X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like those white outfits.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
      According to KenPom data, we have a 29% of winning the Cancun Challenge.
      I'll take that bet any day.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        Poor Asbjorn. Apparently they didn’t have any of the Hale-Bopp jumpsuits that fit him.
        Livin the dream

Comment

An unranked (and possibly undefeated) team is about to come out of Cancun with some buzz - ESPN

By John Gasaway, ESPN Insider
          Posted 11/25/19, 10:00pm cst
          ​​​​​​
          Michigan State's offense continued to sputter against Virginia Tech, sending the No. 3 Spartans to their second loss of the young season.

"The Cancun Challenge bracket pits Wichita State against South Carolina and Northern Iowa against West Virginia in action starting Tuesday. These four enter the event showing a combined record of 19-1, with WSU, the Panthers and the Mountaineers all being undefeated.

Of the 19 victories recorded by the field, the most impressive of the bunch is perhaps the 15-point win West Virginia posted in a true road game at Pitt. Bob Huggins' team missed the NCAA tournament in March for the first time since 2014, but the Mountaineers have shown signs of improvement in their first four games. Derek Culver and Oscar Tshiebwe form the backbone of what could be an excellent interior defense, and Jermaine Haley has given hints that his 28-point eruption against Iowa State late last season might have been a sign of things to come.

Then again, perhaps it will be Wichita State's shot volume (the Shockers take excellent care of the ball), Northern Iowa's shooting (Austin Phyfe is hitting 70% of his 2s) or South Carolina's second chances (Frank Martin's men really crash the offensive glass) that prove unstoppable in Cancun. Whichever team emerges victorious, it appears likely that the group in question will be sporting an impressive record and receiving newfound and deserved attention."

Comment

don’t drink the room or bar alcohol boys

Comment

Anybody else hoping we and Wichita win today? I'd love the opportunity to beat the most delusional fanbase in sports again. Let's get this one first though boys.

Posted on UNI's message board....humorous!

Comment

Odds to win Cancun Challenge

West Virginia - 42%
                Wichita State - 29%
                South Carolina - 18%
                Northern Iowa - 11%

Comment

nm
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Poor Asbjorn. Apparently they didn’t have any of the Hale-Bopp jumpsuits that fit him.
                    Or he's wondering why everyone is wearing long sleeves in 85+ degree temperatures?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What percent do the other teams have?
                      60% of the time they win every time.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                        Anybody else hoping we and Wichita win today? I'd love the opportunity to beat the most delusional fanbase in sports again. Let's get this one first though boys.

Weird post. I just want to see the Shocks win the first one, and then whoever they play, I hope they can play well in the second one and squeak out a win. There's no horse, no cart, no apple. Only a train. Let's hope this train keeps a rollin.

Comment

Meh, let them have their fun. The potential matchup with us would be their super bowl and a crescendo to their season.

Comment

Hmmm .. i thought the most delusional fanbase would be the one that constantly talks about still being alive for an at large while having a .500 record in the Valley ....

Comment

As much as i'd love to see another beatdown of UNI, it woudln't be any type of resume builder. Would much rather see West Virginia in the next round.
                              Yup, UNI MIGHT squeak in under top 100 NET this year. So at best a low end Q2 game. So it's a game with zero positives for WSU since it would be their biggest game of the year, that they would no doubt play above their level for only to start falling apart in January like always.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Hmmm .. i thought the most delusional fanbase would be the one that constantly talks about still being alive for an at large while having a .500 record in the Valley ....
                                Oh another post on the same thread talks about these being 2 must wins to build a good at large case. Comedy at it's best!

Comment

Working...
                                X