No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it comes to KU, I will believe it only when it happens. Although they did just lose a lawsuit where they tried to throw their ex-football coach under the bus for minor violations. Meanwhile, the athletic department seems to actually endorse cheating by the basketball program. What a bunch of hypocrites

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      I just hope they get what they deserve.
      Why is the NCAA waiting until 2021 for a verdict? Oh, wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Why is the NCAA waiting until 2021 for a verdict? Oh, wait...
        They're going to try sweeping it under "The Rug" when we're not looking.
        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• I'll take a stab in the dark. I'm guessing 3 years probation with a 2 year tournament ban, loss of 2 scholarships for minimum 2 years and both Self and Townsend get a show cause. The hammer will drop on KU, its not a question of if, but when..

Comment

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
            I'll take a stab in the dark. I'm guessing 3 years probation with a 2 year tournament ban, loss of 2 scholarships for minimum 2 years and both Self and Townsend get a show cause. The hammer will drop on KU, its not a question of if, but when..
            I think this is accurate, Then KU will go to the legal system and attempt to postpone the penalties as long as possible.

In my opinion, that will be a misuse of the legal system for the sole purpose of delaying a penalty. There will be cases that legitimately need to be heard by the legal system that will be postponed because KU wants to delay their penalties.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I think this is accurate, Then KU will go to the legal system and attempt to postpone the penalties as long as possible.

In my opinion, that will be a misuse of the legal system for the sole purpose of delaying a penalty. There will be cases that legitimately need to be heard by the legal system that will be postponed because KU wants to delay their penalties.
              I know I've said this before, but the Spur's head coach (Popovich) is 71 and there seems to be persistent rumors he will retire and the rug will replace him. Rug is a good coach, he just cheats too much. NBA might be a good place for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

And across the nation in cities that don't rhyme with "laurence" there was heard...

In actual "law" offices:

in many a mother's basement:

In outer space:

In apartments in big cities:

In NBA Arenas where Royalty weigh in:
                ​

In the mirror of some guy named Bill:

but in cities that rhyme with lawrents....

Well done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

It would be an interesting case and put the spotlight on not just KU but the NCAA as well. From a legal perspective, KU probably did nothing wrong, it's NCAA violations that are at play, which in and of itself may be "illegal".

Comment

• LMAO The arrogance of the chickenhawks and their fan base continues. I love it when they claim all of the power 5 schools support them and that the NCAA basketball tournament can not function without them. WRONG! I love the qoute when they say" everybody is doing it and we should not be punished for what everybody is doing in college basketball. " WRONG AGAIN The typical statements you see are " You fight them Bill the NCAA does not have the right to selectively punish KU"" WRONG WRONG AND AGAIN WRONG. Talking about sht for brain thinking. If KU did not want to follow the rules they should have not voluntarily joined the NCAA.

This is not a criminal case. So the chickehawk clowns need to stop talking about the criminal standard of guilty beyound a reasonable doubt or making dumb statements that Bill did not know they were making payments to the players etc. So even if true its irrelevant. The simple fact is that KU got caught cheating on audio tapes, text messages, and actual payments to players and their guardians by a guy that was clearly steering players to KU. The Gassnola guy was a booster. So it doesn't matter if pee brain Bill says he didn't know about the payments. In my opinion Bill is a liar and if he didn't know he should have known. ku is not a victim but a co-conspirator. And the NCAA has the goods on them.

If the chickenhawk clown AD and Bill file a lawsuit, I will love it. Because that means the NCAA will be able to subpoena records and take Gassnola deposition along with others. And we all know how that lawsuit turned out for the chickenhawks when they tried to play hard ball with Dave Beaty the former football coach. As usual KU lied and tried to destroy the man's reputation by saying he committed major NCAA violations. LIARS KU had to settle when Beaty's lawyers starting going after all that evidence that they tried to hide. You dont settle a lawsuit unless you know that you have done something wrong. I suspect the NCAA lawyers will do the same. If the AD and Cheating Bill are so dumb to file a lawsuit against the NCAA than they better gear up. There will be no mercy and no prisoners.

Comment

• They're doing everything to trick the system, and they may very well get away with it.

They settled just in time with the old football coach to argue separation of football and basketball from the dreaded "lack of institutional control" as well as to get the new independent group (that I don't think has been utilized yet) to look only at basketball and not football.

If they hadn't come to terms, they would have opened themselves up to a variety of potentially damaging inquiries and testimonies which likely would have gone very, very bad for them.

Now they'll argue separation, in 2 ways, don't listen to my brother, don't listen to MY brother, and hope nobody pays close enough attention in a court of law, because the most common of senses can see the crimes.

BILL SELF, ADIDAS, DOUG COMPTON. CRIMINALS.

Comment

• I will say that KU better be careful with pushing the NCAA and fighting it. Because if it gets to a lawsuit and it is opened up for discovery, a whole other can of worms could open and the flood gates of all the skeletons in the KU closet will come to light. And believe me, what is out there is only the tip of the iceberg. They do not want all of it to come out.

Comment

• Can a student sue a college if they get kicked out for cheating on a test? I mean, it's technically not illegal, it's just a silly rule. Rules and laws are not the same thing are they?

Comment

• I harken back to the days when Tex Winters or Ted Owens allegedly turned in WSU.
                            We got put on 3 years probation because someone gave Antione Carr a used leather coat.

Clearly KU was involved in buying players for a lot of money, six figures.

Surely they should be suspended for at least two, probably three years.

I doubt seriously that will happen.

As Tark the Shark used to say: "Well, they caught Kentucky cheating again, time to put East Tennessee State on probation for 3 years."

That is how it really works.

But this time, it all originated from the feds and the FBI, so the NCAA can't just sweep it under the rug.

I hope KU takes it in the shorts, they are a bunch of cheaters and richly dserve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              I will say that KU better be careful with pushing the NCAA and fighting it. Because if it gets to a lawsuit and it is opened up for discovery, a whole other can of worms could open and the flood gates of all the skeletons in the KU closet will come to light. And believe me, what I thinks out there is only the tip of the iceberg. They do not want all of it to come out.
                              This is correct. This is also the reason that Kansas caved and paid Beatty. Discovery into the football program sinks the basketball program. Kansas is flexing their muscles because they know that taking the NCAA to court opens up Pandora's box. They are fighting hard now because they are defensless once discovery comes into play.

It's why the Zion lawsuit will probably die; a Duke donor(s) will be asked to pay off Gina Ford. The problem for Duke isn't settling, the problem is Gina Ford is a slimy agent and her number might be a lot higher than paying off an FBS football coach that only managed a couple of FCS wins over several years. Zion Williamson isn't loyal to Duke and isn't paying. Duke needs to get Ford paid to close this deal. No lawsuit = no NCAA investigation. Duke settling with Gina Ford ends discovery and Dick Vitale and Pat Forde can sing the praises of the clean cut Duke Blue Devils.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Thought we were about to lose our president today. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed

Comment

Working...
                                X