No announcement yet.

WSU vs SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G can't be happy with the way we're closing out games lately.

Comment

• Excellent road win! Go Shockers.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Brown has to get out of the starting lineup. He is now barely an average defender. If he's not an ELITE defender, he is a liability to the team. You can't have two black holes on offense unless they are both elite in some other area. If Marshall wants to start Kelly, Brown can't be out there too. We might as well be resigned to the fact that the other team's top scorer is going to absolutely torch us every single game. We don't have a single lock down defender on this roster.

Comment

• Cdizzle
          Cdizzle commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, this team does struggle to score.

• On Marshall's post game interview, Kennedy actually said "it looked like the seniors really came to play since they see the end of the season coming". Marshall just paused and said " uh, I guess so". I thought all of the seniors except for Shaq and Frankamp were awful today.

Comment

• Our defense is a problem and is regressing. @SMU, Tulane and Temple are 3 of our 4 worst defensive performances of the year via kenpom. Only 3 NCAA at large teams (USC, OU, and TCU) have a worse defensive rank. I really thought to start the season it was just a fluke and guys were just making shots but when every team does it then it's time to look in the mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Our team is scary good with this mcduffie character playing like this.
            Scary good *potential*

To see McDuffie go off like that and to still win by such a small margin vs a decimated SMU roster is... concerning.

This team could be on the losing end of a 14-3 upset, or on the road to a Final Four.

Comment

• We’ve got 5 guys playing pretty good right now in LS, MM, Shaq, CF and AR. I give Kelly a pass for the other things he brings to the table, but the rest of the guys are playing aweful basketball.

Comment

• Solid game today except for the last 3-4 minutes when we had a 15pt lead. I agree Brown needs to come off the bench and start Mcduffie. Brown and Kelly on the floor at the same time is like playing 3 on 5. Nurger and Willis need to get it together for the stretch run. Shaq is carrying the load inside and Shamet, Reeves, and Frankamp give us the fire-power at the guard position. Come Tournament time I think Marshall will play 8 to 9 guys unless there’s foul problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  And we didn't cover. Jankdick must've had money on the game.
                  I could only imagine the Vegas scene when CJ turned over with 2 secs left

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Won't be surprised to see that on SVP's Bad Beats.

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                  On Marshall's post game interview, Kennedy actually said "it looked like the seniors really came to play since they see the end of the season coming". Marshall just paused and said " uh, I guess so". I thought all of the seniors except for Shaq and Frankamp were awful today.
                  MK is too soft/kind never offering constructive criticism or critical question. He'd fight you to a death match if you claimed we don't have a lockdown defender.

Comment

• Good thing they were banged up. That was a sloppy effort on our part. Clean it up and move on to Thursday.

Comment

• We look really good when AR, CF, AR and MM play together.

A fun game, good crowd once they arrived, four free shirts and a win.

That is all i have to say about this game.

Comment

• Once again !!! How do you include RN as having played awful ? He is playing a role, he knows
                        his role and he plays it VERY well in the limited amount of minutes he is getting. Don't see
                        anyone scoring on him, he blocks out so others can rebound, he screens and passes well so
                        that others can score, he seldom turns it over and does not force things offensively. He gives
                        SM time to rest. Two assists and a rebound and zero turnovers today. No one scores on him
                        down low very easily. His role is not to come in and score it is to give SM some rest, screen,
                        pass and block out. He does all this very well plus still has the second best FG% on the team.
                        Just what are your expectations of him that he is not fulfilling? Hope MM can sustain the lind
                        of play he had today. I thought he was the difference maker along with SM again.

Comment

• SM and MM were 17-22 today. The rest of the team 10-34.

I'm going to bang Shaq's drum again. In his last 11 games: 17.4 ppg, .621 FG%, .467 3p%, 6.36 rpg, and he has played 30 minutes or more 5 times.

Didn't check to see if the following included today's game, but in conference games only, Shaq is 5th in scoring, 1st in FG%, and 4th in blocks. Also, LS is 1st in assists and A/T, AR is 1st in 3p%, and RK is 3rd in offensive rebounds .

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                            With our two games with SMU, they've hit 49 percent of their three pointers against us (their season average is 39 percent). We would have lost this game if Shake played. You can see this coming whether in the conference tourney or March Madness, there's going to be some yahoo who just ignites into the human torch and light us up and end us. I thought our D would eventually come around but nope.
                            Sixth straight w. 23-5. Some people you just can't reach.

Comment

• golferc
                              golferc commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Totally agree
                          Working...
                          X