• Show
Clear All

• Indignant Chicken fan be like:

desktop.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      Indignant Chicken fan be like:

desktop.jpg
      When I see this kid my mind automatically thinks Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Were they implicated in the FBI sting?

No offense Kel, but, "seem like nothing?"

Those chickenhawk players have been running roughshod all over Lawrence for the last 10+ years. The ncaa is just now getting to a lack of institutional control? We've heard of no such stories coming out of chapel hill or lexington. And yes, we're aware of the academic fraud. Does ku not have academic fraud on campus?

But the Rug deserves some credit for dumping L. vick at about the same time all of this was blowing up. Good pr move. But alas...
        I was being a tad facetious. But if it's going on at KU, and they're losing recruits to Duke and UK consistently, one can connect the dots.

The other aspect of this is that my hatred for Duke and UK runs much deeper than my dislike for KU.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

The other aspect of this is that my hatred for Duke and UK runs much deeper than my dislike for KU.
          Six of one, half a dozen of another.

Comment

• Screw all of the cheating blue bloods

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Six of one, half a dozen of another.
              No, only one of those three have actually undermined WSU financially, academically, and organizationally.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, only one of those three have actually undermined WSU financially, academically, and organizationally.
                BINGO!

Further, traditionally, high level recruits have, and are, going to pick a school with the most post-season success at the highest level. With all offense directed to ku, UNC and UK have the Chickens whipped in the department. They don't have to cheat to take a recruit from ku, specifically. I'd say it's the other way around.

All that being said, 2 years probation w/ minor sanctions.
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 24, 2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Talked to a chicken fan today completely convinced that this is the end of the NCAA. The delusion runs deep.

TOTALLY convinced.

Comment

• KU fan is of the opinion that unless the NCAA rolls over and plays dead KU will sue them out of existence.

I have a feeling that the NCAA has a lot more money to throw at lawyers than the KU Athletic Department.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Although I hate UNC and Dook, there is really no comparison to the way I feel about KU

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Duke, UNC and UK are all Nike. No one from Nike got caught by the FBI. The NCAA can't investigate private companies, they can't even investigate their own schools. They don't have subpoena power. They can literally tell the NCAA no when they ask to look into stuff. You can't do that to the FBI. Adidas just happened to get caught by the FBI for criminal charges. That's why KU and likely a couple others are in trouble. KU was the big dog for Adidas.
                        Its probably a safe bet that the NCAA has an eyeball or two on the Avenatti trial.

Comment

• Eff all of you Shocker net partisans...lol. But recruiting has always been my problem with Bill Self, not that he is that dirty, just too enamored with one-an-done's and maybe his own ego. Succumbed to the "blue blood" pressure and got greedy and then careless. But he has been loyal to the Kansas program, unlike Roy Williams, so I wish him the best. I think he is probably going to continue to "wheel and deal" at KU for some time to come, and just in the nick of time he is now backed up by a competent Chancellor and AD.

Comment

• Well, if Sean Miller and Will Wade can survive, so can The Rug, but if a "show cause" order materializes it may be an entirely different story. Probably time to take one of those NBA jobs that get rumored for him now and then.

Comment

• I bet he gets a 3 year show cause, goes to OKC, and KU hires Tad.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Marshall to KU. You heard it here first. And while it should be last - it will not be.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X