New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.upi.com/Archives/1982/01...1217379141200/

"...In that story, the paper alleged that Wichita State's officals paid for an abortion of a girlfriend of one of the players and helped a menber of the team finance a home for his mother.

'It's totally ridiculous,' Smithson said of the paper's charges. 'It's a bunch of crap.'

The NCAA investigation, however, stems from the dismissal from the team last year of players Richard Williams and Ray Shirley. An NCAA official spoke to Williams at his Florida home that summer. From that conversation with Williams, the NCAA initiated its investigation.

Smithson said there was nothing improper surrounding the dismissal of Williams.

'It was for breaking curfew,' Smithson said, 'And a few other things before that.'

Smithson did not specify what those other things were...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      To try to avoid paying Beaty $3 mill, KU dug through film until they found a Level 2 violation in FB and turned that in to the NCAA. That resulted in an investigation that revealed the same violation was still occurring, which led to another violation for the FB program Both are minor, but they add to KU's institutional control issue.

Beaty sued and KU fought that in court to the tune of $554,788 in outside legal fees (prior to any unbilled amounts in June). Then they settled the case for $2.55 million.

If they had just paid Beaty, they would have saved themselves two football infractions and a little over $100,000

https://www.kansas.com/latest-news/a...243470571.html

Comment

To try to avoid paying Beaty $3 mill, KU dug through film until they found a Level 2 violation in FB and turned that in to the NCAA. That resulted in an investigation that revealed the same violation was still occurring, which led to another violation for the FB program Both are minor, but they add to KU's institutional control issue.

Beaty sued and KU fought that in court to the tune of $554,788 in outside legal fees (prior to any unbilled amounts in June). Then they settled the case for $2.55 million.

If they had just paid Beaty, they would have saved themselves two football infractions and a little over $100,000

https://www.kansas.com/latest-news/a...243470571.html
        You have to remember that we are not talking about rational thinking. We are talking about the cheating chickenhawks and their mindset that they are a blueblood God and are above the rules. All the trash chickenhawks fans talk about is that Duke , North Carolina, and Kentuckky are cheating and they are not having to go through this.

The big difference between those schools and the chickenhawks is that there head coaches and assistants were not stupid enough to get caught on audio tapes and text messages participating in the cheating of recruiting of players. And I understand that the NCAA even has more evidence on the chickenhawks. Self is nothing but a cheating lying piece of sht. And I would call him a liar to his face if I ever met him. He should suffer the same fate as Bruce Pearl did when he was caught cheating on video of the recruiting of a player when he was at Tennessee.

I love the fact that Dave Beaty kicked their butts. So much for their arrogance and going to court. Tick tock tick tock it is just a matter of time before the NCAA bombs explodes on the cheaters.

Comment

• Ha ha... Lawrence

Rufus Wainwright released the charming video "You Ain't Big," as well as a documentary on the making of his LP, 'Unfollow the Rules.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Ha ha... Lawrence

Rufus Wainwright released the charming video "You Ain't Big," as well as a documentary on the making of his LP, 'Unfollow the Rules.'

Loved Rufus Wainwright before, love him even more now.

Comment

• At the time WSU was"allegedly" paying players, there were two interesting employees at Bank IV, Ron Heller and Dave Skinner. That seemed rather - let's call it "convenient".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

At the time WSU was"allegedly" paying players, there were two interesting employees at Bank IV, Ron Heller and Dave Skinner. That seemed rather - let's call it "convenient".
                Convenient. Ron Heller and Dave Skinner. The things I’ve heard about them is that they were both stand up guys. Maybe others know more but the things I’ve heard wouldn’t equate Ron Heller and Dave Skinner to TJ Gassnola. Not even close but I only know them by reputation.

Comment

• Wow, I bet a hell of a lot of our donors, supporters and former players work at banks. How convenient.

Comment

• Cade Cunningham has reaffirmed his commitment to play for Okie State, despite the post-season ban. Says they have the best fan base. But I have seen that almost-empty arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                      Cade Cunningham has reaffirmed his commitment to play for Okie State, despite the post-season ban. Says they have the best fan base. But I have seen that almost-empty arena.
                      Even Tulsa players spout that...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Cade Cunningham has reaffirmed his commitment to play for Okie State, despite the post-season ban. Says they have the best fan base. But I have seen that almost-empty arena.
                        Maybe he's talking about football. Or maybe he just likes the color orange. That's a lot of empty orange chairbacks.

Football is a different matter. 45-50k is not uncommon for a football game.

Comment

Maybe Best = Most generous

Comment

• Ya I’m guessing okie state sweetened the pot for him to make it more enticing than the g-league offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Ya I’m guessing okie state sweetened the pot for him to make it more enticing than the g-league offer.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X