Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PG Malcolm Armstead (Transfer from Oregon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Dana is to Creighton as Schottenheimer is to the Chiefs?
    You could not be alluding to the fact that there were numerous appearances in post season but no wins. Something like that would be beneath you to even suggest.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      You could not be alluding to the fact that there were numerous appearances in post season but no wins. Something like that would be beneath you to even suggest.
      The wins were few and far between, thats for sure!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I've had a conversation with Malcolm about the topic being discussed. I don't know if Dana misses Armstead, but I know for an absolute fact that Armstead does not miss Altman and loves being at the D1 school that has the most hatred for Altman.

Armstead wanted out as soon as he met Altman. Then Altman talked him into staying - and then didn't play him much. Armstead is one motivated PG - especially playing for WSU, where we share his opinion of Altman. You're going to be hard pressed to find a more motivated player in D1. There are scores that are not settled and Armstead would like to stick it Altman in the worst possible way - and I do mean the worst possible way. Dropped prison shower soap bars come to mind.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• This is Mr. Armstead's one and only Season left to perform, and perfoming solid he will do. He paid his dues last Season and learned our System. This Season, he will be pushed for playing time by a top 100 high school player FVV. MA is a better shooter than advertised, will steal his opponents blind on D., and already displays leadership qualities that will be needed by a team that lost 5 nifty Seniors that lead us to a MVC regular Season Valley Championship.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Is DJA still upset that Altman spurned the Jays for a PAC-10 cellar dweller? Is that why DJA still follows Altman close enough to know exactly what he is thinking and doing at all hours of the day?
            No Creighton fan would ever say any such thing.

At least not while they have Doug McDermott making his dad look like a competent coach by carrying a team he never, ever would have played for if they hadn't hired his dad.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
              No Creighton fan would ever say any such thing.

At least not while they have Doug McDermott making his dad look like a competent coach by carrying a team he never, ever would have played for if they hadn't hired his dad.
              The same Doug McDermott that Dana didn't think was worth a scholarship?

No, I'm not mad at Dana. It seems like his departure has been good for all parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                The same Doug McDermott that Dana didn't think was worth a scholarship?

No, I'm not mad at Dana. It seems like his departure has been good for all parties.
                Unless you have in-laws who are DIE HARD Duck fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  I was just glancing at the roster of Oregon - it appears they lost most of their scoring to graduation. It may be a very long upcoming year for Dana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    Haha.

I think Oregon fans will like Dana, especially in the short term. He has a great basketball mind and is a top notch X and O's guy. He has difficulty recruiting, will bring in a lot of JUCo kids and often has difficulties getting along with higher maintenance type players. He will win though and already is ahead of schedule on the rebuilding process (a game away from the NCAA tournament is pretty solid considering where the program was). No doubt he'll have his struggles in the postseason, but he will also never bring an Ernie Kent like scandal to the campus either.

I admit that initially I was upset with his departure, but I also had a feeling that the program had plateaued. Since his departure, we've returned to the tournament and won a game, which means that in two years under Mac we have one less NCAA tourney win than we had in all of Dana's tenure. On top of that, recruiting has gone much better and we haven't brought in a single JUCO under Mac yet. Dana did a lot to resurrect our program and will always deserve praise for that (similar to what Turgeon did for you guys), but it is probably best for all parties that he has moved on.

Comment

Haha.

I think Oregon fans will like Dana, especially in the short term. He has a great basketball mind and is a top notch X and O's guy. He has difficulty recruiting, will bring in a lot of JUCo kids and often has difficulties getting along with higher maintenance type players. He will win though and already is ahead of schedule on the rebuilding process (a game away from the NCAA tournament is pretty solid considering where the program was). No doubt he'll have his struggles in the postseason, but he will also never bring an Ernie Kent like scandal to the campus either.

I admit that initially I was upset with his departure, but I also had a feeling that the program had plateaued. Since his departure, we've returned to the tournament and won a game, which means that in two years under Mac we have one less NCAA tourney win than we had in all of Dana's tenure. On top of that, recruiting has gone much better and we haven't brought in a single JUCO under Mac yet. Dana did a lot to resurrect our program and will always deserve praise for that (similar to what Turgeon did for you guys), but it is probably best for all parties that he has moved on.
                      Good post DJA. However, you'd have to admit that the package deal of Mac/Little Mac jumped started that success. I'm sure Little Mac's presence has added value in recruiting as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        Good post DJA. However, you'd have to admit that the package deal of Mac/Little Mac jumped started that success. I'm sure Little Mac's presence has added value in recruiting as well.
                        While the "package deal" has helped the process. There is no way anyone predicted Dougie to end up being an AA and the player he is in such a short amount of time. It's not like the package deal came with a burger boy.

I will say though, for as much of a knock Dana has gotten for recruiting he left the cupboards pretty full when he left. That has helped the process as well.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          No doubt, although nobody thought Doug was going to turn out the way he has. Hell, Dana had him on campus for an official visit and didn't even offer him a scholarship (greyshirting was discussed instead...smh) (On a related note, I doubt Doug would be having the same level of success at UNI considering the slow-it-down, ultra methodical offense they run. He needs an uptempo system to truly show off his skills.)

Mac has a much better personality and is about 1,000,000% more outgoing than Dana. I suspect his ability to close is probably light years better than Dana too. Milquetoast thinks Dana is dull.

I certainly acknowledge that little Mac's success has impacted recruiting significantly as well. I like to imagine every white forward in the country dreaming that he can be the next Doug McDermott. :)

Comment

You're ready to crown Chewbacca after one year considering his track record at other schools? Wow! If Chewbacca hadn't sprung the little miracle that is Chewie Jr. from his loins at the exact time that he did, and Cyclops hadn't fallen directly into his lap, BJ-U would have been pulling up the rear last year...

T

...:cool:

Comment

I like to imagine every white forward in the country dreaming that he can be the next Doug McDermott. :)
                              What, an unathletic defensive sieve? No doubt the dreams and hopes of every white forward in America. :good:

T

...:cool:

Comment

Haha.

I think the jury is still out on his rebuilding efforts. It's not like the P12 was a difficult conference last year. I'm going to wait for judgement on Dana after this year. I think his stay in Oregon will be shorter than thought, but at least he'll have a huge collection of neon yellow Nike apparel.

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                                No doubt, although nobody thought Doug was going to turn out the way he has. Hell, Dana had him on campus for an official visit and didn't even offer him a scholarship (greyshirting was discussed instead...smh) (On a related note, I doubt Doug would be having the same level of success at UNI considering the slow-it-down, ultra methodical offense they run. He needs an uptempo system to truly show off his skills.)

Mac has a much better personality and is about 1,000,000% more outgoing than Dana. I suspect his ability to close is probably light years better than Dana too. Milquetoast thinks Dana is dull.

I certainly acknowledge that little Mac's success has impacted recruiting significantly as well. I like to imagine every white forward in the country dreaming that he can be the next Doug McDermott. :)
                                I think the majority of forwards, no matter what race, want to be Kevin Durant, not Doug McD.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X