Matt Braeuer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Braeuer

Based on his Facebook page, it looks like Matt is the new Video Coordinator at Maryland.

Best wishes Matt!!!

He's gone to the dark side! NOOOOOOO!!!

j/k

Comment

I haven't seen that Midland has hired a new head coach.

I wondered if that played into this...
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Re: Matt Braeuer

Originally posted by 150946shox
        Based on his Facebook page, it looks like Matt is the new Video Coordinator at Maryland.

Best wishes Matt!!!
        This will be a nice boost for his career. Other coaches of his age would love to have a similar opportunity.

Matt has a high profile mentor and benefactor all rolled into one.

I sure wish him well. Very well.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I have the distinct feeling we'll see him back at WSU one of these years. I think he likes it here and if he plays his cards right over the next 5-10 years...

Comment

Not really sure as how this helps out his coaching resume? But congrats to Matty B. !

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
              Not really sure as how this helps out his coaching resume? But congrats to Matty B. !
              He's on an ACC staff. How is that not a resume booster?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                The fact that he's not a "coach" could be the reason. He can't recruit and has little to do with a lot of the on court teachings from that position. He'd probably be better off as a JUCO assistant for another couple of years. But Matt is a smart guy and I'm sure knows what he is doing. Personally, I wish he were somewhere that he could be more involved and recruiting.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

But this allows him to climb in the ranks to what I see as a top assistant. At least he has his foot in the door of a big d1 program.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                    But this allows him to climb in the ranks to what I see as a top assistant. At least he has his foot in the door of a big d1 program.
                    didnt the heats head coach start as a film man?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                      The fact that he's not a "coach" could be the reason. He can't recruit and has little to do with a lot of the on court teachings from that position. He'd probably be better off as a JUCO assistant for another couple of years. But Matt is a smart guy and I'm sure knows what he is doing. Personally, I wish he were somewhere that he could be more involved and recruiting.
                      He has a job in a BCS program. I doubt the job was taken without a plan that his mentor has helped him with. With the ACC being on every night, I'm glad to have a rooting interestAm
                      Phi Alpha

Comment

Part of my thinking is that I know a local guy who's spent something like 10 or so years in a similar roll and even though he's worked for a few BCS teams he's still not an actual assistant anywhere.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

In some cases, it's the guy and not the job

Comment

I don't disagree. I just have a hard time seeing how this makes more sense than remaining an assistant coach for a couple of years. I don't doubt that Matt will have success, I only believe that this will slow his progression. Recruiting is a HUGE deal when it comes to hiring assistants. I'm sure someone may take a chance on him eventually, but getting more recruiting experience and contacts under his belt would go much farther I think.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              I don't disagree. I just have a hard time seeing how this makes more sense than remaining an assistant coach for a couple of years. I don't doubt that Matt will have success, I only believe that this will slow his progression. Recruiting is a HUGE deal when it comes to hiring assistants. I'm sure someone may take a chance on him eventually, but getting more recruiting experience and contacts under his belt would go much farther I think.
                              Sometimes ability to network is more important in getting opportunities. I have no doubt Matt is being looked after by turgeon.

Comment

Working...
                              X