Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Who votes we ban him?
    I hate to say I called that 11 months ago...

but I told ya so..
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you did, but it was fun for a while.

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Temple Owls takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

only 6 min for Nurger. Shaq was 9-10 and Willis was 9-11.

Comment

• Dan
      Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      It was all about matchups this game. Nurger and Jones did not matchup with this stye of game

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    WSU...may yet win this game but nevertheless mid major talent and soft. Maybe too many nice guys on this team.
    This guy also needs to be on ban watch.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wife and I have never been to a better, louder game. Atmosphere was absolutely electric. In-game production was a total 358 (not quite 360 because the band started the war chant when we were losing).

This is the game, boys. I think we get Cincci twice, honestly.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't complain about the band getting ahead of themselves, WSG.

One of the things I still remember about the great and deafening NCAA game between WSU and Iowa 35+ years ago was the band launching into the Low Brass cheer with the Shocks still down nine early in the second half. WSU had just scored three quick baskets to begin its long and ultimately successful comeback, and when the drum started pounding the crowd went absolutely crazy, the roof darn near came off the place, and it never got quiet for long again. That "premature" cheer that afternoon was a great catalyst for an atmosphere seldom if ever surpassed in Shocker history.

• Have been going for over 30 years and this was one of the most exciting games (FSU?) This is why we wanted to be in the AAC. So glad to be just a small part of this University.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

This guy also needs to be on ban watch.
        Cause he's a KU fan in addition to being a Wichita State fan, and he just doesn't pump enough sunshine...

Comment

Cause he's a KU fan in addition to being a Wichita State fan, and he just doesn't pump enough sunshine...
          Mid major talent? That was lame AF.

That mid major talent is 20-5, ranked in the Top 20, and was in the Top 10 for a lot of the season, and just came back from a 14 point deficit against a team that was horsing it from the Omaha suburbs all night.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
            Jamar Howard 4 President commented
            Editing a comment
            That's an argument for calling him wrong or stupid, not for a ban.

• Comment

• Definitely in my top 10 loudest, consistently throughout an entire half that I’ve witnessed at Koch starting about the mid seventies when I was a kid.

Comment

• Two stats that jumped out at me tonight. Both teams only commit 7 turnovers. In hopes that's all we have versus Cin. We shot 29 throws and they shot 14. 9 of those throws were on the three ill-advised fouls we made as they were shooting 3-pointers. Ouch
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 1. Thank you AAC - games are so much more entertaining
                2. We played a great 2nd half
                3. Lots of contributors
                4. Can't wait for Sunday
                5. CF looking more like CF. Big shot with a minute to go
                6. Really need to play good both halves vs Cincy to win

Comment

• Crestway go be with your chicken hawks and get off our board

Comment

It’s one thing to be a dual fan and not a sunshine pumper, and a completely different thing to just straight up talk crap and make stupid comments about mid-major talent.

Some teams do it the right way and don’t have the luxury of having Adidas luring in 5* players by hooking them up with Audis.

Comment

• Lots and lots to enjoy.

The crowd brought it. The game crew did the best job yet of staying out of the way.

The players all found a way to contribute.

I feel like our defensive woes can still be fixed. We refuse to guard stretch fours with smaller players. It was hard to keep SM or DW out of the game, but playing two fives against a team that fed the post one time all game results in lots of open jump shots..... just seems like we should try MM at the four instead of the three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

It’s one thing to be a dual fan and not a sunshine pumper, and a completely different thing to just straight up talk crap and make stupid comments about mid-major talent.

Some teams do it the right way and don’t have the luxury of having Adidas luring in 5* players by hooking them up with Audis.
                        Actually I agree with you...I don't like the way Self recruits. He sells his soul for 5 star one-and-dones who often don't

work out. I prefer the the 3 and 4 star recruits that WSU gets and tries to develop.

Comment

Working...
                        X