No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Coaching Changes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evansville hires Walter McCarty, an assistant coach with the Boston Celtics, who is originally from Evansville and played at Kentucky before an NBA career

Comment

• Hurley officially with UConn

Comment

• Chris Mack and Louisville will be meeting this weekend.

Comment

• Dan
          Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          that's a good target for Louisville. He does not make a lot of money at Xavier, relatively speaking ($1.7 M)

• I hope he gets it. That's the one that I'm worried about. That job will pay north of $4 mill in salary alone.

Comment

• shelback
          shelback commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe Louisville still owes Pitino a good chunk of change the the next 4 or 5 years. They might be looking on the cheap.

• Louisville's NCAA troubles and Marshall's memory of April 2013 = I can't imagine him even considering going there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Louisville's NCAA troubles and Marshall's memory of April 2013 = I can't imagine him even considering going there.
          It was not a jumpball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            Louisville's NCAA troubles and Marshall's memory of April 2013 = I can't imagine him even considering going there.
            The fact that they are publically going after Mack basically rules him out 100% now. He wont be their backup plan.

Comment

• If the FBI is right, Louisville knowingly committed at least one major recruiting violation while under probation for other major recruiting violations. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that program if I were a coach, it's a ticking time bomb of possible multi-year scholarship reductions and post season bans.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                Editing a comment
                Marshall would

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                Editing a comment
                I mean seriously, can you imagine Marshall enjoying coaching a team banned from postseason?

• Rocky Mountain Shock
                Rocky Mountain Shock commented
                Editing a comment
                If it were UNC, Kentucky, KU, etc., I would have no faith in the NCAA. But I could see the NCAA treating UL as the sacrificial lamb for all the shoe company payments by the bluebloods.

• Niko Medved is rumored to be leaving Drake to coach Colorado State after just 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Niko Medved is rumored to be leaving Drake to coach Colorado State after just 1 year.
                He should jump if he can, Drake graduated everyone and will be terrible next year.

Comment

Niko Medved is rumored to be leaving Drake to coach Colorado State after just 1 year.
                  LOL, Drake
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

He should jump if he can, Drake graduated everyone and will be terrible every year.
                    FTFY

Comment

Wow. They’re gonna end up worse off than if they had just kept any of their crappy coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Wow. They’re gonna end up worse off than if they had just kept any of their crappy coaches.
                        I don't see how they will actually be worse off.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There was about 10 spots they could fall and be worse than 2 years ago...

• Cdizzle
                          Cdizzle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Pretty soft landing.

• AndShock
                          AndShock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          They have 5 players returning. Of which who played 57%, 34%, 29%, 25% and 7% of minutes. That’s before any coach-induced transfers. They have 8 recruits signed for next year. If they can find an assistant to keep some of them that’s probably their best option so they can actually have a roster for next year. Otherwise most of those kids are getting out of their LOIs and the scholarships are gonna be offered to the lowest of low unsigned recruits. Might as well just find a JUCO team and sign them all.

• And this is the penalty for leaving Drake night.

Comment

Working...
                        X