X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Assistant Coach

Give me Steve DeMeo. http://www.nwfraiders.com/sports/mbk...DeMeo?view=bio

2015 Spalding NJCAA Division I National Coach of the Year

Coach Steve DeMeo completed his fifth season as the head coach of the Northwest Florida State College Raiders Men’s Basketball program. In just his second season with the team, Coach DeMeo led the Raiders to win the 2015 National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division I National Champion title and was awarded the 2015 Spalding NJCAA Division I National Coach of the Year. At the 2017 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Final Four tournament, DeMeo received the Red Auerbach Coach of the Year award. In his tenure at NWF State College Coach DeMeo has produced an overall record of 142-22 and coached the Raiders to the first undefeated conference season in program history, going 12-0 in conference play during the 2016-17 season. DeMeo also brought the Raiders a Panhandle Conference Championship four years in a row (2014-18) and three Florida College System Activities Association State Tournament Championships in 2015, 2016, and 2018. Coach DeMeo led the Raiders to two Elite 8 appearances at the 2016 and 2018 NJCAA Tournament and a Final Four appearance in 2017.

Numerous players that Coach DeMeo recruited, coached and developed have been successful in the pros and at the major university level. While at NWF State College he has helped 24 student-athletes earn Division I scholarships and graduate after their sophomore year. Five former players helped lead their Division I teams to the NCAA Tournament in 2015-2016. His players have played at universities including NC State, Cincinnati, Oregon, Kansas State, Wichita State, Florida State and more. Numerous players that he recruited, coached and developed have been drafted by National Basketball Association teams including Charles Jenkins (Golden State Warriors), Ryan Gomes and MarShon Brooks (Boston), Herbert Hill (Utah), and Marcus Douthit (Los Angeles). His recruiting ability, player development, and game preparation earned him the recognition as one of the top-25 assistant coaches in the country by Rivals.com. Coach DeMeo's student-athletes have also proven to be successful in the classroom as well. In 2016 alone, Will Pfister was chosen as the Dr. Dale O'Daniel Panhandle Conference Male Scholar Athlete of the Year. Also, eight of his players received Panhandle Conference All-Academic Team honors and five were selected to the FCSAA All-Academic Team.

He brings with him decades of experience, including seventeen years of coaching at the Division-I level. Teams he has coached have participated in 4 NCAA Tournaments and have made 5 NIT appearances. Among his wealth of experiences, Coach DeMeo has served as head coach at Monroe Junior College (1993-1995), assistant coach at Iona College (1995-1998), assistant and associate head coach at Providence College (1998-2008), assistant coach at University of Central Florida (2008-2009), head coach at Newberry College (2009-2010), and associate head coach at Hofstra University (2010-2013). While at Providence College, all 25 of his student-athletes that reached their senior year graduated with their degree.

Coach DeMeo is a native of Bayside Queens, New York and earned a bachelor’s degree in business from State University of New York at Buffalo.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Mary Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
      Mary Johnson
      Who?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

This Twitter account is usually pretty accurate.

Comment

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't tell if that is a real account .. or parody account lol

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        This Twitter account is usually pretty accurate.
        Love their "Most likable duo" example. LOL

Comment

This makes me really happy

Comment

Finally, a replacement for Forbes ;)
            The Assman

Comment

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              I see what you did there

That twitter account throws everything out there and occasionally something sticks. I wouldn’t count your chickens yet.

Comment

This Twitter feed must really want to find this guy a new job .

Comment

"Dirty" Larry Brown? Dick Ratino? Two coaches that could perhaps help us "sniff out" the slop - after which we'd then be able to avoid it. Essentially we would be doing the exact opposite of whatever advice they offer on the recruiting trail. Both would make lovely in-game assistants though as well as provide something for the color analysts to focus on during our periodic scoring droughts next year...

Clean program, X's and O's, entertainment - Win-Win-Win

T

...:cool:

Comment

New assistant coach, Matt Braeuer!

Comment

But not here. Sorry!

Comment

• Shox21
                    Shox21 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good for Matt. Hope it works out great for him.

Any whispers ?

Comment

“Ooo baby, yeah. Put it...” probably not the type of whispering you are talking about.

Comment

Dwane Casey is available.

Comment

Working...
                      X