Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by COS Shocker View Post
    Austin will get a shot at the NBA. Probably a second round draft pick and at a minimum will get a 2 way contract with an opportunity to earn a spot. Personally, I wish him well and hope that he makes it. It is a positive for the program and 3G.

I think a perfect result in a couple of weeks is AR gets his 20, but we win by double digits. I just want to see him score 30 against the Jayhawks.
    I honest to God cannot believe this quote. Hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

I will bet you every single dollar in my bank account that Austin Reaves will not get drafted in the NBA. My wife has a better chance at making the NFL, my friend.
      He's going to average 20 with OU. Folks gonna look at him

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

I will bet you every single dollar in my bank account that Austin Reaves will not get drafted in the NBA. My wife has a better chance at making the NFL, my friend.
        I'll add about 1k to that bet and sleep like a baby. Austin Reaves is one of the least athletic players we've had on our team in about a decade. He plays very hard and has a cute jumper. If he's an NBA draft prospect I'm puttin' my name in tomorrow. Austin Reaves is a Northern Iowa starter playing for OU.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Back off a smidge on the Morphine drip pin. You sir are dreaming...

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'll add about 1k to that bet and sleep like a baby. Austin Reaves is one of the least athletic players we've had on our team in about a decade. He plays very hard and has a cute jumper. If he's an NBA draft prospect I'm puttin' my name in tomorrow. Austin Reaves is a Northern Iowa starter playing for OU.

T

We will see in 18-20 months, who is right whether he gets his shot at the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

T

Up to $1,007.67, gents... anyone else want action?!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Really, pin? It takes more than averaging 20 in the B12-2 (assuming he does) to get you a draft look, especially with the number of foreign players coming in these days.

Comment

• AR will be playing somewhere and it very well could be in the NBA where they don't play that much D until it counts

Comment

• Man, there's a lot of bent fans regarding Austin Reeves. It's amazing how none of these comments were pouring out when he was on our team.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Man, there's a lot of bent fans regarding Austin Reeves. It's amazing how none of these comments were pouring out when he was on our team.
                      In all fairness, there were a few critics regarding decision making, but then, he was a freshman/sophomore on an upperclassmen team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

In all fairness, there were a few critics regarding decision making, but then, he was a freshman/sophomore on an upperclassmen team.
                        Oh I remember those moments. He basically costed us the Notre Dame game and the Houston conference tournament game, yada, yada, yada. Regardless, it comes off as "jilted jealous lover" when you continue to downgrade a former player at any chance possible. It's not like he just got up and left the team.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'll always remember Austin hitting those SEVEN 3s in the first half at home!!!

I'll also always remember Austin costing us the Maui Invitational....and the AAC tourney....

----

He is a fun player to watch. I wish him no ill will (except for a goose egg in IBA).

However, he was a player who was nurtured, developed, and benefited greatly from being at WSU. He'd have helped and play a lot for this team this year and last. When times got hard though, he left. For that, good riddance.

Future is bright regardless and I wouldn't trade anyone on our roster currently for him.
                          Last edited by Shock Top; November 26, 2019, 11:31 PM.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            When times got hard though, he left.
                            I would ask you to explain but I don't think I wanna.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I was a Reaves fan, but that's over.

He came here with two bad shoulders and REALLY needing upper body strength, which he couldn't work on with bad shoulders.

WSU got him a top-notch Doc and fixed his shoulders. He needed a year off to recover and build up some strength. Instead of rewarding the school that got him fixed up physically, he left, which gave him the year off that he needed.

I'm just seeing a guy who signed with the only decent school that recruited him (until after Marshall offered, then others suddenly became interested), got that school to fix him up physically, and as soon as that happened, he showed no loyalty or appreciation for the opportunity he was given, and transferred to an opponent.

Loyalty should be a two-way street. With Reaves it wasn't. Maybe there were some things I'm not aware of that made his continuation at WSU incompatible. It's difficult for me to wish him well.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• IF and that's a big IF he someway finds himself drafted next year...it definitely wasn't because he transferred. It completely was because he learned and developed under..................

FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X