No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Shox Offseason Predictions and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocking, Self's no panzy...just a bit devious and stubborn, and I suspect he holds grudges. Is the KU Athletic Department administration a bunch of panzies? They most assuredly are.

Comment

• golferc
      golferc commented
      Editing a comment
      guess selfie does not forget losing to shocks. Shocking

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      ... but true.

• Personally, I love having the Bragging rights.

At this point in time, anything less than a 4 year home and home contract with KU or KS should be answered with - Are You Shitting Me!

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
      Personally, I love having the Bragging rights.

At this point in time, anything less than a 4 year home and home contract with KU or KS should be answered with - Are You Shitting Me!
      come-onnn-yer.jpg
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• WstateU - Great Find.

Comment

• "AAC Basketball: Way Too Early Preseason Rankings for 2018-19" - FanSided Sports

by Tristan Freeman
          Posted: 04/09/19, 8:00am cst

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/04/...s-for-2018-19/

"AAC Basketball will be undergoing some huge roster changes in the off-season. How will that affect the hierarchy of the league?

AAC Basketball is considered the seventh “power conference” of the college basketball world, consistently getting at least three teams in the NCAA Tournament. That only improved with the addition of Wichita State, who finished tied for second place in their first full season with the league. The Shockers were one of a trio of AAC teams to get in, along with Cincinnati and Houston.

Unfortunately, none of them were able to make it to the Sweet Sixteen, which had to hurt both programs based on the number of seniors each team had. But now it’s time to look at the 2018-19 campaign, and it’s wide open as to who’ll win the league. The top teams lost plenty of talent, while those in the middle retain a good amount, making them legit threats for the AAC title. Here’s how these teams stack up early on.

12. South Florida Bulls 10-22 (3-15)
          11. Tulane Green Waves 14-17 (5-13)
          10. East Carolina Pirates 10-20 (4-14)
          9. Tulsa Hurricanes 19-12 (12-6)
          8. Temple Owls 17-16 (8-10)
          7. SMU Mustangs 17-16 (6-12)
          6. UConn Huskies 14-18 (7-11)
          5. Wichita State Shockers 25-8 (14-4)
          The loss of five seniors was going to be expected for Gregg Marshall and the Shockers, but they were at least hoping star guard Landry Shamet would stick around to help develop the next crop of players. But his departure to the NBA changes that. It leaves just Markis McDuffie and Austin Reaves to shoulder the load, with six new incoming players for Wichita State. The wise bet would be that Marshall turns those guys into future stars, but next year will be a “rebuilding” year for the program.
          4. Cincinnati Bearcats 31-5 (16-2)
          Cincinnati will be losing their top scorer in Jacob Evans to the NBA Draft, along with the starting frontcourt of Kyle Washington and AAC Player of the Year Gary Clark graduating. That leaves Jarron Cumberland as the only proven scorer left. The next starting frontcourt will still be solid defensively, but won’t be producing points as the previous duo. Mick Cronin will have to get creative in finding offense next season.
          3. Houston Cougars 27-8 (14-4)
          In most years in the Cougars program, they wouldn’t be able to overcome a loss of a 20 ppg scorer like Rob Gray Jr. However, Kevin Sampson has been gathering talent to prevent a drop-off, including top-100 shooting guard Nate Hinton. He’ll be joined by UMass transfers Dejon Jarreau and Brison Gresham, players with high upside. With Devin Davis and Corey Davis Jr. both returning, Houston definitely has a shot at staying near the top of the AAC.
          2. Memphis Tigers 21-13 (10-8)
          Tubby Smith leaving for Penny Hardaway to come in was great for local recruiting, but a loss in terms of coaching skill for the immediate future. Good thing for him is that he’ll have the top four scorers returning, all who’ll be seniors to boot. There have been three defections since the coaching change, including talented freshman Jamal Johnson. Depth will be an issue is not replaced, but Preseason AAC Player of the Year contender Jeremiah Martin will make the Tigers a legit threat.
          1. Central Florida Knights 19-13 (9-9)
          UCF Head Coach Johnny Dawkins really should get more credit for his coaching job this season missing his best player (BJ Taylor) in the non-conference, and the second-best (Tacko Fall) during conference play, along with his own son (Aubrey Dawkins) for the entire season. They will lose forward AJ Davis but returns everyone else for next season. The top five scoring defense will return as well, and hopefully, the extra bodies will make the seventh-worst scoring offense better. From a talent perspective, UCF has the best in the AAC. The question will be, whether the team will stay healthy or not. That will decide how good they ultimately end up."

