No announcement yet.

FBI Corruption Probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, if Miller has been benched for this game, he'll never coach basketball in college again. That means they believe it's true and the audio will absolutely come out from a FOIA request if nothing else if so.

If Ayton plays tonight, it's because Arizona is gambling on the FBI not being able to prove that the money transfer happened. Which seems incredibly stupid. Or maybe they think the season is going to be stripped anyway, so who cares.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Darren RovellVerified account@darrenrovell 4h4 hours ago

JUST IN: Sean Miller’s contract, as written, somehow pays him more for getting fired with cause than without cause. So if Miller is fired with cause, Arizona will owe him approximately $5 million more ($10.3 million versus $5.15 million) than if they fired for no reason.

MY GOD

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Then they will just have to say they are firing him for no reason other that he sweats too much. Wait I guess that could be cause. Okay, because he wins too much. Wait........
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 24, 2018, 11:07 PM.

• Jay Bilas saying in the KU game that Miller and Arizona expect to be exonerated and Ayton will play this evening.

Comment

• Ayton and Bridges have been cleared as eligible by their respective compliance offices. That was fast. Anyone else get the feeling that we're gonna see, "the NCAA is so mad at Kentucky it will probably slap another two years probation on Cleveland State", scenario? Someone is going to have to go down when this is all said and done, the NCAA is not going to allow itself to be embarrassed like this without coming down hard on some program.

Comment

• Shaq O'Neal's son de-commits from AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
            Jay Bilas saying in the KU game that Miller and Arizona expect to be exonerated and Ayton will play this evening.
            I'm getting tired of Bilas' constant defense of anybody appearing to be breaking NCAA rules.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I'm getting tired of Bilas' constant defense of anybody appearing to be breaking NCAA rules.
              He's clearly anti-NCAA which I personally agree with but saying he always excuses those breaking rules isn't accurate: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22564191

Comment

• Sparty and UK must have extremely proficient Compliance staff. They have both performed extensive investigations since yesterday and found their respective players good to go. SMH.

Comment

• Comments from Gregg Marshall:

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    FVV certainly didn't get Marshall's seal of approval.

• Definitely interesting the Arizona has benched Miller but is letting Ayton play. Does the way they and Michigan State have reacted raise a question about the veracity of the agent's records, in which case the (much lesser) allegations against FVV could be questionable as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Triticum aestivum L. View Post
                    Sparty and UK must have extremely proficient Compliance staff. They have both performed extensive investigations since yesterday and found their respective players good to go. SMH.
                    Can’t have the wolf watching the hen house.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGr1z View Post
                      Pretty well sums up how I feel—- surprised, disappointed, and questioning whether FVV info is accurate.

Simply doesn’t make sense. High risk decision with such a minimal reward.

Last edited by Veritas; February 24, 2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Interesting that Fred and Gregg haven’t spoke yet. Wonder if that’s under the recommendation of the compliance department and/or lawyers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Definitely interesting the Arizona has benched Miller but is letting Ayton play. Does the way they and Michigan State have reacted raise a question about the veracity of the agent's records, in which case the (much lesser) allegations against FVV could be questionable as well?
                          At this point ... What's the harm in playing players ? If they took money before the season their whole season is gone anyways. Right now everything is being based off spreadsheet. (Minus the wiretap which showed intent on Miller's part). No proof of any actual money changing hands. Worst case for these schools is they vacate a couple extra games

Comment

• pogo
                            pogo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thats the way I see this playing out. So far these are allegations and there has been no formal notice of investigation by the ncaa to any member institution so they continue on and let it play out and then vacate a few more wins if it all goes south.

• Or they have both been busy with their careers.

Comment

Working...
                          X