Is AACBBS good enough?/Interest in new AAC forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Is it really you UCONN_Husky brother? I've been searching for you in vain. I am even posting on TheBoneyard.com in hopes of bumping into you again lol.

T

...:cool:
    Are you a ghost?
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

Are you a ghost?
      You're getting warmer...

T

Comment

• shoxrox89
        shoxrox89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bad assery, I bet women just throw their under garments at you, huh?

WheatShock
      #29.1
      WheatShock commented
      2 hours ago
      How is a public service announcement being a "turncoat"?

I was actually a little disappointed (but not surprised) that you got banned as I thought there were others who should have gone before you.

Brother - I, and a few others (AndShock, 'Fever, Stickboy, Shock, Play Angry, Shockvalue, etc), were the reason that board came alive in the spring of 2017. I'm certain there will be those on here that disagree with my definition of alive, but the endless stream of appreciation (both public and private) from the community members well-endowed with a sense of humor and skin resounded. Now the board is completely dead - back to where it was before last spring's infusion of Shocker "energy".

You see, people don't visit sports message boards for scores, news (except maybe SN recruiting lol), and schedules. All that can be obtained via ESPN.com or Kansas.com. What people come to message boards for is to read opinions, enjoy diverse personalities, and to gloat and/or tell their opposition they suck. Every board needs its villains and heroes; its rivalries and alliances. Why do you think Valley and AAC schools either sell out or see significant attendance spikes when the Shockers come to town? Is it to celebrate our greatness? No, they want to see us die on their court.

Some have said that the AAC board (thanks to me) became a cesspool of ****-talking and trolling. Perhaps I'm biased but I saw nothing like that. There were threads for smack and there were threads for information. If you found yourself with an appetite for smack, you knew to foray into the game threads; if you wanted to experience more pacifistic activities, you limited your participation to "neutral topics". I learned a massive amount of information on the history of the American Athletic conference and it's member schools. I learned all this while engaging in hijinx and trolltivities. In fact, it's the very act of trashing a Cincy or Houston fan (OMG pesik...) that forces him/her to regurgitate every single accomplishment of the modern (and ancient lol) era... it's a great information gathering tool.

Last season there were countless threads earning over 600 posts, 30+ pages, and 30,000+ views in just a couple days before they were abandoned or locked (tee hee). That board had never seen this kind of fan participation. That's the Shocker Effect. The threads we were involved in even beat all the bowl threads including UCF's Peach Bowl thread (no doubt to the chagrin of foosball lovers everywhere). Was there value in our contribution? From a pure clicks and posts standpoint it's undeniable. Did we make the environment more volatile and acerbic? Well... yes.

I'm not trying to convince anybody to like what I do (or did), I'm only attempting to explain that there is a method to my madness and it's not just some insane person behind the keyboard craving attention. I create controversy and I give people a reason to align against me (and some brave souls with me). It's an exercise in wit, temperament, patience, and character (in how much punishment you can take without cracking) - all hopefully within the constraints of the forum rules.

Yes, I'm the worst poster on the face of the earth and "I serve no purpose at all...", so why not ask me a question about an AAC team, coach, or program. I bet I could drown you in the knowledge I've attained during the last 12 months of posting over in that "impossible place to discuss sports" (that I ruined). I can tell you everything about Tulane's future prospects in basketball, ECU's new beginnings, Temple's frustrations, Cincy's futility, UConn's women *gags*, UCF's bleachers, USF's arrogance (towards UCF), Memphis's distorted concept of collegiate basketball, Tulsa's gazebo, SMU's parties/infractions, Houston's little man syndrome, etc., etc., et-mfin'-cetera. It's just a coincidence that most of that sounded negative (occupational hazard lol). I know a lot of positive things too. :)

How many knew that Tulane left the SEC on their own volition back in the '60's?

T

Comment

• Topshock
        Topshock commented
        Editing a comment
        I did!

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Volition? I thought it was a Greyhound!

I think we are just missing sub and pvtlamb.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        Pvtlamb is back! We are missing fastbow, Subby, and some others. Anybody seen that prickly character ISASO in a while?

T

• shock
        shock commented
        Editing a comment
        ABC?

UCONN_Husky needs to be a regular here too.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Angryshock, but I dont think he is clean enough for the blue hairs here

Comment

ABC, Private Lamb, same thang.

Comment

• shock
            shock commented
            Editing a comment
            I always liked ABC, glad to know you are back

Originally posted by shock View Post
          Angryshock, but I dont think he is clean enough for the blue hairs here
          Hey hey! :)

@Angryshock - dudes mad at the world, but a solid entertainer...

Forrest Gump: “There was this man giving a little talk, and for some reason he was wearing an American flag for a shirt. And he liked to say the 'F word' a lot. "F this" and "F that". And everytime he said the 'F word' people, for some reason, well, they cheered.”

18lvtd.jpg
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wheatshock needs to change his name to Millhouse. Playing by himself over there.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              Wheatshock needs to change his name to Millhouse. Playing by himself over there.
              Can you be a mod when you’re the only poster? Do you slap yourself when you get out of line talking to yourself.

It’s all a bear in the woods kinda thing.

Comment

The aac bbs has pretty well shut down on any input from shockers. As soon as one shows their head about a dozen sharpshooters take aim. It is sure fire designed to discourage participation. I guess if they wanna know anything about our teams, they'll have to just make things up. (some are pretty good at that already)

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Word.

T

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nah. It aint that bad. Those ficktards are awesome!

I have a feeling next season is going to be all pesik/TU4ever arguments.

Comment

Let them go. Once word get around that you are here, they will come looking.

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If that happens SN will become unreadable because of every topic just becoming a smack fest.

• shock
                  shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mod team will have to be on point

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As long as they aren't Chinese hackers living in Russia, we got it. And if they are Chinese hackers living in Russia, we'll pass it over to Rlh04d and he can take it from there.

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Hey everyone, just gauging interest in a potentially new AAC forum with better organization and subforums, more Shockernet-like than the jumble that the current AACBBS forums are. Would there be any interest?
                Yes..

The AACBBS is garbage. The Mods ruin any good thread.

There needs to be a better AAC board.

Perhaps instead of being "the Holyland of Hoops".. We can have a "The Promised Land of Hoops" AAC Board.

Those Big Priest guys rightly left the csnbbs boards
                Last edited by StunningSteve; May 5, 2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
                  UCONN_Husky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's nothing "right" about Villanova and the 9 Dwarfs.
              Working...
              X