Comment

• Stickboy46
            Stickboy46 commented
            Editing a comment
            lol at Memphis at #2 ...

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't see Memphis finishing 2nd either. Coaching changes can always affect a team but I can see why they put them there for now. I'd probably put Houston 1, UCF 2 and Memphis 3.

• "Rothstein Files | Jalen Brunson résumé unparalleled" - FanRag Sports

By Jon Rothstein
          Published: Apr 9, 2018 2:00am cst

"...2. UCF looks like the team to beat next season in the American Conference
          Mass departures at Cincinnati, Houston, and Wichita State have opened the door at the top of this league; the Knights look ready to take advantage. Tacko Fall’s decision to return to school next season instantly makes UCF one of the elite defensive teams in the sport, and it’s important to keep in mind that this team won 19 games last season despite being ravaged by injuries. Johnny Dawkins’ squad is in position to return seven of its top eight scorers from last season while adding a starter in former Michigan wing Aubrey Dawkins, who missed all of last year with a shoulder injury. George Washington transfer Collin Smith also figures to be an integral piece at 6-foot-11; he averaged 5.3 points and 4.4 rebounds two years ago. No team in the American Conference will have more known commodities entering next season than UCF...."

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Some may feel like eating. I feel like heaving. I guess I can do both.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 19, 2018, 11:47 AM.

• "AAC Basketball: Updated 2018-19 Preseason Rankings after first NBA Deadline" - FanSided Sports

by Tristan Freeman
            Posted: 04/23/18, 10:30am cst

Before we can really start preparing for the 2018-19 NCAA Basketball season, there are still many things that need to be taken care of. First off is the finalizing of the class of 2018 recruits, with some leftovers without a home. Another issue transfers, which has already made an impact in this league. But the biggest concern for not only the AAC but every team in the country is the decisions for players regarding the NBA Draft. The deadline has just passed for players to enter the draft, with a few surprises happening. A number of players have declared with an agent, while others have not.

That still leaves a lot of questions, but the overall picture of the AAC is starting to get clear. Here are the updated rankings for the league:

12. South Florida Bulls – Previous rank (12)
            11. Tulane Green Wave – Previous rank (11)
            10. East Carolina Pirates – Previous rank (10)
            9. Tulsa Hurricanes – Previous rank (9)
            8. Temple Owls – Previous rank (8)
            7. SMU Mustangs – Previous rank (7)
            6. Wichita State Shockers – Previous rank (5)
            5. Cincinnati Bearcats – Previous rank (4)
            4. UConn Huskies – Previous rank (6)
            3. Houston Cougars – Previous rank (3)
            2. Memphis Tigers – Previous rank (2)
            1. UCF Golden Knights – Previous rank (1)

Not much went on in the bottom half of the AAC, but the top half experienced some positive and negative news in the last few days. Memphis and UConn not only got commitments but the new head coaches also got recommitments from the returning players, setting themselves up well for the upcoming season.

Wichita State got a mixed bag of developments. On one hand, they got a nice late addition from the 2018 class. But they also lost one of the few remaining players with experience to the transfer market.

Here is exactly who is coming and going in the AAC: Additions/subtraction in the AAC

Wichita State had already lost a ton of talent thanks to graduations but now will lose one of the team’s key returning players in Austin Reaves. The sophomore started in a third of the Shockers games this past season, averaging 8.1 ppg while shooting 43% from three-point range.

Good news for Wichita State fans is that they may have found his immediate replacement in Jamarius Burton, a 6’5 combo guard from North Carolina. He’s a solid three-star recruit that will get immediate playing time. It’s a brand new era for Gregg Marshall’s program once again...."

Comment

• "College basketball national championship odds for 2018-19" - 247 Sports

By KEVIN FLAHERTY
              Posted: 06/03/18

"The saying goes that when looking to pick a champion for the NCAA Tournament, pick the field. Unfortunately, “the field” isn’t an option when it comes to laying down money on who’s going to win it all, not when filling out brackets in March and certainly not when laying down a futures bet on Bovada.lv.

