McDuffie Enters NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDuffie Enters NBA Draft

Wichita State forward Markis McDuffie entered his name into the NBA draft without signing with an agent, sources told NBC Sports on Tuesday.

Same thing he did last year? I am sure he gets some very good feedback on his strenghts and weaknesses from NBA teams. I would find it hard to think he would be drafted though.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• SweetShocker
      SweetShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Huge mistake. He is not applying common sense to this issue. All he see's is dollar signs. What the NBA see's in him at this point is practically nil.

He's up against a lot of competition that in my mind is better prepared. This will be good for him to learn what he needs to work on next year.

But let's sit back and watch Shockernet go berserk for a couple days now!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
      Same thing he did last year? I am sure he gets some very good feedback on his strenghts and weaknesses from NBA teams. I would find it hard to think he would be drafted though.
      I don't think he can do the same thing he did last year - IIRC you can only do that once.

I suppose there is some feedback he can go out and get, but I can give him that - QUIT SUCKING. IF YOU WANT TO BE NBA PLAYER, PLAY LIKE ONE. Then take the feedback he got last year and actually work on fixing those things.
      Last edited by SB Shock; April 24, 2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Watch him go in the first round in this bizarro off-season.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Walker
          Walker commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL It'd be pretty fitting for this offseason if things shook out that way.

• SweetShocker
          SweetShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          That would not only be bizarre, that would be big time stupid. He is an extremely overrated bust. He has about as much chance as Evan Wessel would.

Somebody might want to tell MM that next year draft looks a lot weaker than this year which seems pretty loaded.

Comment

I figured he would do this but the title still gave me a heart attack.

Comment

here's his evaluation: 1. work on ball handling, 2. work on shooting, 3. work on finishing above the rim (get stronger). Other than that, you are the right size.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I don't think he can do the same thing he did last year - IIRC you can only do that once.

I suppose there is some feedback he can go out and get, but I can give him that - QUIT SUCKING. IF YOU WANT TO BE NBA PLAYER, PLAY LIKE ONE. Then take the feedback he got last year and actually work on fixing those things.
              I think after a rule change in 2016, the NCAA allows college players to declare as many times as they want without losing eligibility (as long as they don't sign with an agent), and I think the NBA CBA allows a college player to withdraw from the draft twice.

So this is a good move for Markis. He can get more feedback (which hopefully includes your exact advice).
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

He couldn't even make our starting line up last season. I will be shocked if he ever plays NBA. Not a
                good enough outside threat, not physical enough, and weak attacking the rim. Has to dramatically
                improve in those areas.

Comment

I'm just going to remind everyone since apparently I'm the only banging this drum: Markis's sophomore season was as good as Cle's junior year offensively with the only difference being usage/taking shots a shade less often. Markis is definitely a better defender when healthy. I expect big things from him this year.

Comment

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There were a few games his sophomore season where his stats would jump off the page and I would think that I didn't remember him being that big a part of the game. That is a testament to how much he just let the offense come to him. This year there were a number of times I remembered him being a big part of the game, and not positively. My money is on him figuring it out. I think he is an NBA player if he works hard, but not this year.

• SweetShocker
                  SweetShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only on Fantasy Island.

Lol at this point I kind of want him to leave for the pure craziness of this offseason. We more than likey will not be going to be the tourney next year with or without him. After next season though, watch out!!

Comment

If would leave, who's going to do one of those Carlos O'Kelly's commercials next year?

Comment

Originally posted by washedup View Post
                    If would leave, who's going to do one of those Carlos O'Kelly's commercials next year?
                    SHJ

Comment

For some reason my first thought was that MM's foot stress fracture #2 is now more of a possibility...

Comment

Working...
                      X