2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
    I could care less about he said, she said about any MVC team saying shat about our Shockers, this is a great story regarding Loyola...I'm on board...Go Ramblrrs.
    Just change your name back

Comment

• michigan usually plays their best basketball in march. win or lose tonight, beilein is a great coach.

Comment

• Houston fans have to be going crazy right now, they're the only ones who had the game won against Michigan.

Comment

• I wonder the last Final Four game where both teams were basically beat at the buzzer earlier in the tournament

Comment

• another shocker
            another shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            it's probably happened more than some might think.

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          Why is the Rambler's mascot a wolf?
          The school's name is in reference to St Ignatius of Loyola (Jesuit priest) whose family crest had wolves on it and family colors were maroon and gold. Fun fact is that their mascot used to be a hobo named Bo the Rambler until the administration decided they didn't want a hobo to be used as a symbol of their school anymore

Comment

• Nice story, but as soon as the chaplaincy opens up at Villanova, Sister Jean is gone. And I heard she’s already on a plane to Cincinnati to meet with Xavier. (Someone should track it!) Loyola’s just not a destination job. Maybe she’ll wait a few years if she’s got kids in school in Chicago or something.

Comment

• shoxtop
              shoxtop commented
              Editing a comment
              Post of the year

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Just change your name back
            I will always have an affinity to were we hung our hat for all those years. I also have affinity to a feel good story.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
              Safe to say loyola is the new flagship of the mvc?
              The key to life outside of power five (6) conferences is to dominate your conference every year. The WSU void gives a new team in the MVC a chance to do so... looks like Loyola has at least two years at the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                I wouldn't knock Weber or KSU...they had a good year. Too bad Wade was injured and out of the tournament for all intents.

Loyola's run reminds me of WSU's first run to the Final Four in 1965. We limped into the tournament without Dave Stallworth or Nate Bowman but with the "luck of the draw" were in the weakest of the four regionals...the Midwest regional. That was a time when regionals were made up of only teams in their respective region. In the regional final, we defeated a more physically talented Oklahoma State team with ball control and good shot selection, but then went on to get hammered in the Final Four. The positive is that we took it to the limit in terms of our talent level. Great to see mid-majors like Loyola do that.
                you forgot to mention that if stallworth and bowman had played in that tournament wichita state/u would have a national championship banner hanging up in the rafters. how could you forget that?

and loyola had to beat miami and tennessee to reach the elite eight (okay, k-state was an easy touch).. they did not have an easy road/weak regional/dean wade wouldn't have mattered.
                Last edited by another shocker; March 25, 2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• wichita
                  wichita commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree, think if Stallworth & Bowman were eligible that 2nd semester, WSU wins it all.
                  Still think that was best WSU team ever: Stallworth, bowman, Jamie Thompson, John Criss, Kelly Pete, etc.

• One day only: Go Dook!!! Go Nova!!!
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

you forgot to mention that if stallworth and bowman had played in that tournament wichita state/u would have a national championship banner hanging up in the rafters. how could you forget that?

and loyola had to beat miami and tennessee to reach the elite eight (okay, k-state was an easy touch).. they did not have an easy road/weak regional/dean wade wouldn't have mattered.
                  I think KjSU actually had played better at the end of this year without Dean Wade -- no disrespect intended, just observation.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Topshock
                    Topshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What I thought also.

• Shox The Revenant
                    Shox The Revenant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    KSU may end up making another deep run next year in the tourney, they return every starter (assuming Wade doesn't turn pro which I simply don't see).

• Jalen Brunson reminds me so much of Malcolm Armstead. Imagine him running point on this year's Shocker team.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I don’t think KU could get past Nova. I don’t think they’ll get past Duke first either.

That means they are likely to win it all now.
                    The Assman

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                      ShockingButTrue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You didn't mention the Wolverines.

• Meh, no surprises here: Nova asserting its dominance over an inferior, overachieving, b12 team. They're not ready.

As for the next game, it seems if the Chickens don't get caught up in a game of who's above who in the pecking order it could be a close game. If they can't avoid that mindset they'll be fighting a losing battle, taking into consideration Duke's superiority in the month of March. The Chickens still have a lot of ground to cover, but hey, that's why they play the games.

Comment

• Tech suffering from refs non-calls. They might as well be playing KY in Rupp Arena.
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                      X