Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stutz - Superman?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stutz - Superman?

    Since the recruitment of Garrett is over, I assume it is OK to start a thread about him in this module.

    Tonight on the Coach Marshall Show, Coach Marshall again talked in most glowing terms about Garrett. Among many accolades, he said, "I wish we had him this year."

    I am accustom to coaches not over promising. Coach's comments are so gushing, I am wondering why he was not signed by Florida, Duke, UConn, KU, UCLA....or Texas A&M. (Disregard the last school. I threw that in just to get a rise out of somebody.)

    Seven footers don't get overlooked.

    If, indeed, he is an accomplished high school player with high college potential, how in the hell were we able to sign him to a letter of intent?

    Just wondering.

    Are we going to have twin towers running the floor next year?

    Just wondering #2.

  • #2
    Re: Stutz - Superman?

    Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
    Since the recruitment of Garrett is over, I assume it is OK to start a thread about him in this module.

    Tonight on the Coach Marshall Show, Coach Marshall again talked in most glowing terms about Garrett. Among many accolades, he said, "I wish we had him this year."

    I am accustom to coaches not over promising. Coach's comments are so gushing, I am wondering why he was not signed by Florida, Duke, UConn, KU, UCLA....or Texas A&M. (Disregard the last school. I threw that in just to get a rise out of somebody.)

    Seven footers don't get overlooked.

    If, indeed, he is an accomplished high school player with high college potential, how in the hell were we able to sign him to a letter of intent?

    Just wondering.

    Are we going to have twin towers running the floor next year?

    Just wondering #2.
    it's something i've been wondering about alot too.
    veni, vidi, vici

    Comment


    • #3
      a certain 11 year old kid who happens to be the coach's son, that's why

      Comment


      • #4
        My understanding is that Garrett grew 5 inches since last year and emerged this summer. He didn't exactly get overlooked, seeing as how Kentucky was right there but withholding a scholarship offer pending the decision of another recruit. A couple of local BCS teams (KSU, NU) offerred but Garrett eliminated them.

        Comment


        • #5
          I know Stutz was playing for a small private school last year.

          I don't believe he played summer AAU ball between his So and Jr seasons..

          I believe he was 6'7" in all the "official" listings as a HS Jr.

          That will get a player overlooked.

          When Stutz showed up in some games last summer, he was 6'11" and his recruiting went nutso.

          If you're looking for a reason why Kentucky recruited Stutz, but was waiting for another player to make a decision before offering, let me put it this way - from eyewitness reports from WSU fans who watched Stutz.

          If Orupke shows up, he will be running the floor with the guards in transition (or so "they" say). Stutz will likely have the assignment to trail the play down the court and be the person responsible for defending against a TO or a missed shot.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

          Comment


          • #6
            If you're looking for a reason why Kentucky recruited Stutz, but was waiting for another player to make a decision before offering, let me put it this way - from eyewitness reports from WSU fans who watched Stutz.
            I don't follow this sentence. What does it mean?

            Comment


            • #7
              Keep in mind that one of Garrett's criteria was to be close to home. That could have eliminated a lot of high majors right there. The three schools that he visited that were farthest from home were SMU, Marquette, and Kentucky. The vast majority schools were in states bordering Kansas or Missouri.

              That limits the pool quite a bit. Additionally, the under the radar factors concerning his growth are also valid.

              Not saying he was an overlooked 5-star burger boy... He is definitely a kid with lots of upside and growth potential (talent).

              Marshall's kid sealed the deal...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

              Comment


              • #8
                All i know is I meet him and his family at the UMKC game. Hes a great kid with very nice parents and siblings. He wants to study accounting and has a brother who is quite the Bball player in his own right. He needs a little weight but time will provide that.

                osterwu: 8) 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ricky, the rest of what you were looking for in my post was in the last paragraph. There were reports from some WSU fans who watched Stutz play that mobility was not among his strengths. I was trying to be polite and give him the role of "trailer" in a transition game.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Aargh
                    Ricky, the rest of what you were looking for in my post was in the last paragraph. There were reports from some WSU fans who watched Stutz play that mobility was not among his strengths. I was trying to be polite and give him the role of "trailer" in a transition game.
                    Oh, ok. Gotcha.

                    Thanks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Aargh, is it your intent to make it sound like Stutz is so slow that by the time he makes it down to the offensive end of the court, the play will be coming back to the defensive end?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What a treat for a future Shocker to witness. Reply #11 and that is what I like to see.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I bet you after Garrett saw this kind of atmosphere, he is pretty pumped. Nice guy, he saw me before the game in the student section, and he remember meeting me in KC, and he came over shook my hand.
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by newshock1234
                            I bet you after Garrett saw this kind of atmosphere, he is pretty pumped. Nice guy, he saw me before the game in the student section, and he remember meeting me in KC, and he came over shook my hand.
                            Did you ask him what his 40 time is?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Was Stutz 'in the game' i.e. waving his arms, jumping up and down etc.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X