No announcement yet.

2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually I think Nova wins 7 out of 7. They looked really good and KU looked like...well, what we thought they were. I thought they were doing it with mirrors all along; I guess it's a credit to them that they got away with it this long. Even with the refs trying to even it up the Squawks couldn't make it a game.

"Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• KU fans are punch drunk thinking they'd win a series against Nova. Nova just beat the top three Big 12 teams in the tourney and all by double digit margins. Heck, they even shot 4 for 25 beyond the three point line against West Virginia and still beat them by 12. Sweeping the best three teams who are in the supposedly toughest conference in the nation speaks volumes.

Comment

• Eric
        Eric commented
        Editing a comment
        Those assholes believe that KU is so great they should just be handed the trophy every year before the season starts.

• I suppose if KU lit it up from behind the arc, they could win 1, maybe 2. Nova is freaking good!
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• The name of the game thread on Phognet is telling — “Official Blueblood versus New Money Final Four Game.” Could they be any more arrogant?

Comment

• Yeah, but we are talking about the same fan base that says "Yeah, but a Valley team would never beat the best team in the b12!" after all. As if it hasn't happened more than a few times in the last several years alone.

Could they possibly be any more stupid? God**** Snowflakes.

Comment

• Now KU knows how we feel when teams go off on us shooting 3's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Fever, what is the plan going forward? I am concerned about your icon rooting interest being changed back to the shockers given the outcomes in this tournament.
              You tell me.

I cringe every time I sign on and see that hideous thing.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Topshock
                Topshock commented
                Editing a comment
                A dilemma! I mean something has to be done about the current one but I don't know what the answer is.

• Shocker Mama
                Shocker Mama commented
                Editing a comment
                We may need to do some sort of exorcism.

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Switch it to Michigan so that Nova will win!

• Marty McFly.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You tell me.

I cringe every time I sign on and see that hideous thing.
                Replace it with WU choking the beaker bird

Comment

• I understand the gloating about The Flagship (as always, I didn't watch, but in this case was delighted by the outcome) -- but let's not forget about Houston, either.

Gotta be a lot of head-shaking there considering the outcome of their game against Michigan -- Gray's cute little bun might come loose. I still can't figure out why he didn't get in position to put one of his Ronnie Lott moves on Poole the way he did Reaves. In the first place, he probably wouldn't have been called for a foul, because he doesn't commit fouls; but even if Poole had needed to make three FTs to win that's hardly automatic, even for an 80% foul shooter, with everything on the line.

Oh, and by the way, I assume if Poole had been playing for the Shocks he'd have missed that shot against Houston, because that's what Marshall's guys do with the game hanging in the balance, right?

Comment

• What's all this KU hate here? I'm a KU grad after all...we have feelings too.

Seriously, now need to focus on where WSU will be next year minus Lomax and Shamet plus 6 seniors. Could be interesting if Marshall can dig up a point guard or two. Got to say in retrospect I don't think it was very honorable for Hardaway to allow Lomax to go back on his LOI. Didn't exactly take the high road did he? Really hoping that Marshall can now fill the void with two quality scholarship recruits...

Comment

• I look for Michigan to put up a better fight tonight than the Chickens did on Saturday. They play smarter, have a better coach, and come from a better conference, which has prepared them for the opponent they'll be facing tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      I look for Michigan to put up a better fight tonight than the Chickens did on Saturday. They play smarter, have a better coach, and come from a better conference, which has prepared them for the opponent they'll be facing tonight.
                      I don't. Michigan doesn't have the firepower to stay with Nova. I think it gets ugly and quickly.

Comment

• Michigan has to play perfect to win... Villanova can have a bad game and still win

Comment

• Nova is #1 in the nation in 3pt field goals made while Michigan is #11. Meanwhile, Nova is #33 in 3pt defense while Michigan is #50 in all of D1. Whose strength will come out on top? My pick - Nova.

Any team that loses to Northwestern and LSU and has had some very close games in the NCAA tourney (should've lost to Houston), facing an opponent who has won its last 10 and is 5 - 0 in the NCAA tourney with an average margin of victory of 18 points is not going to get my pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X