No announcement yet.

McDuffie Enters NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it ever made public if Markis got workouts with any teams? If so, what was the actual feedback? Just curious.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      This might answer part of your question...

"In addition to playing pickup games back home in New Jersey, McDuffie had the opportunity to go through workouts with two NBA teams: the Oklahoma City Thunder and Atlanta Hawks.
      That experience gave McDuffie another taste of what's possibly out there for him after college. But before that, McDuffie is ready to return to WSU on June 4 and begin putting the finishing touches on his legacy with the Shockers.
      "Not only do you get evaluated by NBA teams, but you're going up against NBA guys and you're working out with NBA guys," McDuffie said. "When you're going up against the best players in the country, then that's going to make you better. To be the best, you've got to play against the best.

"I got some great feedback and now I'm ready to go into my senior year, my last year, and I'm ready to go do some special things.""

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
      GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
      Editing a comment
      That's exactly what I was looking for, WstateU. Thanks!

About to have a piece on him on KSN, tune in

Comment

The Go Fast haircut looks good! Wondering why at the end he said he has no regrets playing at Wichita St.??? Wonder if he was answering a question from the reporter or what. Glad to see he's excited to be back!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Very strange interview indeed. Lots of odd, subconscious leakage happening there...

Hopefully/obviously? I don't regret? Strange...

T

...:cool:

Looks like Anthony Mackie, with the new cut.
      The Assman

Comment

Hopefully/Obviously, not just once. What? Tutor needs to address this.

Comment

After contemplating all the athletic killers we have coming into this program next year, not only is McDuffie in danger of not being the leader, he may not even have a seat on the board of directors. He's going to have to show a LOT more toughness if he thinks he's gonna move beyond the role of class clown.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working out and getting feedback from NBA players has got to be a bonus for McDuffie.

At this point in time we can only hope that he can transfer this knowledge and significantly increase his skill levels in all aspects of his game.

Not every player is as fluent as Landry in expressing themselves, but he sounded confident, and a confident MM will be a huge benefit to this extremely young team.

Comment

Baron Davis next to McDuff at :55
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

McDuffie in the 2nd Round, #35 in early mock draft returns. Going to work out with draft hopefuls must have helped him.

Comment

My only concern with McDuffie getting advice on what he needs to work on is that he will make poor decisions on the court to show his improved skills in said area, when he just may not have the skills.

Probably unlikely. But we are gonna need him to do what he does best, draft be damned.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                  X