2018-19 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post
    Tulsa looked really good in the first half against Memphis. The next one won't be easy, but tonight was a good start.
    True. But Tulsa is 1-5 on the road. So glad this one is in Wichita.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      I just wanna take this moment to make sure that all of shockernet is aware that BAYLOR is in 1st place in the Big 12 midway through the conference schedule.

yes that is the same Baylor team we beat this year...don’t argue with me just let me have this :)
      And Providence beat Texas at Texas.

Comment

• Comment

• Dave Stalwart
          Dave Stalwart commented
          Editing a comment
          I just wanna know if anyone who calls it a good atmosphere has ever actually been there for a game. I assume those comments are 100% based on attendance via a stat sheet.

Because anyone who has gone to a game there knows why we call it the “Omaha Public Library,” the “Quiet Center (when it was the Quest Center), etc...

The atmosphere is dead and quiet and frankly sucks when you are used to the atmosphere at a place like CKA

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
        Just want to chime in that KU folks are now getting a little worried about their future at this point because next year's recruiting class is looking a little anemic. KU's problems mirror WSU's at least to some degree. Over on Phog Net there actually seems to be some resignation seeping in that the streak is over and that the near term future is not looking nearly as bright as it appeared 6 months ago. Don't know if the Shocker faithful will draw some solace from this but the two programs seem to be on a parallel course...
        KU fans may be worried about the streak, but dont forget the Big 12 is also the most overrated conference in the country. They will find a way for KU to win it again. And get 8 teams in the tourney while doing it
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

KU fans may be worried about the streak, but dont forget the Big 12 is also the most overrated conference in the country. They will find a way for KU to win it again. And get 8 teams in the tourney while doing it
          ...and half those teams will lose in the first round to lower seeded teams in "stunning upsets." The remaining teams won't make it out of the second weekend, in "heartbreaking fashion" in more "stunning upsets."

It really is unfathomable to me how overrated the Big 12 is.

Kind of like on the opposite end of the spectrum, few really acknowledge just how comparatively bad the Pac 12 is. If the Pac 12 is a "P5" in basketball, the AAC sure the hell should be too.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Differentiating between quality and quantity still a problem up in Omaha, it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

KU is appealing to the NCAA to help them maintain the streak. Finally, two weeks ago, they "self-reported" that disallowed inducements were used in the recruitment of DeSousa and declared him ineligible. Then they immediately appealed to the NCAA to reverse their declaration of his ineligibility. From the Eagle:

De Sousa, a 6-foot-9 native of Angola, was declared ineligible by KU two weeks ago, according to sources. The university formally acknowledged to the NCAA that a violation took place involving De Sousa and submitted a request to the NCAA for reinstatement.
              Here's the whole article, which stresses how frustrating it is for an illegally recruited player to have to wait for the NCAA to reinstate him.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...225321445.html
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                Shocker Mama commented
                Editing a comment
                How awful for them. Maybe we could take them some casseroles and angel food cake.

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

KU is appealing to the NCAA to help them maintain the streak. Finally, two weeks ago, they "self-reported" that disallowed inducements were used in the recruitment of DeSousa and declared him ineligible. Then they immediately appealed to the NCAA to reverse their declaration of his ineligibility. From the Eagle:

Here's the whole article, which stresses how frustrating it is for an illegally recruited player to have to wait for the NCAA to reinstate him.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...225321445.html
              The story left out about 6 million 'uhs' which to me Bill uses when he is scrambling to cover himself or his team

Comment

• So what happened to the allegation that he had signed a pro contract at some point.

Comment

• N Crestway
                N Crestway commented
                Editing a comment
                What was the source on that allegation?

• 01/30/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
              Providence (13-8, 3-5 Big East) Lost at Seton Hall (13-8, 4-5 Big East) 63 to 65

Conference
              Memphis (13-8, 5-3 American Athletic) Lost at Tulsa (13-9, 3-6 American Athletic) 79 to 95

Comment

• UConn at UCF has been ugly in the last 10 minutes of the 1st half. Three technicals have been called, including one on each coach.

Comment

• I think I just heard a Celine Dion song playing out of the timeout at UCF. I guess I don't get Floridians.

Comment

• Watching UCONN UCF. Newsflash... the zebras suck. Horrible goal tending call on a blocked shot at crunch time. Anyway. Just sharing.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                      RoyalShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And there was a phantom foul call not long before that. Both calls went against the home team.

• 01/31/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
                    Southern Miss (10-8, 5-5 Conference USA) Won at FIU (9-9, 4-5 Conference USA) 89 to 73
                    Louisiana (11-8, 4-4 Sun Belt) Lost at Appalachian State (4-14, 2-6 Sun Belt) 77 to 104
                    Rice (7-13, 4-5 Conference USA) Won at Charlotte (5-16, 2-8 Conference USA) 63 to 60
                    Louisiana Tech (13-8, 5-5 Conference USA) Lost at FAU (10-9, 4-5 Conference USA) 51 to 61
                    Murray State (14-3, 7-1 Ohio Valley) Lost at Jacksonville State (13-6, 7-1 Ohio Valley) 68 to 88
                    South Dakota State (17-6, 8-1 Summit League) Won at Oral Roberts (6-16, 4-5 Summit League) 86 to 80

Conference
                    Tulane (4-16, 0-8 American Athletic) Lost at East Carolina (9-11, 2-6 American Athletic) 65 to 66
                    Temple (15-6, 5-3 American Athletic) Lost at #13 Houston (21-1, 8-1 American Athletic) 66 to 73
                    Connecticut (12-8, 3-4 American Athletic) Lost at UCF (15-4, 5-2 American Athletic) 67 to 73

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I think I just heard a Celine Dion song playing out of the timeout at UCF. I guess I don't get Floridians.
                      Yes, Royal!!!!! I looked at my wife and said "WHO PLAYS TITANIC SOUNDTRACK MUSIC AT A GAME????"

Comment

• RoyalShock
                        RoyalShock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That was my thought exactly! How does that excite a crowd? It's why I don't get Floridians.

And why I won't complain as loudly when canned music is playing instead of the band. It could always be worse.
                    Working...
                    X