No announcement yet.

WSU vs SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was unable to watch the game live today. Just finished watching the replay on ESPN3. However, I was spared having to listen to Lunardi. When the P-B-P guy or Mark Adams asked a question the only thing that happened while Lunardi was apparently responding was you did not see or hear Lunardi. Just the game, the sounds of the game, the PA guy and the crowd but wiht no commentary whatsoever.

I actually kind of liked that. Maybe ESPN or CBS should try that a few times and see what kind of reaction they get. Might save them a lot of money. Heck, my wife is always telling me how I say what the announcers are going to say before they say it anyway so, for me, they are kind of redundant.

Well, maybe not Bill Walton but I rarely watch games he is calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

why would McDuffie leave? He has zero pro prospects right now.
      Zero, I agree. His opinion matters more than yours or mine though.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Zero, I agree. His opinion matters more than yours or mine though.
        mjbaker84
        pinstripers you guys aren’t wrong about his current status. I don’t he on any scouts radar right now.

But he has a size/ability combo that is highly sought after at the NBA level. Somebody was in his ear after his sophomore year after an okay year and a no-show against Kentucky. He tested the waters without an agent which he can only do once. If he plays well in the tourney, whoever was in his ear last year will definitely be in his ear again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

why would McDuffie leave? He has zero pro prospects right now.
          And Austin won't average 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
            mjbaker84
            pinstripers you guys aren’t wrong about his current status. I don’t he on any scouts radar right now.

But he has a size/ability combo that is highly sought after at the NBA level. Somebody was in his ear after his sophomore year after an okay year and a no-show against Kentucky. He tested the waters without an agent which he can only do once. If he plays well in the tourney, whoever was in his ear last year will definitely be in his ear again.
            Most NBA prospects that meet your qualification mentioned above stay on their feet when play becomes even some what physical. Duff needs so much work on his body and ability to withstand physical contact. Just because he got hot YESTERDAY doesn't mean he is going to be consistent for the remainder of the year. I am just grateful Duff contributed vs. SMU, but be aware of fools gold.

Comment

• Unless he is looking forward to playing in Europe he should be back. Not even a second round
              pick. He just isn't strong enough to the rim and finishing to play in the NBA right now. Great game
              yesterday though. Hope he plays that well from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Most NBA prospects that meet your qualification mentioned above stay on their feet when play becomes even some what physical. Duff needs so much work on his body and ability to withstand physical contact. Just because he got hot YESTERDAY doesn't mean he is going to be consistent for the remainder of the year. I am just grateful Duff contributed vs. SMU, but be aware of fools gold.
                Maybe you didn’t read all of the posts I made regarding this. Maybe it’s the way your communication style comes across as you calling me out. If I’m misunderstanding your comments, that I digress.

I never said he would be consistent the rest of the year. Never said he didn’t need more work. Ron Baker was no where near a first round pick after his redshirt freshman year and instead of drinking the koolaid, he came back, had a prosperous career and is now making money in the NBA. McDuffie had no business sniffing the draft with or without an agent after last year, but he felt the need to.

But Austin will average 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  Unless he is looking forward to playing in Europe he should be back. Not even a second round
                  pick. He just isn't strong enough to the rim and finishing to play in the NBA right now. Great game
                  Totally agree. But NBA often drafts on potential and what they think the ceiling is. Will MM build his body faster at WSU or in an NBA organization where he devotes 24/7/365 to becoming bigger/stronger/better? That is the question that both MM and the NBA teams must ask and answer.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• pogo
                    pogo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Since you put it that way I would think he would be better the 24/7/365 the NBA can offer.

• SMU scored 13 points in the last 1:37. We scored 2.

I think our inability (or unwillingness) to close out a game that isn't really in question is a big part of the problem.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• proshox
                    proshox commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We over thought the last minute. That one doesn’t concern me.

• Personally, I'll never be worried about having issues closing out a game which isn't in question. It's still a win regardless. I thought yesterday was a great win with little to be worried about. I'm amazed at those trying to find issues with the fashion in which the team won.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    Unless he is looking forward to playing in Europe he should be back. Not even a second round
                    I agree. A guy can make a lot of money in Europe, there's nothing wrong with that. For the NBA, though, he's not strong enough and Kelly is a better dribbler (gasp).

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I agree. A guy can make a lot of money in Europe, there's nothing wrong with that. For the NBA, though, he's not strong enough and Kelly is a better dribbler (gasp).
                      Who unfortunately can’t hit a jumper to save his life this year.

Comment

• Love AR but no way he ever averages 20. What's the list under GM who did this? I mean he might be our best shooter and offensive talent going forward but he's not an extraordinary raw talent and we all know GM's system.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          Love AR but no way he ever averages 20. What's the list under GM who did this? I mean he might be our best shooter and offensive talent going forward but he's not an extraordinary raw talent and we all know GM's system.
                          Hey, sly said it twice, so he is confident AR will buck the Marshall coaching system I guess. The only way a player gets 20 a game in the Marshall system is if the supporting cast can't tie their shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Hey, sly said it twice, so he is confident AR will buck the Marshall coaching system I guess. The only way a player gets 20 a game in the Marshall system is if the supporting cast can't tie their shoes.
                            And I’m petty so best believe when my prediction somehow comes true, I will search the boards next year to being this up.

And i would expect the same form you all when I’m wrong. Lol

Comment

• pogo
                              pogo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I've built bridges and skyscrapers but do people remember me for this...No but have sex with one goat and you are branded as the goat****** the rest of your life. This is the way things work on SN :)
                          Working...
                          X