No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t have to worry about playing a lick of defense there.

And LOL at UNI fans thinking they had a chance at our sloppy seconds. That mid’s best days are long behind them.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry, they have already decided they have a long list of more talented players already on their roster ...

• Lawman
      Lawman commented
      Editing a comment
      Ruthless.

• I agree with ‘72. I really WANT this kid to succeed based off how hard he played for WSU. I WANT to root for him. Still hurts a tad knowing something wasn’t right to such a degree that he couldn’t continue here. OU just got a really tough player. I just don’t want to root against him. And I hope he lights up the Jayhawks with 7 threes.

Comment

• I will certainly clap for Austin when he's announced in the lineup or enters the game for the first time. I wish him nothing but the best. I highly doubt he intentionally picked a program that was on our schedule in the future just to stick it to us. Cold's comments are idiotic.

It's not like we have to cheer for him when he draws a charge against us. Just show some civility towards a guy that gave us two great years and some awesome moments.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that's 3 times you've addressed me personally looking for a reaction. 3 times a charm I suppose.

Based on the circling rumors as to why he would leave, there is an avenue one could take that would lead to a magnanimous goodbye. I choose not to follow that path because I prefer to react as a dumb Shocker fan, not as an insider. Austin Reaves is but a speck in the annals of Shocker History while Gregg Marshall graces 75% of its pages. In the end, It doesn't matter whose fault it was that Austin left, it will be "hit the bricks kid" every day and twice on Sunday followed by Hail Gregg Marshall (and Co.) out of me.

This is a teachable moment where we realize that life is just not fair. We then can either accept that fact and be a man and fulfill our responsibilities, or we can run off to... umm... OU seeking a "safer" space.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/8zRBpTeM5MQKY/giphy.gif

Okay, I'm out! Stop poking the bear!

T

...:cool:

• ShockerPhi
        ShockerPhi commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it's you who needs the safe space with how deeply offended you are by a college kid making a personal decision

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Spoken like a true Libby...

Forget contracts; forget responsibilities; forget consequences for my actions... I'm just going to think about my feelings and to hell with the rest of you. This is the generation of our day and this mindset has permeated all of college basketball.

I'm not personally hurt over losing Reeve's the player; he was a good shooter but he was unathletic and seemed to have a knack for late game blunders. I knew HCGM would upgrade his roster spot. I'm irritated over this young man putting petty personal issues ahead of his teammates and the program. He put the coach in a tough spot to scramble for a replacement and as I've already stated, I'm 100% behind the program over any player. You hurt (or inconvenience) the program or coaching staff in any way and I'll gladly toss your sniveling ass under the bus. That's the role I play on the issue bub, take it or leave it.

Shaq had 300x more reasons to leave the program and guess what... his momma said get your ass back to that school and fulfill your obligations. And that's why Shaq is 300x the man Austin is today. Little Austin still has some growing up to do.

T

...:cool:

• I appreciate what Austin did for the program while he was here and wish him success in life on and off the court... but I will loudly boo him when he returns to Intrust, just as I will every other player on OU's team. Nothing personal, but he no longer wears the black and yellow. He's no different to me than any other player for another program.

Comment

• The real questions is will ESPN announcers refer to him as "the former Shocker" or "the transfer from Wichita St." as much and as how long they did with Conner Frankamp???

Good Gawd man. They beat that to death. I don't think I watched a single game where one of the announcers in the 3 years Conner was hear didn't feel obligated to make it a point about Conner being a transfer. 3 years???
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I hope he does well, but if he doesn't, then I'll take solace in the fact that we didn't lose much.

As long as WSU does well, it doesnt affect me either way.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I think Austin was a good scorer and teammate. I will root for him to do well as long as it is not against the Shockers. In looking at his game I think he still needs to prove himself as a defender and a clutch time decision maker. Looking at those two aspects we might not miss him by the 2nd half of the season if a couple of the new guys prove themselves better options in those areas.

Comment

• I won't root against the kid, but he 's no longer a Shocker so he's dead to me. Plus he went to OU who I hate so he's double dead.
              "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• He will do well...cuz he's the first transfer that shocked Marshall..soo

Comment

• He cost us the ND game and Maui Championship, and took away a chance to win the AAC championship. When he was “family” you took the bad with the good. Now that he’s a Sooner, and a soon to be Oklahoma Alumn, I don’t give a damn about his career. He’s Benedict Arnold, slightly less so than Greg Dreiling.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I put the ND loss on the guy who threw the pass. Frankamp could see the defender closing on Reaves. Reaves couldn't, because the guy closing for the steal was behind him. Reaves should have closed on the pass instead of waiting for it, but the pass should not have been thrown.

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Against ND he just basically weak armed the catch. He also missed some free throws that could have sealed the deal. He wasn't ready.

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think you could say both ND loss and the Houston AAC Tourney loss could have been prevented if he was a little stronger catching the ball. (though both could have easily been called fouls also)

• He was my favorite player but now he is a defector as far as I am concerned. He jumped ship.
                  Can't root for him but won't necessarily root against him. I still think he pooped his pants and
                  things won't work out for the better for him or the Shocks.

Comment

• I think Austin needed a year off and now he gets it...might have been at least a minor consideration when he decided to transfer. By late this season he looked exhausted and frustrated. Hope he can get the necessary rehab and strength training over his year off. Goodluck at OU, Austin.

Comment

• Kruger is certainly known as a nice guy and GM is not. Maybe that is what Austin was looking for. Nice guys do succeed, but so do task masters.

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think you nailed the reason for the trfr and the destination.

• Perimeter players with a good first step could consistently beat Reaves. That caused him (and some other perimeter defenders) to play off their guy to prevent the drive. That led to opponents shredding our D from the 3-point line.

Last year we had some makers, but they were not particularly effective on D. Makers tend to be shooters from time to time. When that happened they didn't get better on D, and we lost games.

There is a reason that VanVleet and Baker have some decent +/- stats in the league. Even when their shots aren't falling, they're still preventing their opponents' shots from falling.

Marshall's recruiting this year seems to be aimed at guys with the physical attributes to be able to play D at the level he likes to play.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• For Oklahoma getting and having Reaves will be a blessing... Maybe the fit was not going to be great here at Wichita State... Different ideas and ideologies of how the game should be played...

Comment

Working...
                        X