Official Shocks vs Tigers Game These

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post

I didn't watch the game. Just read "play-by-play" and agree with you that GM made a good call there. Nobody is perfect. Hope he is learning.
    You know. Greggs philosophy is that players need to play through adversity and learn mental toughness by working through tough situations without timeouts. We know that innNCAA Tournaments he calls more early timeouts. Maybe you or I would call too many timeouts and need to learn from him. You can't argue that he's been successful during his career and knows more than either you or I. Maybe later on fewer timeouts is better. I hesitate to act like I have all the answers and Coach needs to learn from you or I. However last night it seemed to be the right call.

Comment

• I think the way to look at it is that it’s Gregg Marshall’s way of showing his stress level. If he is not calling timeouts because he wants to learn toughness then you know he is still in his normal routine and is not worried. If he’s calling timeouts, it means he is no longer focused on building toughness and is more focused on an emergency.

he declared emergency in the Memphis game because we can’t afford to keep losing. In the MVC he didn’t call timeouts because he was not worried.

Comment

• I think 3G is more likely to call a "momentum busting timeout" in the second half than in the first half. IMHO, the reason for that is that he simply does not know how many timeouts will be required for loose balls or inbounding the ball. If WSU uses one TO for each of those, there are only two remaining. It is possible to play through momentum times, but not possible to not lose the ball is unable to inbound it within five seconds. The loose ball situation may also be a turnover, may not be an immediate turnover. And there is justification for wanting to have a TO or two for use, if necessary, inm the last wo minutes of a tight game.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post

I didn't watch the game. Just read "play-by-play" and agree with you that GM made a good call there. Nobody is perfect. Hope he is learning.
          I think Marshall realizes this team has no FVV to run and control the game--especially when Landry is out. Time outs may be more forthcoming as a result.

Comment

Working...
          X