Uconn gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12eagle View Post
    According to kenpom that was our 5th worst defensive efficiency of the season. However it was our best offensive efficiency of the season.
    I did notice that our KenPom defense took a hit after the game... this surprised me because I was enamored with how terrible Connecticut's offense was... they are really, really, really, exceedingly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

I did notice that our KenPom defense took a hit after the game... this surprised me because I was enamored with how terrible Connecticut's offense was... they are really, really, really, exceedingly bad.
      They hit a few jumpers. That was about it.

Comment

Our third unit giving up a ton of points at the end submarined our D rating for the night. It should have been an average, maybe slightly above average performance on that end, but the last several minutes flipped it into negative territory.

Comment

With 6:20 to go in the game, we were up 83-57 and had allowed about 1.7 points per minute (68 points over 40 minutes). Had those offensive rates continued, the score would have been 99-68.

Over the remaining game, they scored on 8 of 11 positions, outscored us 12-17 at a rate of 2.7 points per minute (108 points over 40). The final score was 95-74.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Speaking of attendance, did anyone else see an extremely tall (7 foot plus) white kid walking around in the concourse last night before the game?

BTW, this isn’t a “I know something you don’t” post. I honestly had no idea who he was.
            he walked right past me and was on the court behind the press with someone from WSU. Had on black sweats and WSU sweatshirt

Comment

A losing record and the recent news of another NCAA investigation begs the question: is Kevin Ollie the right man to lead UConn back to prominence?

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                Shocktoberfest commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t like the pot shots at the conference. I wanna believe this league has lasting potential.

Just saw on the Eagle website that Austin Reaves and Brett Barney were in that nine-car pileup last night. Happily, no injuries.

Comment

I know some would not consider that UConn is a “Blueblood”. I get that. But, if you knew that program 35 years ago, you would never guess that they would be the only team to win 4 Men’s Basketball Championships in the last 20 yeas...the ONLY school to do that. That’s pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                  I know some would not consider that UConn is a “Blueblood”. I get that. But, if you knew that program 35 years ago, you would never guess that they would be the only team to win 4 Men’s Basketball Championships in the last 20 yeas...the ONLY school to do that. That’s pretty impressive.
                  Thank you Jim Calhoun. UConn was nothing before 1990 and has succumbed to nothing, more or less, after 2015 (when Calhoun's players all exited the program).
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

UConn’s 4 man “rebound” made #6 on ESPN’s February Not Top Ten:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                      UConn’s 4 man “rebound” made #6 on ESPN’s February Not Top Ten:
                      Shocker t-shirt clearly visible in the fan shot for the failed car exit from the spring training baseball field - not top 10 #7 I think. Have to hit pause quick.

Comment

Working...
                      X