Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
    The only part I hate is the school paid to get his bum shoulder fixed and OU gets to reap all the benefits. It’s like taking a hot chick out on a date, spending lots of cash on her then she goes home with another guy at the end of the night.
    Do we really know who paid for surgeries?

Apparently, health insurance coverage for college athletes is a pretty controversial area that you don't hear a lot about. The NCAA has catastrophic coverage with a $90,000 deductible. Any while the NCAA requires its member institutions to certify that their athletes have healthcare insurance coverage but they do not require the member institutions to provide that.

I am assuming WSU provides such coverage but I don't know that for a fact. Possibly the fall back is the parent's insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
      Stop whining about paying for this or that.

There were conditions in place that that caused him to leave. Many of you would have left as well.
      Yes. Conditions he created.

It's not a one-way street on this thing. Again, we probably should all just move on, kinda like how Austin has.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        No doubt.

• Good luck to "Showtime"

Players transfer in and out of programs all the time. No beef here.

I'm super excited about ES. Can't wait to see them go head to head next year. Both are great players. I find ES's rebounding numbers as a freshman guard to be super impressive

Comment

• This situation is so epic it deserves an ESPN 30 for 30, an E! True Hollywood Story or perhaps a Lifetime Channel drama. It’s that good.

Shoulders of Dismay: the Austin Reaves Saga

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Do we really know who paid for surgeries?

I am assuming WSU provides such coverage but I don't know that for a fact. Possibly the fall back is the parent's insurance.
        From my experience the primary (parents) insurance covers it, then the secondary (university) picks up the parents deductible and whatever the parents insurance didn’t cover.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to chuckle a bit at one comment I saw in an article on the subject:

"Some may find it surprising that the organization that specifies the number of phone calls recruits can receive to whether or not athlete can accept rides to school doesn’t specify college athletes insurance requirements. Why not? According to Paul Haagen, “Because a better system would cost a lot”.

Currently, the type and cost of healthcare an athlete will receive will depend on the school and according to Jon Solomon, that’s not something that is easy to find out."

• [QUOTE=proshox;n1156838]Stop whining about paying for this or that.

There were conditions in place that that caused him to leave. Many of you would have left as well. [/QUOTE

th1QTA64QT.jpg

1c237m.jpg
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Did Austin speak to you? Your rumors probably are not any truer than Maggie Marshall being the reason. Get off of your platform. I don’t blame anyone and no one needs to be blamed. Usually there is blame to go to more than one person and few know the full story
          Chicken dinner

Comment

• T

...:cool:

Comment

• How on earth is this thread still alive? What next -- theories as to how King Tut actually died?

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                How on earth is this thread still alive? What next -- theories as to how King Tut actually died?
                OU comes to Wichita next year.....so I wonder big this chat will end up before it is retired.

Comment

• back in my day our hockey prep/practices included physical weaknesses/limitations. a little extra hit (strong tech pick) on the guy with the weak shoulder.. a little spear (light elbow) to the guy that couldn’t keep his mouth shut.

players transfer for many a reason.. it really doesn’t matter why and we’ll never know the truth anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    This situation is so epic it deserves an ESPN 30 for 30, an E! True Hollywood Story or perhaps a Lifetime Channel drama. It’s that good.

Shoulders of Dismay: the Austin Reaves Saga
                    THIS made me laugh......

Comment

• I'm sure it's clear to all that I have no love for this boy. In fact, I'm hoping that, as we speak, his jock itch has moved from the crotchial region up into his armpits.

BUT... I don't think there has ever been a time in Greg Marshall's career at WSU where one single player could be so pivotal (or detrimental) to our season. AR would have offered us another steady hand on the perimeter, a tall person that can consistently knock down shots, and a hustler. He would allow several of our project freshmen to greatly reduce their minutes and focus on the fundamentals of the game. Mark could get closer to the basket at times and our big men would have even more real estate in which to operate. Play Angry or not, we win at least 2 more games this season thus far if we had that spindly broken man from Arkansas. Now I hate him even more...

T

Comment

• Shocker fans can now rally around the storyline that our season is ****ed because of that peckerhead quitter. He would have made twice the impact this year over the newbie Lomax. AR knew our system backwards and forwards. He was a smart kid and he had a lot of heart on the court.

P.S. I hope he eventually has to go to the doctor for the "jock itch" and gets an alternate diagnosis... HERPES!

FU AR! Dexie goin' dunk on yo ass next year son. Book it.

T

Comment

• FadedCrown
                          FadedCrown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It would have been nice to have a starter return from last year. and I bet 3G was thinking Reaves was expecting Reaves would be the last person to transfer, but here we are.

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Shocker fans can now rally around the storyline that our season is ****ed because of that peckerhead quitter. He would have made twice the impact this year over the newbie Lomax. AR knew our system backwards and forwards. He was a smart kid and he had a lot of heart on the court.

P.S. I hope he eventually has to go to the doctor for the "jock itch" and gets an alternate diagnosis... HERPES!

FU AR! Dexie goin' dunk on yo ass next year son. Book it.

T

KC Shox was banned after his perceived negative comments of Austin Reeves, perhaps this comment was the straw that broke the camel's back, who knows. Anyway, at that time, Austin was unreliable due to his shoulder problems and was missing games. KC simply mentioned that perhaps it was time to part ways as he felt a player's best ability was his availability. Now that Austin is gone, can we reinstate KC Shox?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think we should be like Christ and allow all those who would seek redemption to find it.

I like to imagine The Kung weighing in at around 8 lbs 3.7 oz proclaiming the following in a thundering voice:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

T

• shockrah
                          shockrah commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kung Wu is always quick with a yoke.

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          https://media1.tenor.com/images/693e...itemid=9187143
                      Working...
                      X