Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough AAC day

Comment

Some serious drama in this ECU-Lamar game. ECU gets a tip-in with 2 seconds left to send it to OT!

Comment

Kaelen Malone having a solid game for ORU against TCU. 8 points and 4 assists. Just had threw a nice oop to somebody.

Comment

ECU escapes with a 6 point win in OT. UConn handling UMKC pretty easily at the start of the 2nd half

Comment

I believe freshman Jayden Gardner had 29 points for ECU. 6'6 forward, crafty around the rim. Seth LeDay, junior transfer from Virginia Tech, also had a good game. You can already tell they're playing tougher and smarter under Dooley then they did under Lebo.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              The American is going to be bad this year. Really bad.
              Its going to be exacerbated by how good the middle of the conference is-good enough to beat the top teams and bad enough to lose to the bottom teams. This is going to be interesting.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Tulane loses 80-69 at home against #17 Florida St. Tulane got 24pts and 7reb from Zhang, one of their freshmen playing in his first career game, so that's a pretty positive takeaway from a non-con loss to a top 25 team. Overall not a good showing by the American in the first week.

USF hosts Austin Peay tomorrow and then there are a couple of bigger matchups on Tuesday with Memphis @ #23 LSU and Georgia @ Temple

Comment

I just realized that the Southern Miss team that beat SMU by 10 at SMU is the team we were unhappy to see in IBA because we thought the IBA game should have been a better opponent.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
                    UCONN_Husky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I picked SMU to finish 9th in the AAC. Southern Miss can beat SMU and still be bad.

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe because: Who wants to see S. Miss beat the Shocks at IBA or, for that matter, the Shocks beat S. Miss at IBA. That being said, I have my tickets.

As a note, I wonder who scheduled S. Miss at "home" first? WSU on Saturday, Dec. 15, or K St on the 19th?

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I just realized that the Southern Miss team that beat SMU by 10 at SMU is the team we were unhappy to see in IBA because we thought the IBA game should have been a better opponent.
                  You've set the bar pretty low.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

KU struggling with Vermont at home. I'm sure they refs will make sure they pull it out though

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                      TheShocktocles commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I always enjoy looking at the opposing coach face when they realize that they are being cheated in alien field house. They just flat out cheat teams when they play ku in lawerence. Villanova is going to find that out when they go to lawerence this year.

South Florida won at home in OT against Austin Peay 74-70 in the lone AAC game tonight.

Comment

America East pushing the overrated cheaters at home. As stickboy stated, the officiating will magically turn the way of the Chickens in the second half.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Don’t think KU needs any help with how Vick is shooting.

Comment

There is no way in hell that K-State is a Top 15 team. Might not even be Top 40.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            There is no way in hell that K-State is a Top 15 team. Might not even be Top 40.
                            I would agree with this statement. But I would argue that NO TEAM should be ranked until 5 or 6 games have been played and a body of work is presented to voters. Look for teams who travel early in the season or who travel for much of their non-conference. Those winners should fare well come late season.

The early voting is always skewed towards big name schools (who traditionally play an almost exclusive home non conference schedule........oh and any school that went on a run in the tourney last year that rhymes with Crayola or K-State. There's more parity in basketball than there ever has been thanks to Steph Curry.

I'm just sayin', on any given night.......anyone. Just ask Virginia.....or Louisiana Tech. :poster_wsu:

Comment

• shockrah
                              shockrah commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Wouldn't a rhyme be something like Grey Slate? :)
                          Working...
                          X