Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

And I was speaking to improved intelligence perhaps playing a factor in whether or not HCGM has to simplify his system.

We've had players in the past who still looked "lost on the floor" three quarters of the way through their freshman season. This is an IQ problem, not experience. Yes, experience can equalize intelligence differentials given enough time, but in DI bball, time is scarce.

Remember when we played Stanford at our place in the NIT? They made us look like hillbillies. It was like we were playing in the Matrix and their entire team was Neo. They played with a BBIQ that was at a different level. They weren't the best athletes, but they were some of the brightest players in the country and they had good size. An entire team of Luke Hancock's...

Back to your point... I think we have some bright(er) players coming to Wichita. I think they're gonna do their homework and I think they are going to surprise people with their poise and decision-making abilities a lot earlier than we've seen in the past.

T

...:cool:
    I was listening to Deshaun Watson on the radio the other day. The hosts were talking to him about how great he looked in the limited number of games he played before he got hurt. Deshaun basically said he was working with about half the playbook. They had to make it easy for him and let his instincts do the rest. He said this year he will have more in his arsenal. I’m hoping 3G takes a similar approach with our youngsters.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not a huge football fan but I will offer this carefully considered and well-articulated opinion. I think a lot of football players (and fans) are dumb.

T

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• IndianaShocker
      #417.1
      IndianaShocker commented
      9 hours ago
      Do neck tatoos correspond positely to IQ?

I hope you're right. Any facts to substantiate?

Don't get me wrong - as a fan I'm far more interested in the athletic part of our student athletes. Just saying, when I look at photos of our players I think more Louisville than Ivy League, Notre Dame, or dare I say it....Butler.

I would say that there are many, many highly intelligent people serving life sentences in prison. I would also say that had you met Fred VanVleet out on the streets of Rockford with some of his boys "back in the day", you'd likely have had a very different first impression than what you got when he arrived at WSU. Fred doesn't belong at Harvard, but I bet Fred could outwit a Harvardian in many ways outside the classroom.

I see this same "intellectual" confidence in a lot of our new signees. It comes from continually being "better" than your peers while growing up. You're quicker witted or more cunning (or both) and find yourself always being thrust into leadership positions in your respective social circles. We've got at least 3 guys like that with Stevenson, Torres, and Burton - maybe even Buckets.

Listen to these guys talk. I can hear their "rank" in life instantly.

West, Virginia, University, Mountaineers+WVU+NCAA, sports+Big, 12, sports

Each one of these players are Alpha's. They are used to being the man. It was the same for Fred and Ron. Now we have 4 Fred and Ron's in my opinion (I'm speaking to leadership ability - but don't think they can't back it up on the court).

Yes, we're going to have a few dummies on our team and they likely will reside in the group of taller gentlemen. If we find ourselves with tall players who enjoy similar characteristics to the aforementioned four... look out.

The dream ain't dead folks... in some ways, I think we're just getting started.

T

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Top 3 AAC finish and right in the mix for an at large

• IndianaShocker
        IndianaShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I happen to agree. The best is yet to come.

While I hope our players all end up on the Dean's List, I'm much more concerned w BBIQ as opposed to GPA. Going to be a fun year.

• http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...179423566.html

Austin Reaves was a nice boy. RIP

T

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• #417.1
          IndianaShocker commented
          10 hours ago
          Do neck tatoos correspond positely to IQ?

----

The number of tramp stamps someone has might be inversely correlated with IQ levels, but that's a very different argument than correlation between neck tattoos and basketball IQ.

Comment

• Oops... wrong thread...

I+fixed+it+for+you+_a1cf91cf25c0a427421feaca5f80da58.jpg
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Reaves is leaving???

Comment

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Can we just let this thread die already.

Comment

• BOBB
                    BOBB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Like a black fly in your chardonnay.

• shock
                    shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dead for a week, then you bumped it. Ironic

• Sorry, hadn’t seen anything on here in a while

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUfan1998 View Post
                    Sorry, hadn’t seen anything on here in a while
                    Congrats on keeping it alive!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Karen Carpenter...now there was a talent.

Comment

• BOBB
                        BOBB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What a effin waste of talent. Thanks for bumming.me out.

• I can't stand this thread and refuse to read any more about it until page 30.
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

• I hope this thread is buried by November

Comment

Working...
                        X