With that in mind, Bovada released its odds for the next team to win it all in college basketball. With the odds being released so early, there are some teams that have inflated odds that probably won’t sniff a deep run in March. But on the other hand, there are some other teams that could very well emerge as national title contenders who don’t have great odds yet and therefore represent tremendous betting values.

Think about last year: At this time, Kansas and Villanova both had strong odds to hoist the trophy. And Villanova, of course, actually won. But what about Michigan and Loyola Chicago? A bet on either one of those teams to make the Final Four would probably have yielded a pretty nice return.

And that’s the ideal. Plenty of people will shovel out money on Duke or Kansas or Kentucky. And those are relatively safe bets. But finding a team that makes an unlikely jaunt to a title, and picking them before oddsmakers have figured out that they’re a title contender, well, that can really help the wallet.

So we’re here to help navigate those early odds, to say which ones look like solid bets, which ones look like intriguing long shots and, perhaps most importantly, which ones to say the heck away from:

1. WICHITA STATE
              50/1 is kind of a long shot, but it still might not be long enough for a Wichita State team that lost eight of the nine players to log a minute in the Shockers’ NCAA Tournament opening round loss to Marshall. Expect the Shockers to get a bit of a tune up through the line process and wind up somewhere much more palatable a bit, say 100/1 or somewhere around there. Seriously, the other 50/1 bets offer a bit more intrigue, while Wichita State doesn’t appear to be a great bet at that range. Considering I’d rather bet Cincinnati (65/1), Maryland (70/1), LSU (75/1) and Florida State (80/1), among others, if they had even odds with Wichita State, and they don’t, this is probably one to stay away from.,,,:

Comment

• It’s just my opinion but it seems like now a days coaches for us have come and gone but the one main stay throughout all these All-American & Professional careers is the guidance from HSCKR. He is the one common factor. Without that man, I doubt we would have a quarter of the success we have had.

I think we all know that GGG is largely responsible for our moving to the AAC but I’d have to say a close second is Trainer Rosemboom. From my understanding athletic training has become a major factor in today’s endeavors. These athletes spend many hours sculpting their body’s under his tutelage.

I sure hope those all these shocker athletes thank him for his work. Professional baseball studs, All-American track and field players, the latest pro hoopers who’s on the courts, and all of our athletes who are competing for a national championship this past weekend, thank HCKR for the many hours I know he has spent with them perfecting their craft and contributing to their stellar performance.

Comment

• GFY, loser.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shock Top
                    Shock Top commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The countdown to 30k is almost here! Better make it a good one!

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  GFY, loser.
                  Many of you told me to ignore ShockerFever; claiming he’s the first to run to admins and complain about minor little bull$#!*.

You’ve said that he has a laundry list full of “potential bannings” himself from the moderator team. I respect the moderators of this forum and know they have a tendency of giving a long leash. I’ve never seen one longer, and more manipulative, than his.

For what it is, I only wish you well ShockerFever; your protective of the ONLY thing you have in life, the nearly 30,000 posts on an internet forum; and I’m the “total nut job loser”.

To the ShockerNet Faithful, thank you for this forum; I hope I can be a contributing member to this great community. However, if I get close to eclipsing 30,000 posts on ANY message board, drag me out back and put me out of my misery. No liability.

To ShockerFever, get out of your basement for once and get a life! I’ve never watched a more depressing person before; and I’ve watched A LOT of Anthony Bourdain shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave from Tulsa View Post

Many of you told me to ignore ShockerFever; claiming he’s the first to run to admins and complain about minor little bull$#!*.

You’ve said that he has a laundry list full of “potential bannings” himself from the moderator team. I respect the moderators of this forum and know they have a tendency of giving a long leash. I’ve never seen one longer, and more manipulative, than his.

For what it is, I only wish you well ShockerFever; your protective of the ONLY thing you have in life, the nearly 30,000 posts on an internet forum; and I’m the “total nut job loser”.

To the ShockerNet Faithful, thank you for this forum; I hope I can be a contributing member to this great community. However, if I get close to eclipsing 30,000 posts on ANY message board, drag me out back and put me out of my misery. No liability.

