FBI Corruption Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI Corruption Probe

I saw someone on Reddit say they saw a tweet saying there is 50+ schools involved. Just wanted to make a thread for when this gets released.

Good idea. The two threads that we already have probably aren't enough.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...mbshell-coming

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...coaches/page17
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 22, 2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Good idea. The two threads that we already have probalby aren't enough.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/02/14/report-dozens-of-teams-potentially-facing-ncaa-issues-from-nba-agents-seized-computer/ Haven't seen any

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...coaches/page17
      Dang, no one of those are on the front page, so I missed them.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        And it is unlikely this thread will be on the front page by the time the FBI makes an announcement. However, ShockerNet does have a Search function.

"... if your team produced a first-round pick in the past 3 years, be worried." Uh-oh!

Comment

Big names have come up per Yahoo story - Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, etc.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/exclusi...103338484.html

"Former Wichita State player Fred VanVleet. Documents show he received at least $1,000."

Last edited by Ixiah; February 23, 2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• krcam
          krcam commented
          Editing a comment
          At the end of his career. It’s not like he came to WSU because he knew 4 years later he would get 1000 bucks.

The hand written notes say Fred Van Fleet, must be some other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
          The hand written notes say Fred Van Fleet, must be some other guy.
          $483 advance; we’ve come a long way since handing out coats

Comment

Ugh.​​

Comment

$1000 to FVV plus another $2000 to his dad. Wow.

Comment

So was this guy just handing out cash during march madness?
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I’m confused. Someone spell this out for me as far WSU’s involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                    Those details do not seem to be in the report. On another note, FVV was a big advocate for player payments as he tweeted about this, or re-tweeted such tweets numerous times during his time here, so it would not surprise me to see him involved in this.

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post

Depends. Depends on what, if anything, Wichita State knew. But this shows than an agent was giving Fred money before he graduated. Means that Fred took money from an agent, knowing that later on that agent would be paid back off after Fred made it in the NBA. This does NOT show Wichita State paying Fred.

I would assume possible sanctions would be based off what WSU knew. As for other examples and what not, others might have them, but this has happened to other programs plenty of times before. Not a good look.

Hard to blame a guy for trying to better himself and his family, but Fred knew better, and still, evidently, took money.

Comment

Sunshine take, and hope:

This payment could have been made after our loss to Miami?

Possibly?
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Possibly, but who knows? The devil is in the details, and I'm sure we'll find out eventually. Disappointing in any case.

Oof

Comment

Working...
                        X