WSU vs Catawba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Erik also had 2 blocks. By the way, did you forget that you placed the same exact post about 45 minutes prior to this one?
    Lol, my apologies people. WiFi was crappy.

Comment

• Can we all agree that this team wont look like this come January?
      Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        This team probably won't look like this come Saturday.

• Geez, lighten up, Francises

Some of y'all are like the lady in front of me at the game who started shaking her head at 0-2, and didn't stop all (EXHIBITION) game. It's a long season and all talent takes time, practice, and familiarity to hit a stride. Speaking of strides, I counted at least 4 occasions where our younglings started popping before a ref (mostly the one dude) called a breathed too hard foul and cold stopped our momentum. Going from a couple buckets and stops in a row to watching an opponent shoot 'throws can get even an experienced team out of whack. (Remember having the OU Tre Young's on their heels in the last 5 minutes of that one before the whistles shut us down?) If you're crying that the NIT is better than you are expecting this season, keep that bad JuJu away from the Roundhouse plz.
      I saw plenty of oof moments too, but also plenty to praise. Gregg has the tools he needs, and the acumen to get it right. Also, we aren't the only team with holes to fill, and JB seems to be a very early answer to plug in some production, but he too will have an off half or (gasp) bad game.
      Last year's team spoiled us as everyone returned, but also didn't improve much as other teams passed us by (Houston anyone)

My eyes saw:
      ES all around dude ala Baker
      PBC athletic skills for days (Shaq quit fouling he will too)
      JB see every person aboces post
      DD has the right set, swag, fouls slowed his roll
      MU moves and strong Carl Hall 2.0 in the making
      SHJ maybe not doing it like you want, but doing what he does with twice last seasons confidence.
      MM yeah me too, but in Duff I still trust and when he sees he can just be a cog and not the whole engine, he shall return.
      RB got it done down low from my angle
      AM let the kid find it, he'll be there before we realize
      Etc...etc...etc...

IllIget off this soap box now, but c'mon guys, stay positive, watch the shox steal a few wins in noncon, and get ready to watch us gel during conference play and take these youngins dancing NCAA style

In Gregg Marshall I Trust

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome post. This thread is full of over reactions or expectations for guys like AM out silly.

This exhibition game is a dress rehearsal at best. In fact, Some of our best teams have looked pretty terrible in the past.

You are looking for skills and ability which can translate against real teams. I saw enough of them to realize we have plenty of dudes to figure it out.

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        Your eyes saw a lot more than that. Perhaps your brain only processes positive images.

• Is it crazy to think that Burton should be our starting PG? As much as we need SHJ scoring, he just doesn’t create at all. It reminded me of the experiment of playing Conner at point. Makes sense on paper but just doesn’t make the team go.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
        Shocktoberfest commented
        Editing a comment
        Not crazy at all. Dude just needs to be on the court.

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought he was one of our best guards at Shocker Madness and last night was the same. I think he's going to be such a crucial piece this year so definitely not crazy to think that.

• I already commented that ES looked "Bakerish". He already knows the game, plays hard D, rebounds and
      has good court awareness. I have NO doubt he will be a very good offensive player, as well, and soon. He
      was not a surprise to me but JB was. Plays hard, quicker than I thought he would be and tough. Those
      were the two bright spots. Generally, I thought our ball movement was poor, rebounding sub par, perimeter
      shooting poor, and press unproductive. All these areas have to improve significantly. All four centers are
      going to play simply because they are all foul prone. 5-6 others will play the other four positions. In my
      mind those top six, in order, are SMJ, ES, JB, MM, RB, and ?????? If TA is eligible it will be him, if not, then DD
      hopefully evolves soon. Would like to see CM and Tusse RS. I know it's early but RT was -11 in his fifteen
      minutes. He did start which means GM has seen something in him and SMJ could self destruct against good
      competition.

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        If we are going to make "Bakerish" comparisons, I thought Burton had a lot of similarities.

• Sometimes scoring will be difficult for this years team, especially early in the OOC games. I hope that we get better and the good news is that we do have some talent on this team.

