FBI Corruption Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Had the ncaa even figured out who owned the car Billy Preston was driving. I don't think they have cleared anyone of anything. That being said it wouldn't surprise me either. After typing this and reading it one thought...How screwed up is the ncaa if I am actually thinking this.
    Let's give the NCAA credit for knowing it wasn't Biilly Preston's car. Looks like the rest of the cheaters are going to play the whole season (sad if htey really cheated).

Comment

• i guess i'll have to say it until i'm blue in the face.. the ncaa knows all about how the system works.

Comment

• The NCAA doesn’t want to do anything to rock the boat because they are afraid their cash cows will leave.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• pogo
          pogo commented
          Editing a comment
          Sad to say but you are probably right

• Here’s the article clearing Michigan State’s Bridges.......
        Michigan State star Miles Bridges is confident that he'll get to play out the rest of the season and help the No. 2-ranked Spartans pursue championships after he was cleared by the NCAA to play in his team's regular-season finale Sunday.
        Last edited by capnkirk; February 25, 2018, 04:38 PM.
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, gee. I know so much more now that I read the article. It all makes sense. Izzo clearly pointed out why the NCAA acted so quickly (and probably why nothing was found).

• Originally posted by TheGr1z View Post

I feel sorry for the “fans” who can’t seem to keep the facts straight about the different aspects of this FBI investigation. To me this post indicates that you think that Gregg Marshall has been lying about staying out of it?

It is still very reasonable to hold belief that Wichita State was not involved in this. I think an agent got to Fred directly and that Fred made a mistake in taking money. Call me biased, but to me this is the most likely scenario.

Why would a WSU fan choose to believe that Gregg Marshall has been lying while being so outspoken against using money to lure players to a University? He has gone out of his way in multiple interviews to speak about this at length.
        I am waiting for a college coach to admit to paying players. It hasn’t happened as far as i know.

Comment

• proshox
          proshox commented
          Editing a comment
          Furthermore, the prevailing thought process is that most schools setup systems that provide plausible deniability for the coaches. I have no knowledge that WSU has cheated and i don’t have an opinion about the likelihood, but it is hard for these players and families to go backwards from the perks AAU teams can provide.

Obviously the lower the kids ranking is the less likely someone had to pay....

• proshox
          proshox commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of this reminds of parents that can’t identify that their teenage kids drink beer or get high.

• Originally posted by proshox

I am waiting for a college coach to admit to paying players. It hasn’t happened as far as i know.
        I'm not holding my breath either. Doesn't mean everyone is doing it.

Originally posted by proshox

Furthermore, the prevailing thought process is that most schools setup systems that provide plausible deniability for the coaches. I have no knowledge that WSU has cheated and i don’t have an opinion about the likelihood, but it is hard for these players and families to go backwards from the perks AAU teams can provide.

Obviously the lower the kids ranking is the less likely someone had to pay....
        Sure, I am just going to choose to believe that Wichita State isn't doing that.

Originally posted by proshox

A lot of this reminds of parents that can’t identify that their teenage kids drink beer or get high.
        In regards to Wichita State? Really? Why?

Comment

• proshox
          proshox commented
          Editing a comment
          My comments are about all college basketball fans. Go to almost all forums and the prevailing wisdom is that all the other schools are doing it. Or it is the “other”
          shoe companies... or the other agents. Not our school, not our players, not our shoe company.

It doesn’t add up, most of college basketball stinks, and I am not going to assume anything when it comes to my school.

PS - HCGM’s statement was as good as we could have hoped for giving the current reports.

• Looks like LSU is prominant on the radar now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Why should they, they were just driving over the speed limit like everybody else.
          True story.

I was driving 63 on Kellogg yesterday in the middle lane and had a car fly by me on the right. Immediate thought… “I bet that was Cdizzle !!!!!!!”

I laughed to myself. Then, I laughed even harder when I thought about what the conversation would have been like if I had said it out loud and my wife had responded “what did you say?”.

About 5 minutes later, I passed a cattle truck and my brain immediately screamed, “Hey, I bet ShockerFever is on there”.

This board sure does provide some good entertainment. Dumb as crap, but entertainment none the less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            I was driving 63 on Kellogg yesterday in the middle lane and had a car fly by me on the right.
            “Follow the rules” is such an unreasonable stance

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
              Jamar Howard 4 President commented
              Editing a comment
              Nuance and message boards. Like oil and water.

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              Whatever, cheater. :)

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

True story.

I was driving 63 on Kellogg yesterday in the middle lane and had a car fly by me on the right. Immediate thought… “I bet that was Cdizzle !!!!!!!”

I laughed to myself. Then, I laughed even harder when I thought about what the conversation would have been like if I had said it out loud and my wife had responded “what did you say?”.

About 5 minutes later, I passed a cattle truck and my brain immediately screamed, “Hey, I bet ShockerFever is on there”.

This board sure does provide some good entertainment. Dumb as crap, but entertainment none the less.
            That fresh steaming sh*t turd that flew onto your squeaky clean, freshly washed 1998 Dodge Neon and smeared across the windshield was from me.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• pogo
              pogo commented
              Editing a comment
              Well so much for eating breakfast.

• Here’s something to take our minds off all this corruption. College basketball player acts against his own self-interest for a noble reason.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Saw this earlier this morning.

Some guys will go to extremes making excuses for missing a shot!

Just kidding. Very classy and selfless move by the young man.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 26, 2018, 09:32 PM.

• MJ23
              MJ23 commented
              Editing a comment
              If your not familiar with the Chris Street story, he passed away his Jr year at Iowa after a team dinner. He was potential All-American. His car was hit by a snowplow on a cold wintry night in Iowa city. He was one of my favorite players of all time. He smile and love of the game was genuine to all who watched him play. Very classy move by Jordan Bohannon. One of the best college basketball games ever played, imo, came a week later when Iowa played the Fab 5 Wolverines. Perspective is everything. Love the game like it's your last because you never know...

• Originally posted by Wooglin View Post
            Looks like LSU is prominant on the radar now.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...96a5ed702.html
            I wonder how much coin Yahoo Sports is shelling out in "incentive payments" to obtain their info and are the recipients planning on reporting that to the IRS?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I wonder how much coin Yahoo Sports is shelling out in "incentive payments" to obtain their info and are the recipients planning on reporting that to the IRS?
              Their petty cash fund must have replenished after Verizon bought all the hacked email accounts

Comment

• You gotta love it when Shaq’s son decommits from Arizona because of the issues and decides to commit to UCLA...

Comment

• AndShock
                  AndShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He probably decommited because Sean Miller won’t be there. They couldn’t care less about the sketchy stuff.

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                You gotta love it when Shaq’s son decommits from Arizona because of the issues and decides to commit to UCLA...
                Haha yeah, especially after Lonzo Ball was quoted as "Might as well pay players. Everyone's doing it." Which clearly seems to indicate he may have been paid as well. Won't be surprised if UCLA gets caught up in this too.

Comment

Working...
                X