No announcement yet.

2018-19 Coaches Show with Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke almost entirely about the Memphis game, very little about Tulsa. That loss had much the same affect on him as it did on Shockernet.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• He did speak to how far Memphis sagged off of Ricky and Jamarius. Obviously that is a major concern.

"When a national TV announcer says you're a bad shooter"......not good.
      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Burton is .231 on the season. I think he missed several early in the season. I’d be ok with him letting a few fly to keep the defense honest. Stevenson is .281 and has no fear. SHJ shoots .308...probably .600 on good shots.

Ricky...not so much .071 that is Lomaxesque.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• What’s so weird is RT went 71-164 last season from 3. That’s 43.3%

How do you drop off that much? Is this the worst case of the yips in history?
          The Assman

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Jobu needs to visit Ricky...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1f/d7...4f13973198.jpg

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed, BOBB -- and don't forget the Steve Blass variation. He wasn't just a hot prospect like Ankiel; he was a proven frontline pitcher.

Reportedly Torres can shoot in practice, so it isn't just a case of his being guarded by bigger guys in games -- let's hope that he can somehow translate his practice shooting to actual competition. He's the best passer WSU has, and if he could be even a somewhat credible scoring threat himself, he'd be just that much better.

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed, BOBB -- and don't forget the Steve Blass variation. He wasn't just a hot prospect like Ankiel; he was a proven frontline pitcher. Reportedly Torres can shoot in practice, so it isn't just a case of his being guarded by bigger guys in games -- let's hope that he can somehow translate his practice shooting to actual competition. He's the best passer WSU has, and if he could be even a somewhat credible scoring threat himself, he'd be just that much better.

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          What’s so weird is RT went 71-164 last season from 3. That’s 43.3%

BOBB, have you read Ankiel's book?Fascinating account of his journey through all that...athletes who 'forget' how to play is an incredible story.

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            I may give it a try

See "Steve Sax Syndrome"... poor guy was a second baseman for the Dodgers and couldn't throw to first base; pretty much ended his career. It was painful watching him attempt to make a throw. I played a lot of baseball in my day (played with George Bush Senior :)) and moved from shortstop to second base and experienced the same syndrome... sometimes you never get over it. I'm also a decent golfer (played with Ben Hogan :)) and have had the "shanks" (shh, we're not supposed to mention them). I even designed a 'shankless' golf club, but never got it to market. I named it "Shanksalot!" Too bad the Innovation Campus wasn't around in my day. :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

See "Steve Sax Syndrome"... poor guy was a second baseman for the Dodgers and couldn't throw to first base; pretty much ended his career. It was painful watching him attempt to make a throw. I played a lot of baseball in my day (played with George Bush Senior :)) and moved from shortstop to second base and experienced the same syndrome... sometimes you never get over it. I'm also a decent golfer (played with Ben Hogan :)) and have had the "shanks" (shh, we're not supposed to mention them). I even designed a 'shankless' golf club, but never got it to market. I named it "Shanksalot!" Too bad the Innovation Campus wasn't around in my day. :)
          Name-droppin' like an OG. Are you by any chance related to this man?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, related, but he gets more 'poontang'...

Did you also sail with Christopher Columbus? Jeez. :D

Comment

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            No, but the reason he goes by WstateU is to conceal his real name, which is Forrest Gump.

“So I went to the White House; ‘AGAIN’.... and I met the President of The United States; ‘AGAIN’....”

Last edited by Shock Top; February 26, 2019, 12:55 PM.
          The Assman

Comment

• WstateU I saw you in the reprint of The Last Supper picture didn’t I?

Comment

• 3G also said Poor Bear was terrible against Memphis or words very similar to that phrase.

Comment

• #217.4

Aargh commented
              2 hours ago

I knew a guy who invented a set of wheels for motorcycles that deployed below 5 mph to prevent the bike from falling over. He tried, unsuccessfully, to market the idea to Harley-Davidson. I felt he could have predicted that a set of training wheels on a Harley wasn't going to be a solid marketing strategy."

most of his other stuff sold petty damn well though

Comment

RT can't seem to hit any shots behind the 3-point line, but inside the 3-point line, he doesn't seem to have any problems. Maybe he should try this in practice (well, maybe not in practice, coach might not like it) and on days off. He should shoot 3's further behind the 3-point line (like 5 feet behind). Then during the game when he should be shooting the normal range 3, it will feel like he's shooting a mid-range jumper.

Basically, he needs to train his body to take the longer shot. Then the shorter shot (the normal 3) should be easier to come by.

Comment

• Not a newsflash...but yeah he is a God awful 3 point shooter. Like really bad. So weird to see since (like others have said) his Juco % was good. Lol. Sorry to say (because he's a Shocker now)...but I don't know if he's gonna be here next year. Unless of course he can correct that caveat of his game...like quickly.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    RT also is one of only two juniors. We will be able to have at least 2-3 signees next year and balance out the classes better. Right now, our Freshman class has 7 in their class.

• Dan
                    Dan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are good points, and the only thing saving Ricky is that we're thin on proven point guards going into next year. I assure you that he's gonna have marching orders to find that 3 point stroke in the offseason or his role will be even smaller if either of the incoming guards are ready to play.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Someone took Jobu's rum; hope it wasn't RT.

"Pedro Cerran: Is very bad to steal Jobu’s rum. Is very bad."

• Does anyone have a link to this week's coach's show? I can normally find it online, but this week is proving impossible. The KNSS (or radio.com) web page is comically horrible.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                X