No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Shox Offseason Predictions and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have 4 freshmen coming in. Realistically, we cannot sign more than one more freshmen without risking being in this same position again in 4 years. We could use a really good JUCO transfer and maybe a grad transfer.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus Rod Brown will be in next season's freshmen class as well.

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought Rod ran out of eligibility and is now playing for the Knicks?

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

The bears say hi.
    Could he be great? Absolutely. But what on Earth did you see from him this season to think that he's capable of playing significant minutes in an AAC game?
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Who will be on campus this wkend

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

Could he be great? Absolutely. But what on Earth did you see from him this season to think that he's capable of playing significant minutes in an AAC game?
        Coach Marshall said he was really talented, he just needed to get tougher and meaner. You can coach toughness, it harder to coach raw talent. So it is possible he could take a big jump between this and next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

Who be "he"?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Walker
            Walker commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they were referring to Asbjorn.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
            Rocky Mountain Shock commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude was referring to Miitgard, but Wheat was referring to both Poor Bear and God Bear.

• It's going to be tough after losing 6 seniors and our best player. I'd feel much better if we had Landry coming back along with Mr. Lomax coming here but that's how the cookie crumbles I guess. Landing Akinjo and convincing a solid grad transfer to come her would be awesome, but even then I think this next season is going to be a dog fight. Every time it looks like the team is going to drop off, 3G finds a way to maintain a level of excellence. We might see a lot more angry 3G like we did in the past, but this team will still maintain a high level.

Comment

• Natfali Alverez plus a grad Transfer

Comment

• ShockerPhi
              ShockerPhi commented
              Editing a comment
              Plus Serrel Smith

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            My ultimate wish is to very soon see another Shocker team with four players who can match the skills and talent of one each Fred, Ron, Cotton, and Cle.
            I think around 345 other teams would wish for something similar.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• im4wsu
              im4wsu commented
              Editing a comment
              Leaving out the MVC?

• 60Shock
              60Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              That's alright, but I asked FIRST!

• BOBB
              BOBB commented
              Editing a comment
              Clarifying that almost every DI team wishes they had four players of the Ron, Fred, Cle and Cotton caliber. I think 345 teams hope we never have that again.

• This has to be the most interesting offseason in recent history*

*As far as team news goes. Excluding the move to the AAC.
            The Assman

Comment

• RH: American Off-season Marked by Big Change

http://goshockers.com/news/2018/4/3/...ig-change.aspx

Comment

• https://sports.yahoo.com/duke-not-vi...142708613.html Dont know if this has been posted but Vegas has us at 40 to 1
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• 60Shock
                  60Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ranks right up there with snowballs in hell.

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                RH: American Off-season Marked by Big Change

http://goshockers.com/news/2018/4/3/...ig-change.aspx
                Paul does a nice job. Interesting recap of end of game scenarios.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• I don't mind all of the transfers as none were going to make an impact. Better for everyone.
                  Although I was one of SHJ's toughest critics I'm not ready to kick him to the curb as he showed
                  he has lots of potential. He could very well start. I think he has higher potential upside than MM.
                  I thought MM played very soft this season and never seemed to blend into the offense. Hope he
                  toughens up and makes me eat crow. Despite all the set backs I am as excited as ever about
                  next season. I think ES will play SF and give us a threat we didn't have there this past year. CM
                  could be good, as well.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    ShockingButTrue commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SHJ was at least a reliable ball handler. That's been a rare commodity the last several years.

• I've never watched the summer scrimmages, but would imagine when FVV and RB were here, they tried to start teaching our stuff/plays to the new guys. Can Austin, SHJ, RB, AM and Duff do that or are we going to be way behind the curve by the time practices start? Maybe this belongs in the leadership thread, but I think Austin is the most likely candidate to take on this role.

No matter how skilled the new guys are, if they don't get some direction from our veterans during the summer, we'll have to hope they are quick learners or round into shape by conference season.

HCGM and his staff will earn their paychecks this fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by [URL="https://shockernet.net/member/4448-shockingbuttrue"
                    ShockingButTrue[/URL]

SHJ was at least a reliable ball handler. That's been a rare commodity the last several years.
                    He just gave it away by driving and having an opponent big snatch his "shot" out of mid air.

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      at least he can drive it. Our other guys couldn't get to the hole like SHJ, he just needs to learn how to protect he ball once he gets in there and stop lobbing up floaters for the big men to pick off.

• im4wsu
                      im4wsu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dan, lots of our guys can get there, but few can do anything once they're there.

btw, does having a shot blocked count as only a FGA or both a FGA and a turnover (assuming we lose possession) or just a turnover (losing possession)? If a blocked shot goes out of bounds, shooting team retaining possession, what are the statistical categories affected?
                  Working...
                  X