Comment

like artvandalay, i quit listening a few years ago because it was so scripted and we heard what either coach, mike, or the university wanted us to hear. on a slightly different topic, but in the same realm, i'm a bit concerned when i hear someone has the job title of "strategic communications".. i can't remember who it is, but my immediate thought is "sunshine pumper" and my bull$hit meter goes through the roof. anyone else have those feelings?

Comment

I prefer the coaches show in its current format. The vast majority of the callers could barely string a sentence together let alone ask an interesting question. When I tune in it’s to hear coach talk not Ron, Ron, Dennis, Michael.

I do enjoy Michael, Dennis and the Ron’s on the locker room show. They’re all interesting characters who have some good stuff to say.

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Michael lost Max... he was a good pooch. RIP Max!

P.S. My wife and I laugh our asses off listening to the locker room show... win or lose, it's highly entertaining and must listen too radio when Michael's on his third glass of wine.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EBVUqfN1ahGeY/giphy.gif
                    Last edited by WstateU; December 18, 2018, 10:21 AM.

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  I prefer the coaches show in its current format. The vast majority of the callers could barely string a sentence together let alone ask an interesting question. When I tune in it’s to hear coach talk not Ron, Ron, Dennis, Michael.

I do enjoy Michael, Dennis and the Ron’s on the locker room show. They’re all interesting characters who have some good stuff to say.
                  Dennis is a ICT sports talk legend

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dennis is the one I'd like to kick in the grapes once in awhile.

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                  Most coach's shows are the same version of essentially a pep rally trying to pump up the fan base. I've stopped listening to any as you get no real information aside from the usual "we have things to work on" and "guys need to step up".
                  Agreed. I get more info from the pre-game questions/comments than the coaches show; but, I understand it's purpose. And it's not to question the team's FT abilities...

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

Dennis is a ICT sports talk legend

He sits about 15 rows in front of me. We get there shortly after 6. He is ALWAYS there ahead of us. I always speak to him.

Comment

REMINDER: COACHES SHOW TONIGHT (01/07/19) at 6:00pm

The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Dec. 10th. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KFH (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022).

Comment

• molly jabali
                      molly jabali commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll be interested to see if Coach thanks people for their advice!!!:)

I wonder if he’ll miss the first segment again.

Id say likely.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think you should call in and offer your opinions to all the coaches.

• ShockerFever
                      ShockerFever commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Can’t call in anymore.

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just call ADDB.
                  Working...
                  X