Is AACBBS good enough?/Interest in new AAC forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is AACBBS good enough?/Interest in new AAC forum

Hey everyone, just gauging interest in a potentially new AAC forum with better organization and subforums, more Shockernet-like than the jumble that the current AACBBS forums are. Would there be any interest?
    Yes
    61.54%
    No, but I wouldn't use an alternative.
    11.54%
    No, I would use a better alternative.
    26.92%
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

I voted no simply because Co|dblooded is on the AACBBS one.

In all honesty, the layout isn't really that bad. But Co|d is that bad.

Comment

What exactly is the poll question? I think AACbbs is great, personally.

Comment

The layout is a bit of a pain in the ass and using tapatalk for it is painful as well.

The quality of post on the board isn't always the best. Cold crapping on every thread doesn't help.

Comment

I don't mind the AAC BBS, but I despise what a couple of WSU fans did to all WSU fans over the summer. By the time we got to basketball, any reference to WSU was destined to be nothing but trash talk and trolling. A couple of WSU posters made the AAC BBS uninhabitable by any looking to exchange info and meet new friends.

Right now AAC BBS (for WSU fans) makes the cess pool that was MVCFans look like a fresh water oasis in the middle of a desert.

I think separate boards for FB and BB would be helpful.
          Last edited by Aargh; March 5, 2018, 02:53 PM.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
            ShockdaWorld commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t always agree with Aargh, but this is spot on.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
            Rocky Mountain Shock commented
            Editing a comment
            True statement. It had a lot of promise to be a great place to mingle with conference mates. But several posters went extremely overboard and got into unnecessary troll wars with virtually every freaking fanbase. It got annoying quick. I backed away from CSNBBS significantly.

I don’t mind the AACBBS set up, and there are quite a few good posters over there if you’ve got time to sort through all the trolls and keyboard warriors.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I don't mind the AAC BBS, but I despise what a couple of WSU fans did to all WSU fans over the summer. By the time we got to basketball, any reference to WSU was destined to be nothing but trash talk and trolling. A couple of WSU posters made the AAC BBS uninhabitable by any looking to exchange info and meet new friends.

Right now AAC BBS (for WSU fans) makes the cess pool that was MVCFans look like a fresh water oasis in the middle of a desert.

I think separate boards for FB and BB would be helpful.
            Cold was almost successful at wrecking the place for WSU fans. It has gotten a lot better over the last couple of months though.

I like the place and there is some good stuff to be found. We also have a WSU specific forum over there that I encourage folks to check out.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I had high hopes for the AACBBS, but there is just too much trash to wade through. A topic barely gets to the 2nd page before becoming a flame-fest. Basketball season hadn't even started before I wrote it off as a must-visit site.

Comment

I found it very pleasant after I quit trying to be a character. Went back to posting like I was 5 years ago and found discussion was easier to be had. It’s great. But if you think you can create a better atmosphere, we put a man on the moon so anything is possible.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I don’t like that there are no subforums. I want to be able to look at basketball stuff when I’m interested rather than wading through EVERY possible thread.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

There are icons that some people are kind enough to use
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I had high hopes for the AACBBS, but there is just too much trash to wade through. A topic barely gets to the 2nd page before becoming a flame-fest. Basketball season hadn't even started before I wrote it off as a must-visit site.
                      Some of that stuff is still there but the mods cracked down a while back and cleaned it up quite a bit.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                        I don’t mind the AACBBS set up, and there are quite a few good posters over there if you’ve got time to sort through all the trolls and keyboard warriors.
                        Am I keyboard warrior? Are you mad about it?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                          ShockdaWorld commented
                          Editing a comment
                          nm
                          Last edited by ShockdaWorld; March 5, 2018, 10:44 PM. Reason: Not worth it

• ShockerPhi
                          ShockerPhi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'll answer. Yes you are.

• shock
                          shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          WTF is that avi

For any who were unwilling to be part of AACbbs while Cold was there come on over and join us. He got banned today.

Comment

The guys that run that site have absolutely GOT to be emasculated micro-peens in their personal lives. There’s just no other explanation at the owner’s and many of the mods’ behavior. I’ve been a mod at a couple of forums over the years, and I’ve never seen leadership act like they do... ever.

Any community or organization that has rotten leadership is nearly always a failure.

Comment

• shock
                            shock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well, its owned by a Georgia Tech tshirt fan sooo...
                        Working...
                        X