No announcement yet.

Austin Reaves transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that I give a Sh about an ExShocker's transferring destination, it's just there is no news to follow and the season won't start for another 6 or 7months. I am bored out of my mind.

Comment

• University of Kansas football is just around the corner this September...come on board and "raise the chant", California Shocker. You might enjoy the meltdowns.

Comment

• KU plays football??

Comment

• ShockerEngr
          ShockerEngr commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really. They play dress up with football pads.

• ShockdaWorld
          ShockdaWorld commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost as well as WSU does...only
          WSU doesn’t lose millions of dollars for it.

• Ventured over the UNI board to read a thread that at 14 pages and 209 posts is the longest basketball thread since the Iowa State game thread last December. It's a transfer thread in general, but it's 70% about Austin in totality and all about him the last 10 pages or so.

A couple of highlights:
        According to an article I read today, they have 4 players total returning. Those players accounted for 11% of their total minutes on the floor last year. That's lower than any percentage Marshall has had by about 20% (and that previous low mark was a decade ago). How quickly they've fallen.

That is amazing. Perhaps once-and-for-all, we are going to see what Marshall can do. And what the fans really think of him.

Wow, that would be a great pick up but I don't see us getting him. We would already have Bertow, Haldeman, Brown and Pickford playing the 2 or 3. Where would the playing time come from?

Marshall being shocked at the decisions shows how out-of-touch he is with his players. Was Jacobson surprised by any of the departures from UNI?
        If said player isn't the star of his team, cooking him a great steak, tailoring his suit or selling him a new Rolex then I'm not surprised Gregg may not have a good relationship with them.

But if he is about to announce he's coming to UNI...nothing I'd like more than to put word out he's considering 3 Big 10 schools right before he says I'm going to UNI. Put us in the same conversation as those brands.

There are so many reasons Reaves could have wanted to leave Wichita. They lost so many players, there could understandably be conflicts with the coach, and he hasn't always received the best fan support - the WSU student newspaper ran a column saying he should be benched. I can't blame him for leaving

Comment

• shock
          shock commented
          Editing a comment
          How far they have fallen

• wsushockerdude
          wsushockerdude commented
          Editing a comment
          Valley fans are straight garbage.

• Rlh04d
          Rlh04d commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm looking forward to finally seeing what Jacobson can do, other than putting together one or two good teams every four years.

• Reading the UNI board is pure comedy. They're way too high on the horse for being not a good program!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          KU plays football??
          Whoa. There's a major flashback.

Welcome back, MKR.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Ventured over the UNI board to read a thread that at 14 pages and 209 posts is the longest basketball thread since the Iowa State game thread last December. It's a transfer thread in general, but it's 70% about Austin in totality and all about him the last 10 pages or so.

A couple of highlights:
            According to an article I read today, they have 4 players total returning. Those players accounted for 11% of their total minutes on the floor last year. That's lower than any percentage Marshall has had by about 20% (and that previous low mark was a decade ago). How quickly they've fallen.

That is amazing. Perhaps once-and-for-all, we are going to see what Marshall can do. And what the fans really think of him.

Wow, that would be a great pick up but I don't see us getting him. We would already have Bertow, Haldeman, Brown and Pickford playing the 2 or 3. Where would the playing time come from?

Marshall being shocked at the decisions shows how out-of-touch he is with his players. Was Jacobson surprised by any of the departures from UNI?
            If said player isn't the star of his team, cooking him a great steak, tailoring his suit or selling him a new Rolex then I'm not surprised Gregg may not have a good relationship with them.

But if he is about to announce he's coming to UNI...nothing I'd like more than to put word out he's considering 3 Big 10 schools right before he says I'm going to UNI. Put us in the same conversation as those brands.

There are so many reasons Reaves could have wanted to leave Wichita. They lost so many players, there could understandably be conflicts with the coach, and he hasn't always received the best fan support - the WSU student newspaper ran a column saying he should be benched. I can't blame him for leaving
            LOL. That's some classic stuff right there.

Talk about irrelevant. Those guys' views on reality are frighteningly distorted.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Well, Austin can certainly help with UNI’s history of giving (important) games away late.

Sorry, but that was too easy to let slip away. No harm, since he’s a former player... right?? ;)
              The Assman

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                ShockingButTrue commented
                Editing a comment
                You are right

• Shox21
                Shox21 commented
                Editing a comment
                What happened to "once a Shocker, always a Shocker?"

• Rlh04d
                Rlh04d commented
                Editing a comment
                Once a Shocker, always a Shocker works more for kids that don't transfer. I'll cheer for Reaves the same as I hoped Corey would have a good run at Tulsa, but both chose to not be Shockers.

• Biiig difference in how Corey left compared to Reaves.

That being said, Corey plays(ed) for Tulsa and laid his life on the line every time he faced us. He's obviously not a Shocker any longer. I'm sure he'd agree with that statement.

Reaves is DEFINITELY not a Shocker lol. And he'd also agree with that statement.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• choida
                choida commented
                Editing a comment
                I actually C0ld heartedly agree with you on this one... If you don't finish as a shocker..how TF are you..."once a shocker, always a shocker."?? We just aren't used to losing good players to other programs.. period

• Reaves no longer considering Michigan, down to 4 schools. So much for making a quick decision....

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Reaves' still looking for that oh-so-perfect green patch on the other side of the fence. He's finding that "big boy" basketball is the same no matter where you go - athletes rule. He needs to pick a Suburban Horse school.

T

• Shocker1976
                Shocker1976 commented
                Editing a comment
                A tasteless and uniformed comment.

• I'm pretty confident that our new guys could walk into UNI's gym today and beat them by 20.

Comment

• rjl
                rjl commented
                Editing a comment
                Not saying much, considering most of the Valley has been able to think the same thing for the last few seasons.

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                "I'm pretty confident that our new guys could walk into UNI's gym today and beat them by 20." - by just rolling the ball out on the floor. No need for HCGM to make the flight.

T

• I refuse to read anymore of this thread until it gets to page 23.
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LoL!

T

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kind of figured OU would be the place but it's difficult to see how Kruger and OU would help Austin achieve his dream more than here.
                  Good luck to Austin with exception to when we play OU. Seeing him return to the Roundhouse in a couple of years should be extra fun.

• Reaves and the Sooners at Koch (or IBA) in '19-'20 should be....interesting.

Comment

• Guess he’s not going to avoid CKA (or IBA) than.

That will be an interesting reception.
                  The Assman

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This looks like the decision of a very bitter man. Not only does he leave the program unexpectedly, but now he wants a chance at exacting revenge at Shocker Nation's expense. Whelp... looks like ol' Austin's name just appeared on my **** list.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/bOifD9wkVMRxu/giphy.gif

T

Working...
                X