No announcement yet.

Official Selection Show Watch Party Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were #14 overall which makes us the 2nd 4 seed.

Comment

• How long will it take till someone talks about the football connection tragedy to Marshall vs Shox. Lots of points of interest. Marshall vs Marshall. Thundering Herd tragedy...We are Marshall and the Shox. props to my wife for thinking of this.

Comment

• Just like us as a 10 seed, I would expect their fans to not expect a loss.

Also... I think Alabama can beat Villanova. They can out physical and use their length and athleticism to take Nova out of their game. But, if we both get to the Sweet 16, that is a matchup that worries me for the Shox also.

I think you will see a lot of chalk first round. It could blow up second round.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
          According to their message board, Marshall thinks they are going to the Sweet 16. More afraid of Murray State than WV after they beat us.
          Marshall fans have a severe hatred for the AAC. They're real mad about being left behind in the sinking ship that is CUSA, particularly that ECU, Tulane, and Tulsa got in over them.

Comment

• Seth Greenberg just called Marshall over Wichita State. There is the bulletin board material for a game where we are actually properly seeded.

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Still butthurt about that JT Durley 3 huh Seth?

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
            According to their message board, Marshall thinks they are going to the Sweet 16. More afraid of Murray State than WV after they beat us.
            Easy nubs.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Really... coming from a player in Columbia, Mo???

Missouri had received an at-large bid, and the crowd greeted the news with cheers. However, the Tigers had to wait a while to find out where they would be seeded, and who they would face in the first round. As the 8 and 9 seeds in the Midwest region — where the winner would face 1-seed Kansas — were announced, fans tensed in anticipation, hungry for a resurrection of the Border War.

Those two spots went to Seton Hall and North Carolina State, and some grumbled in disappointment. Puryear, a Kansas City native, was in the minority — he was happy the Tigers weren't sent to Wichita, where Kansas will play its first and second round games.

“I was praying to god we wouldn’t end up in Wichita," Puryear said, with a smile. "There is literally nothing in Wichita."

Bro, just be honest... you didn't want to come to Wichita because KU would stomp you guys.

I guess if he did come here, he could see a team with 7 back to back ncaa tournament appearances.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                Really... coming from a player in Columbia, Mo???

Missouri had received an at-large bid, and the crowd greeted the news with cheers. However, the Tigers had to wait a while to find out where they would be seeded, and who they would face in the first round. As the 8 and 9 seeds in the Midwest region — where the winner would face 1-seed Kansas — were announced, fans tensed in anticipation, hungry for a resurrection of the Border War.

Those two spots went to Seton Hall and North Carolina State, and some grumbled in disappointment. Puryear, a Kansas City native, was in the minority — he was happy the Tigers weren't sent to Wichita, where Kansas will play its first and second round games.

“I was praying to god we wouldn’t end up in Wichita," Puryear said, with a smile. "There is literally nothing in Wichita."

Bro, just be honest... you didn't want to come to Wichita because KU would stomp you guys.

I guess if he did come here, he could see a team with 7 back to back ncaa tournament appearances.
                I love the KC superiority complex. They are the lower end of cities that are in the major sports market. They are a nothing though compared to real cities. Just flyover country.

KC people just love thumbing the noses thinking they're "big time", but they're really on the bottom of the mountain. When I lived in NJ for a while, I would talk to people who had to go to work in KC and they complained that there was literally nothing to do in KC. Just farmland and boredom. That's what they said. So in reality, KC is a nothing burger.

With that said, I expect Florida State to wipe the floor with them and they'll be back to SEC irrelevance in all major sports once again.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• OK, boys. We're headed your way. Would love to see some of you out cheering on the Coogs and your favorite player, Rob Gray.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your team has a lot of Final Four WSU saltiness in them. If you go on a tear, it could be a fun ride for you guys. Bring that strong defense game after game.

• Originally posted by Coog89 View Post
                  OK, boys. We're headed your way. Would love to see some of you out cheering on the Coogs and your favorite player, Rob Gray.
                  You’d probably have better luck searching for gold in your feces. Nevertheless, I’m hoping for a nice AAC showing. Good luck!
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Only after the refs finally call a foul on him. So sorry, not happenin.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• People keep talking about Ok State but have any of you watched them more than the KU and WSU games? Or even just looked at their resume? Honestly they got listed far closer to the bubble than they should. RPI in the 80s 5 and freaking 12 in q1 games. 8-14 against q1 and 2. Not even close.

Comment

• Alright. So here’s the repost of the Twitter exchange about Houston. And I’m sure of few of you share similar thoughts...

And the reply...
                        Last edited by Slykryck; March 11, 2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                          Cdizzle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          HA

• Kung Wu
                          Kung Wu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          hahaha

• The more games that Houston wins ... The better the conference looks and the more money that comes in. I'll cheer them on

Comment

• The last bazillion NCs have been top 20 KenPom offense and defense. This year, only MSU and Duke meet that criteria. They would meet in the S16.

Comment

Working...
                          X