To ShockerFever, get out of your basement for once and get a life! I’ve never watched a more depressing person before; and I’ve watched A LOT of Anthony Bourdain shows.
                    Do we really wanna go through your entire posting history, your numerous troll accounts, douchebag?

GTFO, you worthless tw*t waffle.
                    Last edited by ShockerFever; June 10, 2018, 01:32 PM.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave from Tulsa View Post
                      It’s just my opinion but it seems like now a days coaches for us have come and gone but the one main stay throughout all these All-American & Professional careers is the guidance from HSCKR. He is the one common factor. Without that man, I doubt we would have a quarter of the success we have had.

I think we all know that GGG is largely responsible for our moving to the AAC but I’d have to say a close second is Trainer Rosemboom. From my understanding athletic training has become a major factor in today’s endeavors. These athletes spend many hours sculpting their body’s under his tutelage.

I sure hope those all these shocker athletes thank him for his work. Professional baseball studs, All-American track and field players, the latest pro hoopers who’s on the courts, and all of our athletes who are competing for a national championship this past weekend, thank HCKR for the many hours I know he has spent with them perfecting their craft and contributing to their stellar performance.
                      Dave following will help you with the gentleman you are praising: Staff Directory

FULL STAFF
                      EXPAND

Kerry Rosenboom
                      Head Strength and Conditioning Coach

Phone: 316-978-3599
                      Email: krosenboom@goshockers.com

Kerry Rosenboom, a Wichita native, is entering his 31st year as the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach at Wichita State University. Rosenboom joined the Wichita State staff in September 1987, as the interim Strength & Conditioning Coach and was elevated to his present position in December 1987.

Rosenboom is among the most-accomplished mentors in his profession. He’s one of approximately 15 coaches nationwide who are registered as both a “Master Strength and Conditioning Coach” and “Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach Emeritus” (the top titles offered by the strength and conditioning world’s two-most well-known organizations, the CSCCa and NSCA).

Rosenboom regularly receives requests to share his knowledge around the country, especially in the area of weight-training for baseball players. He’s published numerous articles, including a series on weight training specifics for pitchers and position players that appeared in Collegiate Baseball Magazine. He also penned a chapter for the book, Peak Power for Baseball. He’s twice served as a guest speaker at the American Baseball Coaches Association’s National Convention. Rosenboom also spoke at the NSCA National Convention in 1993, as well as guest lecturer at the Syd Thrift International Baseball Institute.

Over the years, Rosenboom has been offered head strength and conditioning coach positions by several MLB and NBA organizations, but has remained true to the Shockers. Still, he’s made an impact at the highest levels. Through his “Weight-Training for Baseball” consulting business he has trained over 100 players that have made it to the Major Leagues. He’s also trained numerous professional basketball players, including current NBA and former Wichita State Shockers players Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet.

As the Strength & Conditioning coach at Wichita State Rosenboom trained the 1989 National Championship baseball team, as well as the 2011 NIT Championship basketball team. The Shocker basketball team continued their success with trips to the 2013 Final Four and the 2015 Sweet 16. The 2014 squad ran the table in the regular season, becoming the first team in 23 years to enter the NCAA Tournament with an unbeaten record.

Rosenboom is a two-time winner of the now discontinued Missouri Valley Conference Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year Award.

Rosenboom earned Bachelor of Science degrees in Fitness Management and Business Administration at Kansas Newman College, while lettering four years in baseball. He was named to the All-District 10 honorable mention team as a relief pitcher is 1987. He finished his career at Kansas Newman ranked in the top 10 in numerous career and single season record categories.

He and his wife, Jean, have three children, Kayla, Tyler and Katie, as well as three grandchildren Brycen, Addison, and Tate.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ^^^ Gym Wizard Extraordinaire!

T

...:cool:

• "College basketball odds: .... to make it to the 2019 Final Four" - CBS Sports

by Kyle Boone
                      Posted: Jun 26, 2018

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...19-final-four/
                      Duke 5-1 5-4
                      Kentucky 5-1 5-4
                      Kansas 6-1 5-4
                      Oregon 7-1 5-1
                      Nevada 12-1 3-1
                      North Carolina 18-1 9-2
                      Michigan State 20-1 9-2
                      Virginia 20-1 9-2
                      UCLA 20-1 7-1