No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He made a commitment. WSU invested a lot of money in him. He left. End of story. Bye AR!

Comment

• What bothered me was that WSU arranged for the surgeries Reaves needed to be able to play. He had surgeries both summers before he played. He got no summer workouts, got no strength work. We didn't really get a chance to see what he could do. He needed a year off in the worst way.

Now he's getting that year off. He has a chance to do strength work and get into summer ball with his team, and all that is happening somewhere else. It's kind of like, "thanks for fixing me, now I can go play somewhere else". If there was ever a player who owed some loyalty to WSU, it was Reaves.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't argue with that.

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
      He made a commitment. WSU invested a lot of money in him. He left. End of story. Bye AR!
      So why are we not angry at Teddy???

Transfers are a way of life...32 pages have been invested on this...he ain't coming back....

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Because Teddy is a man. Men discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's the kind of man Teddy Buckets is. Austin is just a hillbilly boy with spindly limbs. A third the size of Teddy's.

T

...:cool:

• pie n eye
        pie n eye commented
        Editing a comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      So why are we not angry at Teddy???

Transfers are a way of life...32 pages have been invested on this...he ain't coming back....
      Not that I'm too worked up one way or the other on this, but anger is almost certainly not the right word. I'm not sure anyone here is expecting WV to be the biggest Teddy fans. The post you quoted isn't rooting for AR to get injured or something, it's just saying "Bye." I'm sure there are lots of WV fans who feel similarly about Teddy.

Comment

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        One could argue, WSU made/paid for AR to physically be able to play college ball.

Not saying WV did not have a good support system in place or they were the cause, but distance made TA's mental health worse.

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Not that I'm too worked up one way or the other on this, but anger is almost certainly not the right word. I'm not sure anyone here is expecting WV to be the biggest Teddy fans. The post you quoted isn't rooting for AR to get injured or something, it's just saying "Bye." I'm sure there are lots of WV fans who feel similarly about Teddy.
      Probably correct....

Comment

• We are used to guys transferring out to play at a lower level programs. Reaves transferred to a bigger program, something we hadn't seen here since probably Maurice Evans, and it stings a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          What bothered me was that WSU arranged for the surgeries Reaves needed to be able to play. He had surgeries both summers before he played. He got no summer workouts, got no strength work. We didn't really get a chance to see what he could do. He needed a year off in the worst way.

Now he's getting that year off. He has a chance to do strength work and get into summer ball with his team, and all that is happening somewhere else. It's kind of like, "thanks for fixing me, now I can go play somewhere else". If there was ever a player who owed some loyalty to WSU, it was Reaves.
          "Oh, don't let me forget, thanks for: discovering me, getting interest in me up when no one wanted me, developing my skills for two years, and letting me leave at the first sight of struggle!"

Best of luck to you AR!
          The Assman

Comment

• NVM
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            What bothered me was that WSU arranged for the surgeries Reaves needed to be able to play. He had surgeries both summers before he played. He got no summer workouts, got no strength work. We didn't really get a chance to see what he could do. He needed a year off in the worst way.

The leaving was mutual by both parties.

The reasons causing the breakup were definitely caused by AR.

This is all very messy and grey. There’s plenty of blame to go around. I’d suggest just leaving it at that and move on.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Spoken like a man that knows the truth.

• Royalno5
              Royalno5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I to have heard the reasons for leaving. I had hoped they were not true. If he had to leave I guess I could live with that, however I have to question his motive in going to a future opponent such as Oklahoma, I am sure he didn't help them at all, From the look of Gregg's handshake he has issues with it as well,.
              Last edited by Royalno5; December 11, 2018, 11:12 PM.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The leaving was mutual by both parties.

The reasons causing the breakup were definitely caused by AR.

This is all very messy and grey. There’s plenty of blame to go around. I’d suggest just leaving it at that and move on.
            Marshall was surprised AR wanted/intended to transfer - how is that mutual?

What do you mean and do you know the "reasons causing the breakup were definitely caused by AR?"

With your previous two statements being so declarative, how then can this event be "...all very messy and grey. There's plenty of blame to go around."

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              PRN - Public Relations Nightmare.

Details shall not be released. But obfuscation via cryptic commentary can be healthy and fun!

Suck the Fooners!

T

...:cool:

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              Dam* it, Cold. There nothing like someone using a word (on a fan board no less) that IS what it MEANS.

• Shockernet version of "The Ox Bow Incident".
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              It might very well make a pretty darn good book/movie.

• "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• The only part I hate is the school paid to get his bum shoulder fixed and OU gets to reap all the benefits. It’s like taking a hot chick out on a date, spending lots of cash on her then she goes home with another guy at the end of the night.
              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Stop whining about paying for this or that.

There were conditions in place that that caused him to leave. Many of you would have left as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  Stop whining about paying for this or that.

There were conditions in place that that caused him to leave. Many of you would have left as well.
                  Did Austin speak to you? Your rumors probably are not any truer than Maggie Marshall being the reason. Get off of your platform. I don’t blame anyone and no one needs to be blamed. Usually there is blame to go to more than one person and few know the full story

Comment

Working...
                  X