2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
    So, are you guys going to hold your noses and root BIG EAST vs the Chickenhawks?
    PS. Butler and Florida coaches set up a home/home on twitter today. What would a twitter convo from Marshall to Self proposing a home/home look like?
    I like the Big East. The American and the Big East are the same thing in a lot of ways... The American technically is the old big east legally. It’s two different off shoots of the same conference. I don’t have any problem rooting for them. I even like Creighton in a love hate kinda way. I’m actually disappointed we haven’t started things back up. I have no rivalry towards the Big East and it makes no sense to me that there isn’t already a Big East/American challenge each season. Must be some bad blood at the top. Oh well...go Nova and Loyola.

Comment

So, are you guys going to hold your noses and root BIG EAST vs the Chickenhawks?
      PS. Butler and Florida coaches set up a home/home on twitter today. What would a twitter convo from Marshall to Self proposing a home/home look like?
      I have no problem cheering for the one team holding the Big East up ... Nova...

As far as the second question .... does either even have a twitter (Marshall doesn't)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Do you really want me to put that nasty bird avatar up for a week?
        I just wanted you to consider the possibility.

Now that you went off the rails and did it, can you avoid posting for a while so I don't have to look at that damn thing?
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

I just wanted you to consider the possibility.

Now that you went off the rails and did it, can you avoid posting for a while so I don't have to look at that damn thing?
          Sure.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have nothing against Villanova. I think Jay Wright is a great coach who runs a clean program and does things the right way. I have 100% respect for the guy and his program. On Saturday, Nova is my second favorite CBB team.

Twitter convo:
            Marshall: Hey Bill, that 2015 game was epic and great for the state. Wanna meet up next year so we can kick your ass again?
            Self: Oh sorry Gregg. I have to go shred some paperwork. Maybe some other time.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I hope KU misses all their 3s and loses by 40.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Glad I checked Facebook. I had no idea that KU had to overcome all those doubters. I was confused at how they got jobbed so much, with given their #1 seed and having to run the gauntlet of all NCAA tourney gauntlets and all the disadvantages. Having to bus it to the far reaches of the country and what not.

Had no idea.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
                  Horn28Clem30 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Technically they kind of did...not many experts at all had them beating Duke.

• im4wsu
                  im4wsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  [QUOTE=Horn28Clem30 commented

Technically they kind of did...not many experts at all had them beating Duke. [/QUOTE]

Ah, but the officials may have!

• ShockerPrez
                  ShockerPrez commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True, but proving haters wrong as a 1 seed in front of your home crowd sniffs a little Francis Buxtonesque.

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Glad I checked Facebook. I had no idea that KU had to overcome all those doubters. I was confused at how they got jobbed so much, with given their #1 seed and having to run the gauntlet of all NCAA tourney gauntlets and all the disadvantages. Having to bus it to the far reaches of the country and what not.

Had no idea.
                I'm also amazed by how many people know what RCJH is ... considering they have never said it before in their life before this week....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm also amazed by how many people know what RCJH is ... considering they have never said it before in their life before this week....
                  RCCFKU!

Comment

• Why didn't we offer the Loyola guards Richardson or Kuster (the two Overland Park, Kansas players)?

Comment

• pinstripers
                      pinstripers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      think we tried for Custer when he left ISU

• Originally posted by ShockerMarch View Post
                    Why didn't we offer the Loyola guards Richardson or Kuster (the two Overland Park, Kansas players)?

It appears that we did at least look at them.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• The sister Jean thing is out of control.

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
                        Horn28Clem30 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is exactly why i've despised Loyola winning. It should be about the players, not some 98 year old lady!

• Originally posted by ShockerMarch View Post
                      Why didn't we offer the Loyola guards Richardson or Kuster (the two Overland Park, Kansas players)?
                      When Gregg was the guest coaching analyst on the tube last weekend, he said that we recruited Custer the first time and he went to Iowa State and the second time, we didn't have a scholarship (he didn't say but I think we still recruited him). Gregg didn't mention Richardson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        The sister Jean thing is out of control.

I’d think a 98 year old sister would remember the vows she took and try to be more like Jesus and what not. But apparently those closest to God can’t get enough of the limelight and almighty fame when the time comes either.

And yes, it very much is taking away the moment from the actual team. You’d think she’d realize it and take a step back.

Ive been over this thing for a few weeks now. Extremely nauseating.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
                          Horn28Clem30 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agreed completely. Everyone said I was an asshole for cheering for Nevada and K St strictly cuz i'm tired of seeing her!

• With all the crazy news out there...it's a good story. I'm surprised the media is even picking up on it in this day of age but I suppose snowflakes don't watch sports. I'm also surprised their (the snowflakes) are not protesting her being on tv so much. At least I haven't heard of any yet.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                        X