Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by electricmayhem
    Originally posted by MadDog
    EM, nice interview. Wish you would have asked him about conference realignment /expansion.
    In hindsight, I wish I had as well...

He has been great with me, so I might give it some time and then bounce that off of him...

The Bear Nation board is having some fighting within regarding his comment about the Shox being the best team in the league for most of the season last year. Interesting comments...
    Its the typical little man syndrome. I bet they drive big trucks too.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If you guys want to check out their board. Its nice to see they actually have quite a few fans with their heads on straight over there.

Too bad the select few that are morons run their site.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_
        http://www.bear-nation.com/forum/index.php?threads/missouri-valley-examiner-interview-with-doug-elgin.9968/

If you guys want to check out their board. Its nice to see they actually have quite a few fans with their heads on straight over there.

It looks like they took the thread down... I wonder what happened...
        Visit the site with the most in-depth coverage of the Missouri Valley -- http://www.examiner.com/missouri-val...al/joseph-book

Follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/mvcexaminerjoe

Comment

Here's what we've learned about MSU this summer. MSU signs basketball recruits who don't know what conference MSU is in. MSU fans then believe that basketball player when he tweets that he will be playing in the wrong conference.

Then, believing that MSU was changing conferences based on the tweet of a recruit who didn't know what conference MSU was in, MSU fans came up with a plethora of reasons why they're superior to the MVC and belong in a better conference.

For at least part of this summer, they were worse than WSU fans.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
            Here's what we've learned about MSU this summer. MSU signs basketball recruits who don't know what conference MSU is in. MSU fans then believe that basketball player when he tweets that he will be playing in the wrong conference.

Then, believing that MSU was changing conferences based on the tweet of a recruit who didn't know what conference MSU was in, MSU fans came up with a plethora of reasons why they're superior to the MVC and belong in a better conference.

Dont forget MSU fan believes if MSU broke out into a new conference of their own, all notable basketball schools in this great land would die to align themselves with these hillbillies 8) :posterwu:
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

http://www.bear-nation.com/forum/index.php?threads/missouri-valley-examiner-interview-with-doug-elgin.9968/

I'd imagine the tools that run that site, disliked that a majority of their fanbase agreed with Elgin, so like the fascists they are, they just deleted the thread.

Comment

I'd imagine the tools that run that site, disliked that a majority of their fanbase agreed with Elgin, so like the fascists they are, they just deleted the thread.
                Damn, I missed it.

If true, that would be very Bradleyfans/tornado-ish. Very pathetic.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That was a pretty classic description.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Lol, keep guessing man.
                    MSUBearNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by MSUBear42

Lol, keep guessing man.
                      We give up, set us straight and tell us what's really going on.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I read the thread before it was removed and far more people than MSUBear42 would like to admit agreed with Elgin. This upset their applecart or violated some posting regulations that states that if we don't like the direction in which a thread is headed we'll remove it, so they removed the thread.

Comment

That thread had a lot of lightning rod potential. The two sides were firmly entrenched and they weren't giving an inch in their opinions. It could have gotten a bit ugly. It was maybe best to remove it, and not necessarily because agreement with Elgin got censored.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Maybe, but when I looked at the thread it had 30 something posts and while there was some disagreement it wasn't all that bad. Nothing like "you suck" "no you do" "no your mother does", whatever. I've been in several discussions here that were a lot more heated and at most we've had a mod tell us to tune it down a bit. There the thread just goes Poof?

Well it's their board and they can live in whatever make believe world they want to.

Comment

That thread had a lot of lightning rod potential. The two sides were firmly entrenched and they weren't giving an inch in their opinions. It could have gotten a bit ugly. It was maybe best to remove it, and not necessarily because agreement with Elgin got censored.
                              In the span of about 2 minutes there were 4 personal attacks from both sides, it was best to just remove it.
                              MSUBearNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by MSUBear42
                                In the span of about 2 minutes there were 4 personal attacks from both sides, it was best to just remove it.
                                Sure thing Gestapo George.

Comment

Working...
                                X