No announcement yet.

End of Game Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big difference is composure, IMO. Loyola players have it.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume you're not suggesting that Frankamp missed his winner against Cincy for lack of composure. Various criticisms could be leveled against him -- and probably most of them have been, on here -- but it's hard to imagine anyone suggesting that he lacks composure. Now, McDuffie, especially this year as he tried to do too much, might have been a different story when he missed against Temple; and I have to say it's still an open question on Shamet both as shooter and as triggerman. But I'd take Frankamp firing for the win anytime, even though he's had a couple of key misses.

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Making bad passes in crucial moments, not being a bale to get good shots off, etc. That’s lack of composure. Not sure how you singled out Frankamp from my previous comment. If we’re naming names, I’d say Reaves and Shamet are prime culprits when it comes to failing in crunch time.

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, Dan, on Reaves and Shamet. Both need to get better, and I think there's good reason to hope they will. I wasn't singling out Frankamp and was glad to see you confirm you weren't either.

We can battle this thing to death and it is not going to change a damn thing.

The next damn game this situation occurs, the damn ball is going Swish through the damn net.

And if it doesn't, it's my damn fault.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for stepping up, 60 -- you da man, and we'll be back in touch if it happens again.

Compare the Shockers end of game performance with that of FSU Seminoles tonight in the last 1:30 against Meechigan. I’ve never seen anything that ugly
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I didn't watch -- had better things to do; plus it was the Chickenhawks, for heaven's sake, whom I only watch when they play the Shocks because of my expectation that I'll see them lose -- but from the play-by-play, it doesn't seem like the mighty Dukies exactly covered themselves with glory late in regulation last night. Up three with the ball and under a minute to go, they failed to score, gave up a quick three to let the lead slip away, then got what one mioght have thought would for their model citizen senior, who promptly missed it (thus proving yet again that even good plays only look good when the players make shots).

Coach K must not know what he's doing in end of game scenarios either.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        I didn't watch -- had better things to do; plus it was the Chickenhawks, for heaven's sake, whom I only watch when they play the Shocks because of my expectation that I'll see them lose -- but from the play-by-play, it doesn't seem like the mighty Dukies exactly covered themselves with glory late in regulation last night. Up three with the ball and under a minute to go, they failed to score, gave up a quick three to let the lead slip away, then got what one mioght have thought would for their model citizen senior, who promptly missed it (thus proving yet again that even good plays only look good when the players make shots).

Coach K must not know what he's doing in end of game scenarios either.
        He is only (arguably) the best currently active coach in college basketball.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          I know that's his reputation, Shockm -- that's what makes Duke's poor final minute of regulation against the Chickenhawks so puzzling. Can't a great coach just scribble some X's and O's on a white board, push a few buttons, and have his (in his case, his 5-star) guys go out and lock down a victory?

When your players make plays and especially shots (even unlikely ones), you look good as a coach; when they miss shots (even good ones), or throw ill-advised passes that they almost certainly didn't practice, you look not so good. And that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Stick to it Watcher, it's a darn Good story.

Comment

Working...
          X