No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You people are all so wrong it's funny. He had very real, very legit reasons to leave. None of which had anything to do with girlfriends, fans, playing time, teammates etc. He loved his teammates, the fans, and playing for Wichita State. Quit speculating. Austin is one of the toughest kids around. He poured his heart out every minute of every practice and game in Black and Yellow. It's fine if you aren't happy with his decision.... But stop degrading a kid that has done nothing but love the fans, give everything he had to win games, be a great role model, and a stand up human being. Again... He had very real, very legit reasons to leave. He did what he felt was best for him. I'm sure you have all changed jobs or schools for personal reasons in your life. This is no different.

Some of you are embarrassng yourselves and Shocker Nation. Grow up. Its a sport played by 18-22 year olds. They have lives just as you do. Get over yourselves.

Comment

• AndShock
      AndShock commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s completely natural to speculate especially when Marshall’s only comment on it has been that Austin was his only surprise transfer in his 20 years of coaching.

Austin certainly doesn’t owe anyone an explanation, but what’s going on right now is the result of when there isn’t one. Basketball players have lives but their on-court time has been tracked since high school and people have spent thousands of dollars watching him play. I think some hurt feelings and speculation is to be expected.

I think if I were personally involved with Austin I’d stay away from reading a board like this especially during the off-season when everyone gets just a tad bit crazier. If you want to visit the board and see more pro-Austin comments I recommend coming back during the OU/KU games in ‘19-‘20 and ‘20-‘21.

• DwShock
      DwShock commented
      Editing a comment
      Until the real reason comes out, the rumors will continue. Either on the board or in folks minds. I don’t really care either way, I’d thank him for his service and wish him nothing but the best in life.

• A lot of "fans" can get pretty childish, myself included.... you see this trait in virtually all fan bases.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      A lot of "fans" can get pretty childish, myself included.... you see this trait in virtually all fan bases.
      Not saying it's just Wichita fans. Just saying that it's sad. I love basketball as much as anyone. But I'll never talk bad about someone who has done everything right on and off the floor. No matter how mad I get at them or how many times they beat me. Too much "me against you" in the world. Most of you are grown adults talking bad about a 19 year old kid that LITERALLY NOBODY has anything negative to say about. Because you are mad about a game.... Let that sink in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARShocker View Post

Not saying it's just Wichita fans. Just saying that it's sad. I love basketball as much as anyone. But I'll never talk bad about someone who has done everything right on and off the floor. No matter how mad I get at them or how many times they beat me. Too much "me against you" in the world. Most of you are grown adults talking bad about a 19 year old kid that LITERALLY NOBODY has anything negative to say about. Because you are mad about a game.... Let that sink in.
        But isn’t saying Austin did “everything right on the floor” going a bit overboard in the other direction...especially when that isn’t exactly true? AR was my favorite Shocker this past season...he showed good potential but certainly had flaws (flaws that I’m sure he’d admit to). Your over the top defense of someone is about as obnoxious as those who are tearing him down.

Comment

You people are all so wrong it's funny. He had very real, very legit reasons to leave. None of which had anything to do with girlfriends, fans, playing time, teammates etc. He loved his teammates, the fans, and playing for Wichita State. Quit speculating. Austin is one of the toughest kids around. He poured his heart out every minute of every practice and game in Black and Yellow. It's fine if you aren't happy with his decision.... But stop degrading a kid that has done nothing but love the fans, give everything he had to win games, be a great role model, and a stand up human being. Again... He had very real, very legit reasons to leave. He did what he felt was best for him. I'm sure you have all changed jobs or schools for personal reasons in your life. This is no different.

Some of you are embarrassng yourselves and Shocker Nation. Grow up. Its a sport played by 18-22 year olds. They have lives just as you do. Get over yourselves.
          I guess I'm confused why you are responding like this. Many of us put a lot of time and money into the Shocker basketball program. That includes putting money into the fund that pays for the scholarship that Austin enjoyed for two years. Austin represented us very well, that is true. He was set up to be a major contributor this year. He was a fan favorite and we cheered him on through his whole time here, even when he "failed" (its happens, most don't expect perfection). Then he ups and leaves without an explanation. He absolutely doesn't "owe" us an explanation. That's his choice, but that choice comes with consequences. That's called "growing up" as you put it. The consequence is that people will speculate as to the reason why he left. That's human nature when things are unexplained.

Also, the vast majority of us will be cheering him on during MOST games (sorry, he chose an opponent of WSU, so he will be cheered against during that game) ... We may not be actively seeking it out and going out of our way to attend his games as if he was still a Shocker, but we don't wish him ill will. Yet again, that's a consequence of the choice he made.

Comment

• Recently found out why Austin left... he got tired of fighting his allergy to the sunflower.

Comment

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              lol

You people are all so wrong it's funny. He had very real, very legit reasons to leave. None of which had anything to do with girlfriends, fans, playing time, teammates etc. He loved his teammates, the fans, and playing for Wichita State. Quit speculating. Austin is one of the toughest kids around. He poured his heart out every minute of every practice and game in Black and Yellow. It's fine if you aren't happy with his decision.... But stop degrading a kid that has done nothing but love the fans, give everything he had to win games, be a great role model, and a stand up human being. Again... He had very real, very legit reasons to leave. He did what he felt was best for him. I'm sure you have all changed jobs or schools for personal reasons in your life. This is no different.

If the the rumors are hurtful to Austin and his inner-circle, maybe there should be some clarification. Until then, don't be surprised that people are speculating about what happened. I agree that people should stop the rumor mill, but are you really that surprised? The kid was supposed to be the heart of a rebuilding team.

Comment

• So, just to clarify, its ok to make **** up and lie through your teeth when your feelings are hurt about where a college kid decides to play a game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                So, just to clarify, its ok to make **** up and lie through your teeth when your feelings are hurt about where a college kid decides to play a game?
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• At this point, I think that the only thing that will help us through the grief process and offseason is the Ross sisters and their solid potato salad.

Comment

• If there has been no clarification, how does anyone know if it is made-up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      If there has been no clarification, how does anyone know if it is made-up?
                      If someone is speculating without any proof, it's probably made up.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I think it's not so much that people want to know Austin's business is that people (WSU supporters) want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the program, or bigger issues we should be concerned about. Austin stated that he appreciated everything WSU & 3G did for him and I guess we should leave it at that, but it doesn't stop us from wondering, and chatting about it. Maybe he wanted to major in something not offered at WSU, haven't heard that rumor yet. But then again, if it were something that trivial, it would have been easier for him to discuss publicly.

Comment

You people are all so wrong it's funny
                          The only thing in your post that I take exception to is this statement. While some posters have taken shots at Austin it has not be any means been everyone. There have been numerous posts supportive of Austin and accepting of his decision even though we don't know the reasons behind it. One such post (#344) received far more "Likes" than is typical on Shockernet which would suggest that it is far from ALL the peopple posting on this message board.

Perhaps strarting out with "Some of you people" would have been more accurate. Other than that, it was well said.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                            X