Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually, it should be the opposite. Reaves is taking the high road if the rumors around town are true for why he really left.
    OK, you can't say that and then ALLUDE to 'rumors around town'.....

Comment

• Veritas
      Veritas commented
      Editing a comment
      All kinds of things...
      HCGM’s behavior in practice didn’t mix with AR’s Christian beliefs... Maggie broke up with him.... coaches blamed him for the Notre Dame loss... etc. It really gets silly.
      For me, I think ES is as smart, more skilled, bigger, stronger, and will be as good of a shooter. I wish AR the best in Oklahoma.

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
    I really do dislike this kid more after reading that article.

Roster turnover? Stop being a baby. McDuffie stuck it out, and if anyone had a reason to leave it would have been him. At least McDuffie has a shot at the NBA and could have improved his stock by going to a P5 school.

WSU didn't let him play how he wanted to? What exactly does he think his game is? He couldn't guard anyone, didn't drive the ball, and never created for himself. He did get the ball when he was open, though. He wasn't the best player on the floor, but expected to get all the touches?
    I must have watched a different player and season than you last year. I recall that Austin earned a starting role in January and over the course of consecutive games he posted impressive numbers against Tulsa, Temple, Memphis and UCONN. Then Marshall chose to replace Austin with CF, if Marshall offered an explanation why I must have missed it as I don't know.

You are familiar with Austin's performance against Tulsa (win) - non-starter; 28 minutes; 8-12 and 7-11 from the 3; 2 RB; 4 assists; 1 turnover; 2 blocks; and, 1 steal. FYI, next game was Temple (loss) - starter; 35 minutes; 7-13 and 3-7 from 3; 5 rebounds; 1 assist; and 1 turnover. Austin posted even better numbers against Memphis, which lead me to conclude he had arrived.

IMO Austin will be posting similar numbers for the Sooners and Lonnie Kruger next season; while we Shocker fans lament our loss. I just pray that Austin does not torch the Shockers next year to make his leaving a truly regrettable loss.

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess I didn't see the same thing you did '76. He played 28,35 (OT game), and 32 against Tulsa, Temple, Memphis, but only played 20 minutes in the UConn game you alluded to.

It then went Temple 27, Cincy 25. Dropped to 20 against Tulane, but had 4 fouls.

Then back to 38 against SMU and 29 UCF (despite going 1-7 and 3 points). He played only 20 m Cincy, but was 0-5 and 0 points. Those last 2 games were 49 minutes, 1-12 and 3 points.

In the AAC tourney he only played 19 m, scoring 13 against Temple and up to 24 m and 10 points against Houston with 3 fouls (that was the most minutes he had played in the 3 games against Houston, the other games being 19 m each).

Against Marshall he played only 19 m, but had 4 fouls and was totally ineffective going 0-5 and 0 points.

• Shocker1976
      Shocker1976 commented
      Editing a comment
      ShockTalk I was focused more on productivity per game than minutes played. As you pointed out Austin's productivity in the UCF game was not comparable to his previous game performances and he continued to under-perform for the remainder of the season. Why such an observable decline??

IMO Austin's performance next season for Kruger and the Sooners is more likely to reflect his per game numbers for the Shockers prior to the UCF game.

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Roster turnover? Stop being a baby. McDuffie stuck it out, and if anyone had a reason to leave it would have been him. At least McDuffie has a shot at the NBA and could have improved his stock by going to a P5 school.

I have no problem with AR transferring. I wish him well, how I could do otherwise?
    However, I see no universe anywhere where the above can happen. I want him to play well for WSU, make no mistake about it, just as I want ALL of the seniors to play well, and no offense to MM, but MM will be a good international player. That is all.

Comment

• shocker43
      shocker43 commented
      Editing a comment
      Explain why MM is a top second round pick in most draft boards, then.

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually, it should be the opposite. Reaves is taking the high road if the rumors around town are true for why he really left.
    Wait. What would you do if you were in Marshall’s shoes? Would you be happy about it? Reeves, I’m sure, is like a son to him, just like all of his players are. They’re “family”. Seems to me, Reaves made a silly decision or two.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Wait. What would you do if you were in Marshall’s shoes? Would you be happy about it? Reeves, I’m sure, is like a son to him, just like all of his players are. They’re “family”. Seems to me, Reaves made a silly decision or two.
      Actually I agree with you. But there is no reason to demonize Reaves when he is just trying to take the high road and not air whatever his true grievances were.

We all know the “roster turnover” excuse is bogus. What do players ultimately want - playing time and to be the “guy” - he would have gotten both opportunities.

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. Let the kid take the high road. Be sad that it didn't ultimately workout here, because he has some serious ability.

• I must have missed something. Who is Austin Reaves?
      The Assman

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
        Horn28Clem30 commented
        Editing a comment
        My thoughts exactly! Out of sight, out of mind!

• Pretty damn good player. We certainly miss him. Good luck, kid.

Comment

• Not very athletic or durable. Good shooter and good attitude... well, his attitude was good right up until he dropped us like a 3-dollar whore.

I hope he catches a nasty case of Athlete's Foot and Jock Itch up in Norman.

Maybe a side of crabs too.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• LOL. This one is just going to burn for a while.

This song sums up how we all really feel right now.

Last edited by Walker; December 10, 2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          I must have missed something. Who is Austin Reaves?
          Think Erik Stevenson ... but weaker.

I like the kid. He was great for us here and whatever reason he chose to leave is up to him. I wasn't a fan of him talking trash Saturday considering his lack of commitment is 1 of many reasons why the game ended the way it did. (notice i said 1 of many).

That said, I like what Erik brings in comparison to Austin. He's stronger and more vocal and isn't afraid to step when the team needs it. The rest of their games are similar.

Comment

• Shocker1976
            Shocker1976 commented
            Editing a comment
            ES is a good comparison but I an not certain the primary difference is strength. Hopefully next season we will witness these two playing against one another in Wichita.

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Could never compare him to Stevenson - totally different makeups. Stevenson is durable and explosive, Reeves is cerebral and slow.

T

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Think Erik Stevenson ... but weaker.

I like the kid. He was great for us here and whatever reason he chose to leave is up to him. I wasn't a fan of him talking trash Saturday considering his lack of commitment is 1 of many reasons why the game ended the way it did. (notice i said 1 of many).

That said, I like what Erik brings in comparison to Austin. He's stronger and more vocal and isn't afraid to step when the team needs it. The rest of their games are similar.
          Who was talking trash?

Comment

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what i could see, Austin was directed towards our players.

• I could see how if a certain daughter of a certain person was involved, and that went downhill, then things could get interesting real quick. Like speed of light with the thundering fist of an angry god, quick. And that's not a judgement on anyone, nor do I have any knowledge.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            If I'm a coach I don't let my daughter hang around the playeRRZ.

How's 'bout you?

T

• Austin has a glass jaw. He can't take a hit from a girl........................................

T

Comment

• Some of you are doing a lot of assuming that Austin just got up and left.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              He didn't just get up and leave, he was crying as well. His feewings were hurt. People were mean to him. :*(

T

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              It was a mutual parting of ways.

• C0|dB|00ded
              C0|dB|00ded commented
              Editing a comment
              K.

T

• The postgame handshake did seem a little awkward.

Comment

Working...
            X