Comment

• This season will test our spoiled selves.

Markis and Samajae looked like last years versions. Neither makes the players around them better. That's a concern but they're going to log a lot of minutes.
        Really happy and surprised with Jamarius.
        I have to believe that if the coaching staff saw enough in practice and the scrimmage to start Dexter and Ricky we should expect more out of them sooner than later.
        Not sure what people expected out of Asbjorn. To me, none of the 4 big guys stood out. He's a sophomore with minimal playing time under his belt. He should be accorded the same patience as the newcomers. Playing against a team with 6-5, 6-6 posts doesn't provide much indication about how they will perform against bigger teams. I think all 4 will be situational players.
        Help defense was atrocious. I got the feeling that everyone was so concentrated on their man that rotating and helping got forgotten.
        Lastly, I hope Gregg's little outburst was for show. If he's going to go ballistic in an exhibition game he may explode when the games really matter.

Great improvement will occur. It won't be fast enough for most, but it will happen.
        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          I expected exactly what I saw out of AM. At this point he does not have the tools to play D1 basketball. I seriously doubt he ever will.

• Shocktoberfest
          Shocktoberfest commented
          Editing a comment
          Our front court will almost certainly be our most glaring problem. If Poor Bear can hit a mid range shot like he did last night he has to play. Dude moves well and hopefully can D up and clean the glass some. Terribly small sample size, but of all the bigs I felt the most confident in him at the offensive end. What a crazy year this could be. We have been spoiled for a long time now.

• Game Production

How is it possible that the scoreboard either doesn't work or WSU doesn't have someone that knows how to operate it? Why wouldn't they work that out like last week.

The pregame player introduction video is beyond atrocious. Music bad and no reference to tradition and past accomplishments. Is this WSU's first year having basketball?
        The only excuse for this piece of trash is if GM requested there be no reference to past accomplishments so this group would be hungrier to make their own.

Comment

• A deep run in the NIT would help this team a lot. I don't see it at this point, though.

Comment

• Have to defend AM. Who in their right mind expected double digit scoring and rebounding ????
            It's obvious to me that the center position will require all four playing around ten minutes a game
            and NONE are going to stand out this year. AM played ten and was 2-3 with two boards but banged
            at least three out to team mates. I also thought he was pretty intimidating around the rim on D. I'd give
            him a B- for his first game. All of our centers need to improve and I expect they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              Game Production

How is it possible that the scoreboard either doesn't work or WSU doesn't have someone that knows how to operate it? Why wouldn't they work that out like last week.

The pregame player introduction video is beyond atrocious. Music bad and no reference to tradition and past accomplishments. Is this WSU's first year having basketball?
              The only excuse for this piece of trash is if GM requested there be no reference to past accomplishments so this group would be hungrier to make their own.
              I can excuse the video because well .. this team hasn't accomplished anything. We aren't in the Valley and are starting fresh. So I'm ok with the video part, but the sound??? That was horrible, it was muddled and no bass and you couldn't understand anything. It is supposed to pump the crowd up but did the opposite.

Also thought this exchange on twitter about it was pretty bad. Not a good look by Boatright IMO on this...

Comment

• The folks on here writing off Dexter Dennis alrerady make me lol.

Seems to me that Udeze and Chandler may be our best centers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                The folks on here writing off Dexter Dennis alrerady make me lol.

Seems to me that Udeze and Chandler may be our best centers.
                I don't know what to make of any of our centers .. We rarely fed them the ball when they got position. They need to work on their help defense, but they challenged pretty well. We have the size down there, now just need to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I can excuse the video because well .. this team hasn't accomplished anything. We aren't in the Valley and are starting fresh. So I'm ok with the video part, but the sound??? That was horrible, it was muddled and no bass and you couldn't understand anything. It is supposed to pump the crowd up but did the opposite.

Also thought this exchange on twitter about it was pretty bad. Not a good look by Boatright IMO on this...

Wow.

Are you ****ing kidding me?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Boatright calling someone out on Twitter for being unprofessional, how ironic.

Comment

Working...
                    X